DJI MINI 2 / Incompatible firmware version. (Code: 30224)
11595 22 2020-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Juliimonge
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13 ft
Costa Rica

I recently bought my DJI Mini 2, I haven't been able to fly it because this error won't allow me to take off. I have updated the firmware of the drone and the database. I have also cleared cache as a thread about this same problem told me to do so but it was for the DJI Mavic Mini. Can somebody please help? Thank you in advance.
2020-12-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there SeanGalbraith. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having this issue with your DJI Mavic 2 and you are having this error message ( 30224 ). Kindly please try to update the firmware batteries of your DJI Mini 2 for us to isolate the said issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-12-27
Use props
Juliimonge
lvl.1
Costa Rica

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-27 21:14
Hello there SeanGalbraith. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having this issue with your DJI Mavic 2 and you are having this error message ( 30224 ). Kindly please try to update the firmware batteries of your DJI Mini 2 for us to isolate the said issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Thank you for answering, I have tried connecting the drone to the DJI Assistant 2 on my computer and it won’t detect the drone, is there another way to update the firmware of the batteries?
2020-12-27
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Juliimonge Posted at 12-27 21:16
Thank you for answering, I have tried connecting the drone to the DJI Assistant 2 on my computer and it won’t detect the drone, is there another way to update the firmware of the batteries?

There is a different version of the Assistent available for the Mini2. The Assistent 2 for Mavic does not work with the Mini2.

Besides of that, the only function available on the Assistent is an export of the log, for the moment.
When you have updated the firmware of the drone, every time you put in a battery with a lower firmware, it will tell you on the screen. You will given the operunity to upgrade the battery.
2020-12-28
Use props
Juliimonge
lvl.1
Costa Rica

Hi JohnDG, in that case I have already tried different batteries and they all seem to be updated as there have been no pop-ups or updates when I refresh the firmware in the profile settings. Does anybody know what else could be causing this problem?
2020-12-28
Use props
wolframmitbach
lvl.3
Flight distance : 157379 ft
Austria

Any news related to this problem? Solution?
2021-1-14
Use props
HAVOC
lvl.1
United States

WTF IS GOING ON, DJI?!?!?!?! WHY HAVENT YOU FIXED THIS YET?!?!?? EVERYONE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM WITH NO SOLUTION. STOP APOLOGIZING AND GET IT TOGETHER!!! STARTING TO THINK THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM.
2021-2-11
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

Juliimonge Posted at 2020-12-28 07:55
Hi JohnDG, in that case I have already tried different batteries and they all seem to be updated as there have been no pop-ups or updates when I refresh the firmware in the profile settings. Does anybody know what else could be causing this problem?

Hi Juliimonge,

did you also update your controller using the Assistent ?

The MM2 can't be updated, unfortunatly, by the assistent program, but the controller can. Both, controller and drone, need to have a firmware that is compatible with each other.
2021-2-12
Use props
djiuser_LSA2v8XVnCFw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

Have you tried using all three batteries to see if one might trigger a update
2021-2-12
Use props
Juliimonge
lvl.1
Costa Rica

djiuser_LSA2v8XVnCFw Posted at 2-12 11:28
Have you tried using all three batteries to see if one might trigger a update

Yep, it still won't work.
2021-4-19
Use props
Juliimonge
lvl.1
Costa Rica

JohnDG Posted at 2-12 06:05
Hi Juliimonge,

did you also update your controller using the Assistent ?

I tried this as well JohnDG.
2021-4-19
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

Juliimonge Posted at 4-19 19:35
I tried this as well JohnDG.
still not solved, Juliimonge ???  It's since december last year it occured.

You better contact DJI to have it replaced.
2021-4-22
Use props
Juliimonge
lvl.1
Costa Rica

JohnDG Posted at 4-22 00:40
still not solved, Juliimonge ???  It's since december last year it occured.

You better contact DJI to have it replaced.

I live in Costa Rica and my warranty doesn't work here. I bought a new DJI Mini 2, I'm very annoyed with this issue and I'm disappointed with the fact that DJI never gave me a proper solution to this issue, I have used the drone again 3 days ago and it still shows the same error.
2021-4-25
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

Juliimonge Posted at 4-25 11:11
I live in Costa Rica and my warranty doesn't work here. I bought a new DJI Mini 2, I'm very annoyed with this issue and I'm disappointed with the fact that DJI never gave me a proper solution to this issue, I have used the drone again 3 days ago and it still shows the same error.

Hi Juliimonge,

I don't know if you have seen this thread by "crash1sttime", https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=241098

It might help you to install the latests firmware on your mini 2.
Don't forget to update all of your batteries. When you start the drone the display will tell you there's an inconsistence. Do you want to update --> Yes. Do this for every battery you own.

I hope you get your bird into the air at last.  Succes!
2021-4-25
Use props
djiuser_bp8V4iUyjtKL
New
Australia

I’m having  the same problem I’ve updated it and it says no updates available but the code 30224 is still popping up super frustrating
2021-5-1
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Malaysia

djiuser_bp8V4iUyjtKL Posted at 5-1 17:50
I’m having  the same problem I’ve updated it and it says no updates available but the code 30224 is still popping up super frustrating

did you install the latest Fly app from dji.com website ?  code 30224 is an incomptible firmware (as far as I know). There might be an imcompatibility with your Fly version.
https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads

Your app might be incompatible with your firmware version. Fly 1.4.0 is the latest version at the moment.

If you did and it didn't work, you might consider contacting DJI support.
2021-5-1
Use props
fansa9cfd51e
New

United Kingdom

What has happened to dji?!
After some time without use I tried to connect the app/drone on my new Galaxy s21 ultra...but apparently dji can't get the drone/app to work with the ultra.
That's a major inconvenience but luckily I have my old p30 pro which I can use as the remote/store to fly. Update the app, the remote and the drone but still can't fly because of this same ridiculous error.
What the hell is going on?! Even my workaround for the s21 ultra doesn't work because I have to try and update my battery?!
In profile>settings to update firmware which the error recommended doesn't work as it states I'm fully up to date.
What a joke! Unable to take off
Do you not have a fix for either of these issues?
2021-12-26
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-12-27 21:14

DJI Stephen, you forgot to ask if he had had a hard crash with the said drone!
2021-12-26
Use props
djiuser_ROS8OmVDdsOn
New
Costa Rica

We're you able to fix it? I live in Costa Rica and after a while of using it, the aircraft wouldn't go up. I landed it to see what was going on and after trying to take off it would show that same error.
2021-12-30
Use props
CallMeAlan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HAVOC Posted at 2-11 14:43
WTF IS GOING ON, DJI?!?!?!?! WHY HAVENT YOU FIXED THIS YET?!?!?? EVERYONE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM WITH NO SOLUTION. STOP APOLOGIZING AND GET IT TOGETHER!!! STARTING TO THINK THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM.

Enough of the caps, you idiot.
2021-12-30
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

CallMeAlan Posted at 12-30 08:04
Enough of the caps, you idiot.

DO BIG LETTERS SCARE YOU?

BOO!
2021-12-30
Use props
MalSve
New

Sweden

I have the same problem. I have read that there is a beta that can fix this. How do i get it?
2022-2-7
Use props
djiuser_1oHTkuhPMheu
New
Australia

HAVOC Posted at 2021-2-11 14:43
WTF IS GOING ON, DJI?!?!?!?! WHY HAVENT YOU FIXED THIS YET?!?!?? EVERYONE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM WITH NO SOLUTION. STOP APOLOGIZING AND GET IT TOGETHER!!! STARTING TO THINK THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM.

Today I returned a Dji mini es with two motors not working. New in box faulty. Got a replacement and same problem.  Wtf I live a hour out of town now having to returned the product again.. all thanks to faulty motors. What's the point in buying these drones when I spent $40 + in gas to returned a defective product.
2022-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules