Use Smart Controller with Simulator Macbook Pro
1646 4 2020-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tim Gn
lvl.2
United States

How do I hook up my smart controller to my MacBook pro to use it as a controller for drone simulator.  The Macbook pro has USB C just like the smart controller but I am not sure that is the right port.

I have every cable you can imagine but cannot figure this out.

thanks
tim
2020-12-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Tim Gn. Thanks for reaching out! If you're referring to the DJI Flight Simulator, we're sorry to inform you that the installation package is only available for Windows as of the time being and there's no confirmation yet of adding a Mac version currently.
2020-12-27
Use props
MattCaz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251358 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-27 00:33
Hi, Tim Gn. Thanks for reaching out! If you're referring to the DJI Flight Simulator, we're sorry to inform you that the installation package is only available for Windows as of the time being and there's no confirmation yet of adding a Mac version currently.

Well that sucks! Guess I'll fire up parallels and try it in windows 10 on my mac.

thanks for the info
2020-12-27
Use props
Tim Gn
lvl.2
United States

Matt I have never ran windows on my Mac and not sure I want to dive in to the "how to do this".....lol........Gamora, I was talking about any of the other simulators that do work on Mac, I'm quite surprised there is not a mac version, but I guess really not since it appears DJI wants to charge for their sim.  I am finding it incredulous how a company supposed to be so mature in the drone industry is so lacking in capabilities and updated documentation.  To me, it would seem they could provide details on how to connect your SC to a PC or a Mac even though they don't have a sim on Mac.  This is a pretty expensive machine to be a beta tester on.....  I still have 20 days to send this 2.5 grand worth of equipment back, on first glance I love it but I'm finding it hard to justify keeping it the more I find out about the limitations.

tim
2020-12-27
Use props
djiuser_r7hsLG9UA34K
New

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2020-12-27 00:33
Hi, Tim Gn. Thanks for reaching out! If you're referring to the DJI Flight Simulator, we're sorry to inform you that the installation package is only available for Windows as of the time being and there's no confirmation yet of adding a Mac version currently.

REALLY....Cmon DJI...You've been posting this message for over TWO YEARS now!!!  

Windows Only.  

No way there is not a HUGE number of us out here with DJI products and loyalty and working on Mac platforms.  If you can come out with new great products every 20 minutes, surely you can find someone to port the simulator from windows to Mac.  
2021-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules