Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji mini 2 crash and dJI refresh experience
629 13 2020-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DukeofDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8906991 ft
United Kingdom

As you know I crashed my mini after couple of weeks.
Thankfully the refresh saved the day
Special mention to Susan @dji for all the support
I am back in the air but this is how it happened and the refresh experience from UK

2020-12-26
Use props
Cients
First Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

Good to know that DJI was so efficient once again!
2020-12-26
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Glad you're back flying your toy. Mayor part of your appreciation, however, should be addressed to the army of other, more matured purchasers of this insurance. They paid for the expenses of your reckless flying. That's how every insurance works. Have a Happy New Year ...
2020-12-26
Use props
JohnLietzke
Captain
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I want to tell you it was a really stupid thing and the crash was completely avoidable.  But I have done many stupid things flying and just been lucky.
2020-12-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, thanks for sharing your experience, glad to know everything went smoothly and we much appreciate your kind words about our customer service, which gave us motivation and confidence to keep moving, please feel free to let us know if you have any concern, we are always here to help.
2020-12-26
Use props
DukeofDrones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 12-26 15:20
Glad you're back flying your toy. Mayor part of your appreciation, however, should be addressed to the army of other, more matured purchasers of this insurance. They paid for the expenses of your reckless flying. That's how every insurance works. Have a Happy New Year ...

You clearly have no idea how the refresh pricing works.

I didnt expected or wanted it to crash but it happened. When the DJI refresh is priced it is priced with this in mind. (accidents and crashes)

I work in finance myself so know a thing or 2 about risk pricing
2020-12-27
Use props
Bigplumbs
Captain
Flight distance : 612448 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DukeofDrones Posted at 12-27 01:11

I didnt expected or wanted it to crash but it happened. When the DJI refresh is priced it is priced with this in mind. (accidents and crashes)

You seem to be suggesting that you know quite a lot and are not a stupid person. Yet you just published a video of you doing a very stupid thing..... What are we supposed to think. And of course any sort of insurance becomes more expensive the more stupid people are. That is just common sense
2020-12-27
Use props
DukeofDrones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-27 01:54
You seem to be suggesting that you know quite a lot and are not a stupid person. Yet you just published a video of you doing a very stupid thing..... What are we supposed to think. And of course any sort of insurance becomes more expensive the more stupid people are. That is just common sense
Mistakes are not always made by stupid people. Sometimes those who know or should know better also make mistakes.

Ever crashed a car? Ever had a fall? Ever missed an appointment?

The point I was referring to was about "insurance pricing" and not my drone flying skills. Don't conflate the two.

This is my first drone.. Crash materialized due to me making the assumption that drone will fly at the same altitude but sadly in last 2 or 3 seconds that premise didn't hold true. ( may be wind could be a factor)

I have now taken that into consideration and have learned a lesson.

No one goes through life without making mistakes and that's exactly what the insurance/ refresh is for. I am Paying for that facility so I am not sure yo
ur point holds and validity.
2020-12-27
Use props
Robert20
Second Officer
Flight distance : 976798 ft
Netherlands

DukeofDrones Posted at 12-27 01:11

It's just not as free as you think. First damage replacement cost € 49 (or equivalent) under DJI Care.
2020-12-27
Use props
jjt2388
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing your Refresh experience - you may wish to delete that video though as you have login and password information as well as your address in the video!
2020-12-27
Use props
DukeofDrones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

jjt2388 Posted at 12-27 04:33
Thanks for sharing your Refresh experience - you may wish to delete that video though as you have login and password information as well as your address in the video!

Good point.

I have made it private. Will edit the address part and then will re upload.

Thanks for letting me know
2020-12-27
Use props
Bigplumbs
Captain
Flight distance : 612448 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DukeofDrones Posted at 12-27 06:27
Good point.

I have made it private. Will edit the address part and then will re upload.

No not all mistakes made by Stupid People.... why did you leave your login and Address on the video
2020-12-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2414967 ft
Netherlands

Good to hear.
Can't watch the video though.
2020-12-27
Use props
jonny007
Captain
Germany

95% of all crashes are due to a pilot's mistake, what else? See also 1000nds of "Drone Crash Video" on YT. The remaining 5% are e.g. hardware errors (engine failure, compass error) or collisions with birds.
2020-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules