9224 7 2020-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TCTreton
lvl.1
Flight distance : 244895 ft
Canada

Hello,
I wonder if you experience the same batteries behavior.

So when Mini 2 hovers the flight/hover time is approximately 30 min.

When drone moves/flies forward (full throttle) the flight time drops quickly to 5 min (depend which mode).

Example:
I am flying across the bay to the other side, approximately 1500m (S mode). Before I stop it says 5-6 min of flight !!! Then when it hovers flight time comes back to around 15-18min. A second later I fly back, the time drops to 3.5 min.

I have 3 batteries, all works the same.

What is wrong ? I am afraid to fly any further.

It never happened to me with Mavic Mini !!!
2020-12-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, TCTreton. Thanks for reaching out! We're sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. Please check whether the battery cell status of each of your batteries is within normal. It can be found under Safety > Battery Info. Kindly check also the current firmware version of your Mini 2 and if you could upload a screen recording wherein it happened, that'll be highly appreciated. Looking forward to your response.  
2020-12-27
Use props
KREMi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

this stated 30 min is on paper, but RL show ca 25min fligt time possible with draining battery pretty deep (to 5-10% capacity). remaining flight time is ussualy shown as time with current power draw. So if You flying really full throttle, it might be that it drops v. fast. (like in cars, drive ecofriendly, You can manage under 10l/100km efficiency, give it full throttle, and 40-50l/100km consumption is easy to achive )
quadcopters this type are most effective when flying "slowly" (around 30-40% power, but it's weight/motors/other factors dependant)
so a 5-6x flight time reduction (25min vs 5min) when giving full throttle vs. steady flight is IMHO still possible.

edit:
here a table for a 1404 BL motor (I think that mini2 have something similar in size, but diff KV/2S), but it's only to show how power draw drasticly changes on BL motors
in this example on 30-40%throttle usage would be under 2A (per motor), full throtle is even more then 6xtimes bigger draw. This 5-6 times flight time reduction can be real.
also mini1 got weaker motors, so drain there will be slower + liion vs. lipo battery discharge little different (more jumpy) + they might updated reading freq. >> it will give more acurate readings now...

1404 motor effic.

1404 motor effic.
2020-12-28
Use props
jonny007
lvl.4
Germany

But he says that he did not have the same behavior with the Mini1, so it is possible that the Mini2 has a different (less precise) method for calculating the remaining time.
2020-12-28
Use props
TCTreton
lvl.1
Flight distance : 244895 ft
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-27 23:57
Hi, TCTreton. Thanks for reaching out! We're sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. Please check whether the battery cell status of each of your batteries is within normal. It can be found under Safety > Battery Info. Kindly check also the current firmware version of your Mini 2 and if you could upload a screen recording wherein it happened, that'll be highly appreciated. Looking forward to your response.

Watch above videos please.

Many wired things happened. Gimbal of the level, remote control weak signal, battery draining, at the end of movie 2 drone goes a bit side ways and forward instead only forward (maybe some wind but it never happened with Mini 1).

(in movie 2 I lost signal, becouse I was rushing to second floor balcony to have a better position).

It is scary to fly it, It is difficult to predict if it will have enough power to return.

Withi Mini 1 I always new if there is enough power. I flew futher and came back without any issue with power.

Temperature +1 <-> +2 Celcius. Movie 1 was a maiden flight for Mini 2 since I have it, was waiting for tempretures above 0 Celcius.

All bateries are behaveing the same way.

All most recent software installed.
2020-12-29
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Don't count on much help here. I have asked multiple questions about curious behavior of the Mini 2 and have gotten zero useful responses. Maybe another forum would be best.
2020-12-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Thanks for the added information. We'll have this checked with our engineers and have you updated. Should we need further required information, we'll let you know also.
2020-12-29
Use props
djiuser_fRuIePn3UcxM
lvl.1
Australia

Nothing is wrong. The time indicator you're reading is based on the drones current consumption of power. The harder you fly it the less time remaining. So what you describing is exactly what its suppose to be doing, giving you a time remaining, based on how its flying and consuming power. If you just put it into a hover, in no winf conditions, it would give you a constant time remaining, because the power consumption is constant. When you start flying off, it consuming more power, thus it indicates the time left based on the current consumption. I hope that explains it.
2022-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules