1752 5 2020-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hendr1k
lvl.1
Flight distance : 370971 ft
Germany

Hello there,

I set my Ronin RS2 Combo Package up with my Olympus OMD 1 Mark II.

Raveneye HDMI to Olympus HDMI
Olympus USB C to RS2 USB C port (Cam Icon/RSS)

If I start my Camera, the Picture will transfer over the Raveneye to my smartphone.
If I start the RS2 the picture on my Smartphone will go black.

If I remove the Cam to RS2 USB C Cable - The picture comes back an funktions like activetrack are working. But I can't
control the camera over the RS2 gimbal anymore.

Is there anybody who can help me with that? It's kinda strange because all functions seem to work except the picture transfer
if pluged in. Also the RS2 says - RavenEye not connected with gimbal or camera HDMI port - whats definetly not true...

Best regards...
2020-12-26
Use props
fans496b47f6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1452661 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I have exactly the same problem, did you ever get a fix to this, I have contacted DJI but all I'm getting is nothing
2021-3-17
Use props
Hendr1k
lvl.1
Flight distance : 370971 ft
Germany

Well, no. DJI doesn´t seems to care about user questions here. Products are great but the customer-service seems to be non existent. I bought the Ronin RS2 Combo because the Ronin RS2 works with my Olympus. The thing is that Olympus isn't on the compatibility list of the raveneye. So i guess if they don't fix it in a firmware update there will be coming nothing.

For me it's one of the reasons that Iam going to switch to another camera-brand soon. Its a shame - i worked with my Olympus gear many years but Olympus cameras are not very well supported by third party product brands and that comes now to the point where I have enough of the incompatibility.
2021-3-19
Use props
vdubtravels
lvl.2
  • >>>
Thailand

Hendr1k Posted at 3-19 02:04
Well, no. DJI doesn´t seems to care about user questions here. Products are great but the customer-service seems to be non existent. I bought the Ronin RS2 Combo because the Ronin RS2 works with my Olympus. The thing is that Olympus isn't on the compatibility list of the raveneye. So i guess if they don't fix it in a firmware update there will be coming nothing.

For me it's one of the reasons that Iam going to switch to another camera-brand soon. Its a shame - i worked with my Olympus gear many years but Olympus cameras are not very well supported by third party product brands and that comes now to the point where I have enough of the incompatibility.

this is the official reply from DJI

"According to the compatibility requirements, when the shutter control cable is connected, the camera HDMI will no longer output,
So the RavenEye image transmission is normal when the RS 2 is not turned on, but the RavenEye image transmission is not consistent after turning on the RS2.
Therefore, this situation is normal, and the RavenEye image transmission and shutter control cannot be used at the same time."

The expression "but the RavenEye image transmission is not consistent " should not be construed, its not "not consistent" it just doesn't work.

disappointing
2021-3-24
Use props
KabeM
lvl.2
Germany

I have some limited success using the Fuji cable to control an OM-D M1.3 and OM-D M1X. However, I have connected it to the RS-2, not to the Raveneye. It's still found on the Ronin App, also in the Raveneye view.

Of course that is quite limited, and control is still so bad that I'm thinking of using a separate remote.
2021-3-25
Use props
vdubtravels
lvl.2
  • >>>
Thailand

KabeM Posted at 3-25 05:30
I have some limited success using the Fuji cable to control an OM-D M1.3 and OM-D M1X. However, I have connected it to the RS-2, not to the Raveneye. It's still found on the Ronin App, also in the Raveneye view.

Of course that is quite limited, and control is still so bad that I'm thinking of using a separate remote.

DJI just got back to me and they have updated the specs sheets for the set up

3. HDMI cannot be used after connecting the (1) cable, the RavenEye cannot be used at this time
2021-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules