9705 17 2020-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
radovsky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14160 ft
Indonesia

Hi,

As the title suggests, I can't update my DJI Mini 2 to the newest version (v01.01.0700)

When updating the firmware, the RC and app just disconnects to the drone at around 47% installation, then the "Aircraft connection required" popup appeared, halting the installation process. It then reconnects after a few seconds in which if I try again it will repeat the same process. The drone will be stuck in the "updating" status and I need to restart the drone to go back to normal, in which the same error process happens if I tried to update again.

• Device: iPhone 12 Pro Max
  • DJI Fly App iOS: v1.2.2(411)
  • Remote Controller firmware: v02.00.1101
  • Initial drone firmware: v01.01.0000 (I have updated it once successfully when I bought the Mini 2 which is about 2 weeks after release)

I have tried to use the Assistant app from the PC however DJI Mini 2 can't do firmware update through the app as of now.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

IMG_8664.PNG
2020-12-27
Use props
radovsky
lvl.1
Indonesia

Update:

I had a hunch and tried updating using my old iPhone X, and it instantly worked! Thankfully I still have the old phone with me...

So maybe the DJI Fly app or the latest RC firmware isn’t fully compatible with the new iPhones yet? I haven’t tried flying it yet, I will try tomorrow and check if it’s compatible for flying.

I hope DJI can quickly roll out updates for the new iPhones.
2020-12-27
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

radovsky Posted at 12-27 04:02
Update:

I had a hunch and tried updating using my old iPhone X, and it instantly worked! Thankfully I still have the old phone with me...

Check on recomended devices on the Fly app website
https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads

I would think newer devices are supported, but I don't see a IPhone12 amoungst the recomended devices. You couldbe right that it isn't 100% compatible.
2020-12-27
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am glad you got it all sorted. I am using an Iphone 6s Plus so when you said your Iphone X was old I had to smile
2020-12-27
Use props
radovsky
lvl.1
Indonesia

JohnDG Posted at 12-27 04:13
Check on recomended devices on the Fly app website
https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads

Yes it may be, I hope it won't be troublesome when actually flying the drone. I will try to fly tomorrow to check.

The DJI Assistant 2 also still doesn't support DJI Mini 2 firmware update which makes a lot of dependency on the mobile app, I hope it can be added soon.
2020-12-27
Use props
radovsky
lvl.1
Indonesia

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-27 04:13
I am glad you got it all sorted. I am using an Iphone 6s Plus so when you said your Iphone X was old I had to smile

Sorry about that I said it as an 'old' device to show why I didn't try using it in the first place!
2020-12-27
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

radovsky Posted at 12-27 04:19
Yes it may be, I hope it won't be troublesome when actually flying the drone. I will try to fly tomorrow to check.

The DJI Assistant 2 also still doesn't support DJI Mini 2 firmware update which makes a lot of dependency on the mobile app, I hope it can be added soon.

I hope that too. I rather thrust a cable and a fixed pc to upgrade firmware in general, not only DJI products.

Succes with your test flight.  Try al functionality first nearby, so in case of problems you can land and collect the drone from it's location.
2020-12-27
Use props
radovsky
lvl.1
Indonesia

JohnDG Posted at 12-27 04:24
I hope that too. I rather thrust a cable and a fixed pc to upgrade firmware in general, not only DJI products.

Succes with your test flight.  Try al functionality first nearby, so in case of problems you can land and collect the drone from it's location.

Yes I as well.

Thanks! Will do, and will update tomorrow.

Cheers.
2020-12-27
Use props
radovsky
lvl.1
Indonesia

JohnDG Posted at 12-27 04:24
I hope that too. I rather thrust a cable and a fixed pc to upgrade firmware in general, not only DJI products.

Hi,

So I’ve tried flying the drone for around 30 mins and all funcionality seems to be working as usual, including the recording and cache on the app.

I think the app just needs a minor fix for the firmware update.

Cheers.
2020-12-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there radovsky. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the said mobile device ( iPhone 12 Pro Max ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPhone 12 Pro Max will be able to work on the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mini 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mini 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads ). Thank you.
2020-12-27
Use props
radovsky
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-27 22:25
Hello there radovsky. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the said mobile device ( iPhone 12 Pro Max ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPhone 12 Pro Max will be able to work on the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mini 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mini 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads ). Thank you.

Hi,

Yes I’ve resolved it as I updated in my other replies.

Cheers.
2020-12-27
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

radovsky Posted at 12-27 22:36
Hi,

You will find that the DJI Mods seldom actually read threads they simply post standard text which generally just winds people up. You tend to get better help from normal posters.

For me the best thing to do with your drone is use an old Iphone as a bespoke 'screen' for your drone. This has many advantages the main one being that your main Phone does not get filled up. Just keep it switched off in your drone case/bag. If you want a sim in it just buy a cheap Pay as you go or just use its Wifi and Air drop to transfere any files you want.
I do most of my video editing in the Fly App on my 6S Plus. then upload to You Tube directly from the phone. I generally film everything in 1080p to keep file size small. On my 55 Inch TV I feel 1080p looks just fine for me

My Prefered 'screen' is a 128gb 6s Plus. Good physical size, well supported and plenty of Processing power and available quite cheap on Ebay.
2020-12-28
Use props
djiuser_6hEzLXbRgP4E
lvl.1
Flight distance : 113012 ft
Australia

I am having the same issue.

I also have an "incompatible firmware error 30224" on my Mini 2, hence the need to update the firmware.  The drone can't be flown at the moment. DJI provided me with a beta firmware update for the Mini 2 to fix the incompatible firmware issue but I can't seem to update my Mini 2.  Every-time I update, it will get stuck at 47% and the drone will disconnect from the RC and the firmware update will fail.   Every now and then (1 out of 20 times), it will get up to 70% but then fails at 70% and again the drone disconnects from the RC and the update installation fails.  The DJI saying it needs to connect to the aircraft.  

I've updated the fly app on the mobile (Samsung S10+), swapped different batteries, formatted the SD on the drone, tried the dji assistant 2 (can't connect to drone) but still no working.  Unfortunately, I don't have another device to use to try to update it.

Any suggestions anyone?
2021-1-23
Use props
djiuser_6hEzLXbRgP4E
lvl.1
Australia

I also have an "incompatible firmware error 30224" on my Mini 2, hence the need to update the firmware.  The drone can't be flown at the moment. DJI provided me with a beta firmware update for the Mini 2 to fix the incompatible firmware issue but I can't seem to update my Mini 2.  Every-time I update, it will get stuck at 47% and the drone will disconnect from the RC and the firmware update will fail.   Every now and then (1 out of 20 times), it will get up to 70% but then fails at 70% and again the drone disconnects from the RC and the update installation fails.  The DJI saying it needs to connect to the aircraft.  

I've updated the fly app on the mobile (Samsung S10+), swapped different batteries, formatted the SD on the drone, tried the dji assistant 2 (can't connect to drone) but still no working.  Unfortunately, I don't have another device to use to try to update it.

Any suggestions anyone?
2021-1-23
Use props
jasks
lvl.1
Australia

djiuser_6hEzLXbRgP4E Posted at 1-23 13:04

I just tried to update the firmware with my friends phone. Samsung Note 10 but still the same experience and issue. Help.......
2021-1-23
Use props
jasks
lvl.1
Australia

jasks Posted at 1-23 15:45
I just tried to update the firmware with my friends phone. Samsung Note 10 but still the same experience and issue.  Help.......

After trying different things for the whole day, I've managed to finally update the firmware of the Mini 2 to the beta 01.02.0200.

I re-paired/re-link the drone with the RC and then it managed to complete the firmware update.
2021-1-23
Use props
djiuser_R5wBUbZ9szgy
New

United States

Boy, just bought mine used and something is telling me that the guy sold it for this reason. I have a cheap AT&T Motive Max so I'll probably never get it to work. DAMNIT I should have known something was up!
2023-1-5
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

radovsky Posted at 2020-12-27 22:36
Hi,

The DJI admins never read but the first post. Then they post a standard reply and case solved!
2023-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules