It was time to say good bye to 2nd drone
1209 3 2020-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
o_laparoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 753340 ft
Portugal

Just before this Holiday Season I sold my first generation Mavic Air. It was my second drone from DJI, after I had the Spark.

And just like when I sold the Spark, it was a bittersweet goodbye. Many pictures and videos were taken and I had a lot of fun flying it, but this year I had rarely used it at all. Not being able to travel limited my will to fly the drone since I have already flown it around my city many times and could not remember any new places to visit nearby.

I'll wait for the pandemic to be over and the travel restrictions to be lifted before I buy a new drone. I think I'll even wait to plan the first couple of trips before buying the drone.

As a hobbyist, it seems the DJI Mini 2 covers all my needs especially now with Occusync. I don't see myself splurging on the Mavic Air 2 as I do not need the extra FPS, obstacle sensors and the camera sensor difference is insignificant to edit some videos and photos for personal use.

Which drone would you buy as an amateur?

2020-12-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I wouldn't buy any drone at the moment because of the lack of the CE classification mark,  once thats available I may be tempted to upgrade.
2020-12-27
Use props
o_laparoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 753340 ft
Portugal

DAFlys Posted at 12-27 09:57
I wouldn't buy any drone at the moment because of the lack of the CE classification mark,  once thats available I may be tempted to upgrade.

That is a good tip DAFlys. I'll need to take that into consideration.

Thanks for contributing.
2020-12-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

o_laparoto Posted at 12-27 10:47
That is a good tip DAFlys. I'll need to take that into consideration.

Thanks for contributing.

You're very welcome.
2020-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules