IMU and Compass are not calibrated
590 6 2020-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Edgardo-TDF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 126027 ft
Argentina

Hello everyone, I just received my MINI2, after the updates that requested, aircraft, and controller, I start calibrations and have some problems: the system asked to calibrate IMU and Compass, it did the calibrations, the process ends well with OK final, but it never goes to "normal", it keeps asking  calibrate .... I did the operation with the same result ... the programmable button (left) does not work for me either. I  did a little flight test in my yard, and it seemed normal.  
Any ideas or recommendations of what is happening?
I will be able to fly safely, having the message to calibrate IMU and Compass.  sorry for my english, and thanks in advance
Edgardo

2020-12-27
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

It is not recommended to fly with an uncalibrated IMU and compass. The drone can be quite unstable and it can be the cause of fly-of's.

Did you follow exactly the described procedures?
Did you do the calibrations away from electrical and magnetic disturbances, such has large metal objects, WiFi and other electrical equipment, electrical motors. etc ?

If so, you better contact your supplier or DJI support for replacement of your new drone.
2020-12-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Edgardo. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to calibrate the said DJI drone once again and just a reminder do not calibrate the compass of the said DJI drone in locations where magnetic interference may occur such as close to magnetite deposits and large metallic structures such as parking structures, steel reinforced basements, bridges, cars, or scaffolding. Do not carry objects that contains ferromagnetic materials such as mobile devices near the drone during calibration. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-12-27
Use props
Edgardo-TDF
lvl.2
Argentina

Thanks for your answers, yesterday I did the procedure again, changing places, away from "everything" ... and it worked OK! I did a long flight and everything was fine!
The programmable button still does not work.
slds, Edgardo
2020-12-28
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Edgardo-TDF Posted at 12-28 01:26
Thanks for your answers, yesterday I did the procedure again, changing places, away from "everything" ... and it worked OK! I did a long flight and everything was fine!
The programmable button still does not work.
slds, Edgardo
what do you mean with "does not work"? Doesn't do anything when pressed? Only 1 function available to program?
2020-12-28
Use props
Edgardo-TDF
lvl.2
Argentina

Thank you all for your answers ... JhonDG, I appreciate your communication, it did not work! After the last update they already work ... I have MA2 I know how it works and the left button is programmed.
Luckily everything works fine now ... to fly (safe)
Thank you all!  Edgardo
2020-12-31
Use props
djiuser_LSA2v8XVnCFw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

We’re you wearing a watch or perhaps metal jewelry? Both can effect compass ...Plus never ever fly with either of these issues not being solved
2020-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules