2218 5 2020-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
K9JDN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 893819 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is there any documentation on all of the displayed information in the new Radar Screen?  What do the dashed lines represent in the display?  What does the distance between the dashed lines represent in the circle, etc.?  Looking for any information that has been published or is available on the Radar Screen icon.  Thanks in advance!

Radar Display Screen

Radar Display Screen

2020-12-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good question.
I would like some info on that too!
2020-12-28
Use props
Ruzhye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795640 ft
United States

Great question, I was wondering myself after flying the latest update.
2020-12-28
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

It's an "Attitude" and RC orientation indicator. The two white lines to the left and right of the big blue arrow move in relation to the tilt of the aircraft. In the supplied image the aircraft is tilting forward with a hard right turn. The tiny blue dot you see on the edge of the white ring and above left to the "H" is the RC orientation indicator. This is the replacement for the former "Aircraft Orientation" indicator. I find this a poor replacement for AO. I created a video with the "Attitude" indicator in action and an alternate method to use map instead of the "Attitude" indicator in order to assist in maintaining RC antenna alignment with the aircraft.

2020-12-28
Use props
K9JDN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 893819 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pappy3 Posted at 12-28 10:58
It's an "Attitude" and RC orientation indicator. The two white lines to the left and right of the big blue arrow move in relation to the tilt of the aircraft. In the supplied image the aircraft is tilting forward with a hard right turn. The tiny blue dot you see on the edge of the white ring and above left to the "H" is the RC orientation indicator. This is the replacement for the former "Aircraft Orientation" indicator. I find this a poor replacement for AO. I created a video with the "Attitude" indicator in action and an alternate method to use map instead of the "Attitude" indicator in order to assist in maintaining RC antenna alignment with the aircraft.
https://youtu.be/ORbSTt3Ht1M

That was helpful information, Pappy3!  Thanks so much for taking the time to share it!
2020-12-28
Use props
Ruzhye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795640 ft
United States

Thanks for the info.
2020-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules