Drone crash, Multi failure status, no gimbal control
436 2 2020-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UltmtKaos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24829 ft
United States

Might as well sit back, this is going to be a long one. (Giggety) so firstly love the drone, can’t quite put my finger on the pulse of the issue (as I’m a new drone pilot.. but with a warrior mentality). First month I was super impressed with DJI Mavic Pro 2, so much so I bought one for my son (wouldn’t give mine up). One day.. out of nowhere clear view of sky, no obstructions, no wire, metal.. I was actually just about to fly out over the lake for pictures.?got about 50 ft away.. 100 ft up.. and everything started singing. It basically said loss of signal would you like to RTH.. so I clicked yes. It didn’t do anything just say hovering. So I play it safe, rotate 180, was going to fly over me and straight down. As soon as I touched stick to forward.. it’ spiraled straight into the ground and crashed on its right side. Picked it up and packed up to go home. On the controller was the multi sensor error status (pretty much everything faulted).  Front right leg (antenna) was broken, and what I didn’t know at the time.. so was the joint hinge. Software was up to date. Flew perfectly any other day. Wasn’t dropped, mishandled, dressed as little bo peep.. nothing. But the crash happened. My fault? Doubtful. While I’m a new drone owner I understand the fundamentals of flight and have dabbled in helicopters since I was wee lad. I’m no spring chicken.. and I’m not Irish. But the drone took a hit. After trying all the helpful suggestions.. nothjng worked. Couldn’t calibrate compass, IMU, nothing it stayed in perpetual all fault looks pretty paper weight status. I’m not bitter, I actually enjoyed the month of flight time. So I just bout another. The Zoom.. (cough-and the mini) we can discuss finances later. Again.. tested, calibrated.. I was a little shy, and I refuse to fly over water. Everything was great. Until I read “look how easy it is to swap cameras from zoom to hasselhoff (or whatever). So I tried.. worked with a swap, no updates needed, easy peasy.. said the other guy. Mi hasselpoop was dead in the water. But putting out a brilliant picture.no controls, no icon to calibrate, nada. Then all of a sudden everything went red.. full, sensor multi error y’all. I mean am I just that lucky.. no no.. so I swapped back to the zoom. No errors. Hm.. now why is a camera causing all that? I checked the connection,  I checked the back door.. nothing I could see. Figured I was going to have to buy a new hustledork cam. But I not a quitter.. lol ok..

I can’t keep telling it like that. I’m adventurous. You know the problems, I wanted a solution. You guys may or may bot know, the culprit was the little connection under the hood of the gimbal control board. Gave me power to gimbal back, icon reappeared, multi error sensor fault all green
79504955-80C2-4256-8605-44FF67D5E80F.jpeg
447312D8-5FBA-49A5-B6D4-4E234822C8AC.jpeg
579EF92A-298B-4069-9801-F787A1975755.jpeg
2020-12-26
Use props
UltmtKaos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24829 ft
United States

In case my jokes made it hard to follow. My first drone crashed , had the Hansel and Greta camera.!Did not know  what to do to get it fixed so bought a second. Non issues with that until I swapped camera from the first on to it. It’s a great drone that’s easy to fly. You’re gonna have issues, but that’s anything tech these days. It’s a great drone. Learn it’s parts, learn how it works besides power in and flight. Some guys on here are insane expert with them. Hats off to ya. Maybe I taught someone something, or at least came up with something no one else thought up.

Can I get a golf clap! *dances out door celebrataing*
2020-12-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So is it easy to swap the camera or is there a trick here,  Im not quite following.
2021-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules