Phantom 2 flashing yellow light
5434 14 2020-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
j437a
lvl.1

United States

I'm back to the drawing board. I received the DJ6 and the binding red light goes out in the battery bay, but I have another problem. I have a continuous yellow flashing light. On the NAZA software it say I have a configuration error with my transmitter. Okay I used the RC assistance software for the transmitter and still getting a configuration error. Could the receiver be bad on the drone? if the receiver was bad would the light still go out when plugging your battery in with the transmitter on? Please help with some guidance. They have receivers for 17.50 on eBay should I change that unit. I would appreciate any help.

R/
John
2020-12-26
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

What exactly is flashing yellow?  
2020-12-27
Use props
j437a
lvl.1

United States

The  indicator light on the back of the phantom  that flash yellow, red , and green saying you are connected to satellites.

R/
John
2020-12-27
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

You should spend some time and read the manual.  You should read it at least twice cover to cover.  Fast flashing yellow lamps in the rear indicates no control signal or loss of the control signal.  Slow flashing yellow lamps in the rear indicates less than six satellites have been acquired which means you have no GPS fix, no homepoint, etc. and you're waiting for the sixth satellite.  If you're inside on your kitchen table, this would be expected.  Slow flashing lamps also indicates ATTI mode, which again, indicates no GPS, either because you are deliberately in ATTI mode with the S1 switch, or you have lost the sixth satellite during flight for whatever reason.  Good luck.
2020-12-28
Use props
j437a
lvl.1

United States

When connected to the NAZA software it would say configuration error and when using the RC assistance to re-calibrate the transmitter I would still get a configuration error in the NAZA software. The binding light in the battery bay goes out once I turn the transmitter on. If I turn the transmitter off the red light comes back on. All function are null in the NAZA software unable to check any functions, but the binding light is out in the battery bay when doing so. My question is how do i correct the configuration error?

R/
John
2020-12-28
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

It's odd that you describe a Phantom 2 with a DJ6 controller, but you say there is a receiver on eBay available to you for $17.50.  The only receiver I can find on eBay for $17.50 is this one:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Pha ... :g:xkkAAOSwyApcN2kP  How can this be?

Are you sure you have a straight Phantom 2?  

It sounds like you haven't read the manual.  Have you read the manual?  
2020-12-28
Use props
j437a
lvl.1

United States

When looking for the receiver for a 2.4 transmitter it was on eBay but I see its not there anymore.

R/
John
2020-12-28
Use props
j437a
lvl.1

United States

Do you recommend changing out the receiver to see if that will make everything function?

R/
John
2020-12-28
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Are you sure you have a straight Phantom 2?  

It sounds like you haven't read the manual.  Have you read the manual?  
2020-12-28
Use props
j437a
lvl.1

United States

I don't have the manual anymore, but the model number on the unit is P330D V1.1.1 . I assumed looking on the web its a phantom 2 which I could be wrong. It say the DJ6 can work with a phantom 1 or 2 because of the binding light going out once I switch the unit on. If I have the wrong transmitter for the unit please let me know.

R/
John
2020-12-28
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

The manual is found online but it sounds to me like reading it wouldn't help much because I suspect the drone you have is the original Phantom, sometimes called a Phantom 1.   It's easy to tell the difference because the original Phantom does not use an Intelligent Battery.  Its battery bay is much smaller.  A DJ6 controller is for a straight Phantom 2.  I believe a Phantom 1 controller is called an SR6.  You say you believe a DJ6 made for the straight Phantom 2 will work for a Phantom 1.  I don't know.  But as of now, I don't know what you have - a P1 or a P2?  And apparently you don't either.  If a DJ6 does work for a P1, and you actually have a P1, are you sure you are performing the linking procedure correctly?  If you don't have the manual, I suspect you have forgotten or never knew how to perform the linking procedure.  

Moving forward, may I suggest you diagnose what drone you actually own?

Next, I suggest you read the manual for whatever drone you own at least twice.  It will save you a lot of time in the long run and it will likely keep you from crashing or losing your drone once you get it airborne.

https://www.dji.com/products/all ... ge#phantom-4-series
2020-12-29
Use props
j437a
lvl.1

United States

Thank you for all of the information and the link to the drone manuals. I will go through them thoroughly making sure I'm doing the right procedure on binding my transmitter. I will keep you posted.

R/
John
2020-12-29
Use props
j437a
lvl.1

United States

Okay I have gone through the advance manual calibrating the transmitter and using the information to link both the receiver and transmitter. The light is red in the battery bay but once I click the binding button it only flash three times and return to a solid red light. Could the receiver be bad? In the manual it state that the unit will bind only when the light is flashing. So I'm lost on why it only flash three times and return to a solid light.

R/
John
2020-12-29
Use props
j437a
lvl.1

United States

Looking through the web I found out that the phantom 1 earlier models has a PPM receiver and newer models of the phantom 1 have the reset button in the battery bay has a D-bus receiver. Once I changed the receiver to D-bus using the DJ6 transmitter everything started working. Link below:
https://photographybay.com/2015/04/10/fixing-the-dji-phantoms-failure-to-connect-to-transmitter-problem/

R/
John
2020-12-29
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Well done.
2020-12-29
Use props
Advanced