Atti Mode triggered when showing 24 sats with Fly 1.2.2
2270 36 2020-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Today while using Fly 1.2.2 iOS I went to test RTH as I was intending to fly with the wind, when I initiated RTH even tho I had 24 - 25 satellites locked the Mini 2 advised Atti Mode! I tried this twice and on both occasions Atti Mode was advised (not sure if it actually went into Atti Mode because the AC seems stable).  Anybody else witness this bug?
2020-12-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I tried this twice and on both occasions Atti Mode was advised (not sure if it actually went into Atti Mode because the AC seems stable).
Post your recorded flight data.
It will give a better idea of what actually happened.

Go to: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
... where you'll find instructions.
That will give a report you can post a link for the report here.
Or just post the .txt file.
2020-12-27
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Now that is interesting and most odd.... Another reason to wait a while until People update
2020-12-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-27 07:15
Now that is interesting and most odd.... Another reason to wait a while until People update

Until the OP posts flight data no-one has any idea what the issue is caused by.
It's very unlikely to have anything to do with a firmware update.
2020-12-27
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 12-27 13:56
Until the OP posts flight data no-one has any idea what the issue is caused by.
It's very unlikely to have anything to do with a firmware update.

So no info until flight data but you still gave your opinion.

The fact is that quite often when DJI push out any sort of update it messes up something else.

You my man are I think a little obsessed with flight data logs
2020-12-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-28 00:24

The fact is that quite often when DJI push out any sort of update it messes up something else.

I gave my opinion that it's unlikely to have anything to do with firmware because I understand what firmware does (and cannot do).
Unlike you I have a great deal of experience with DJI drones.

The fact is that people like you tend to blame all kinds of things on firmware updates without any proof.

You my man are I think a little obsessed with flight data logs.

You say that like there's something wrong with it.
Recorded flight data tells the truth of what actually happened rather than extremely unreliable guesses.
When you lose your drone or can't understand what happened to it, do you want to rely on uninformed guesses or someone that can tell exactly what happened?
And I'm definitely not your man.

2020-12-28
Use props
djiuser_529yVopL51oN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11362 ft
United States

I also had this happen to me twice yesterday when taking off. Not sure if it is a bug, but took it at face value the message was legitimate. I did recently update to 1.2.2 also. I had not seen the message before.
2020-12-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_529yVopL51oN Posted at 12-28 04:05
I also had this happen to me twice yesterday when taking off. Not sure if it is a bug, but took it at face value the message was legitimate. I did recently update to 1.2.2 also. I had not seen the message before.

If you want to get some insight into what actually happened, post #2 tells what to do.
2020-12-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I'm curious about this if this has anything to do with the update.
Since DJI stated that that they improved the connection.
2020-12-28
Use props
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 12-28 05:13
If you want to get some insight into what actually happened, post #2 tells what to do.

Hi Labroides, I’ll upload the data later today as I’ll be very interested in your analysis, thank you.  However  I performed a IMU calibration last night and this morning before I flew I receive a AC FW update 1.02, which I updated... I didn’t get any Atti Mode warnings
2020-12-28
Use props
jonny007
lvl.4
Germany

Montfrooij Posted at 12-28 06:37
I'm curious about this if this has anything to do with the update.
Since DJI stated that that they improved the connection.

It's the same as with any software ... sometimes existing bugs are fixed, but others are added, even if they are not directly related to the bug that has been fixed.
2020-12-28
Use props
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Never done this before so hope it right.  https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/H5U1EY2NCHORCONDYDB5
2020-12-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

jonny007 Posted at 12-28 07:16
It's the same as with any software ... sometimes existing bugs are fixed, but others are added, even if they are not directly related to the bug that has been fixed.

I'm sure DJI will fix it (if it is firmware related of course)
2020-12-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Sorry but that file is garbled junk.
Either the file is scrambled or you've used the wrong one.
Could you post just the .txt file ?

2020-12-28
Use props
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 12-28 13:24
Sorry but that file is garbled junk.
Either the file is scrambled or you've used the wrong one.
Could you post just the .txt file ?

I’ve repeated the process and I can’t view any sensible data, are you able to work with airdata? Thanks

https://app.airdata.com/share/VFZupK
2020-12-28
Use props
jonny007
lvl.4
Germany

Sometimes the txt file is in a zip, which can be downloaded with "Download Flight Log".
2020-12-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

TDZHDTV Posted at 12-28 14:14
I’ve repeated the process and I can’t view any sensible data, are you able to work with airdata? Thanks

There's something quite odd with that flight data.
Airdata reads it but Phantomhelp won't.
are you able to work with airdata?
Nowhere near as easily ... I'll have a go at it when I get home in a few hours
2020-12-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

TDZHDTV Posted at 12-28 14:14

Your drone never lost GPS.
It looks like your issue was a small yaw error which caused a conflict between the data from GPS and the gyro sensor in the IMU.
In those situations, the Flight Controller stops using the GPS data.
The yaw error started when the drone turned to RTH.

You were lucky it was a small yaw error, larger errors usually end badly.
The incident was completely unrelated to any firmware.
Yaw errors are most commonly caused by launching close to something made of steel which deflects the compass sensor, causing the IMU Gyro to be initialised wrongly.
2020-12-28
Use props
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 12-28 21:35
Your drone never lost GPS.
It looks like your issue was a small yaw error which caused a conflict between the data from GPS and the gyro sensor in the IMU.
In those situations, the Flight Controller stops using the GPS data.

Many thanks for the analysis, I always hand launch and then check the drone orientation on the map when prompted that the home point has been updated.  Is it fair to say the IMU calibration I performed cleared the issue prior to the firmware update and subsequent trouble free flight (I'd had this Atti Mode issue at two separate flight locations)? Cheers
2020-12-28
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The best advice I can give for the future is never be one of the first to update things if your kit what ever it is is working OK. Updating in these circumstances usually ends badly
2020-12-28
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Labroides Posted at 12-28 16:22
There's something quite odd with that flight data.
Airdata reads it but Phantomhelp won't.
are you able to work with airdata?

FlyApp 1.2.2 flightlogs have a different encryption, cannot be converted using PH or the TxtToCSV tool.

Airdata shows only limited data fields....guess DJI didn't like people to analyze (better)....  ;-)

cheers
JJB
2020-12-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-28 23:28
The best advice I can give for the future is never be one of the first to update things if your kit what ever it is is working OK. Updating in these circumstances usually ends badly

Updating in these circumstances usually ends badly.
Usually ??
So the first people to update usually end up in trouble??
Thanks for the "advice" but it's quite uncommon for any update to cause problems.
The early adopters rarely suffer any ill effects.
2020-12-29
Use props
Mini2 Flyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4347785 ft
Australia

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-28 23:28
The best advice I can give for the future is never be one of the first to update things if your kit what ever it is is working OK. Updating in these circumstances usually ends badly

Are you always this neurotic in life in general? Talk about jumping at shadows lol
2020-12-29
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mini2 Flyr Posted at 12-29 04:48
Are you always this neurotic in life in general? Talk about jumping at shadows lol

As I said in the Other post Go boil yer hed
2020-12-29
Use props
fans5fa1230e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1486768 ft
United States

I am also having an issue after updating to the latest Aircraft firmware 01.02.0100. I'm running RC firmware 02.00.1200 and iOS app v 1.2.2. I live in the Southwestern United States with perfectly clear skies, but lately I keep getting the ATTI mode alert and a loss of GPS signal despite seeing up to 21 satellites. I cannot not hover to save my life but RTH does continue to work. ATTI mode is automatically initiated when taking off or changing modes - even with a good RC connection and numerous satellites. I see from many the other posts on the DJI Forum, that I'm not alone in this situation. Hoping for a solution.
2021-1-24
Use props
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fans5fa1230e Posted at 1-24 11:18
I am also having an issue after updating to the latest Aircraft firmware 01.02.0100. I'm running RC firmware 02.00.1200 and iOS app v 1.2.2. I live in the Southwestern United States with perfectly clear skies, but lately I keep getting the ATTI mode alert and a loss of GPS signal despite seeing up to 21 satellites. I cannot not hover to save my life but RTH does continue to work. ATTI mode is automatically initiated when taking off or changing modes - even with a good RC connection and numerous satellites. I see from many the other posts on the DJI Forum, that I'm not alone in this situation. Hoping for a solution.

There are many reports on Mavic Pilots also, yet DJI remain silent on these posts and do not even acknowledge individuals are having issues, or even offer to pass information onto the technical departments.  Very poor response.
2021-1-24
Use props
Spurrs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118474 ft
United States

Getting atti mode notifications and not just during RTH.  This on was on RTH with 23 sats good signal between devices.  Haven't had the MM2 for a week yet, so I don't have any experience other than the latest software update.

2021-1-29
Use props
Spurrs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118474 ft
United States

2021-1-29
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

Looks like your Mini 2 def has some issue. I have never seen that error on mine so you might want to contact DJI support to send in for analysis.
2021-1-29
Use props
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Over on Mavic Pilots there are a lot of Mini 2 reports of false Atti Mode warnings, waiting to see if the latest update on iOS fixes issue
2021-1-29
Use props
AussieDronePilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1942792 ft
Australia

Have had the “Weak GPS” error as well, when there were clearly enough GPS satellites. Happened on two separate flights (but in the same location). So far it hasn’t happened since.
0C99D225-E811-4B7F-B4C6-0A3AB16F74B9.jpeg
0F480C19-D2E2-4527-B242-4686F7B2ADE6.jpeg
54E55D4C-5346-4223-8CE8-A1B01B3E4198.jpeg
2DA989AB-F666-43B2-98AC-8D1B2B516358.jpeg
EF157183-4993-4732-9721-6FBCFF35DA4E.jpeg
C10E02BC-40BD-4DD7-B4EF-E64DB002616A.jpeg
2021-1-29
Use props
Docdonk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1112 ft
United States

I'm experiencing a similar problem. I just got a brand new Mini 2 and took it on its first flight yesterday after updating the firmware and installing the most recent version of DJI Fly. I received multiple "Switching to Atti" messages during the flight, even when it was connected to 22 satellites, and could not get it to RTH. I'm hoping someone (Labroides?) can figure out what's happening. I don't want to fly a droid with unreliable RTH!

The flight record is at app.airdata.com/share/DqiiyQ
2021-2-4
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

Docdonk Posted at 2-4 10:34
I'm experiencing a similar problem. I just got a brand new Mini 2 and took it on its first flight yesterday after updating the firmware and installing the most recent version of DJI Fly. I received multiple "Switching to Atti" messages during the flight, even when it was connected to 22 satellites, and could not get it to RTH. I'm hoping someone (Labroides?) can figure out what's happening. I don't want to fly a droid with unreliable RTH!

The flight record is at app.airdata.com/share/DqiiyQ

You are not on the latest Fly app. The log shows you are still on 1.2.2. You need to update to 1.2.4 to see if the Atti errors are resolved.
2021-2-4
Use props
Docdonk
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the tip! I'll try it out as soon as it stops raining, which may be a while since I live in the Pacific Northwest.
2021-2-4
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

Docdonk Posted at 2-4 16:56
Thanks for the tip! I'll try it out as soon as it stops raining, which may be a while since I live in the Pacific Northwest.

Good luck with it. Hope all is resolved for you.
2021-2-4
Use props
Docdonk
lvl.1
United States

I was able to fly again today. No atti warnings this time and 3 or 4 RTHs without any trouble. Compare that to 12 atti warnings and no successful RTHs during the previous flight under the same conditions and in the same area using DJI Fly 1.2.2. Looks like the 1.2.4 update most likely fixed the problem.
2021-2-7
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

Docdonk Posted at 2-7 12:57
I was able to fly again today. No atti warnings this time and 3 or 4 RTHs without any trouble. Compare that to 12 atti warnings and no successful RTHs during the previous flight under the same conditions and in the same area using DJI Fly 1.2.2. Looks like the 1.2.4 update most likely fixed the problem.

Excellent news!
2021-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules