3426 12 2020-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyHawk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 292713 ft
Austria

Hello,

after a recent update of the DJI Fly app there appeared a magic wand with auto photo enhancement functionality.
Since that update, whenever I download a photo from DJI Fly app to my iPhone, I receive two pictures in my phone camera roll (Photos app) instead of one:
One original photo and one auto enhanced photo, which is very frustrating.

I do not want the auto photo enhancement as I edit my shots on my own.
I didn't find a setting to turn off auto photo enhancement!

Steps to reproduce:
  • Open app and connect drone
  • Shoot a photo
  • Tap "Album" icon
  • In album, tap the newly shot photo. Note: Magic wand in bottom right corner is gray.
  • Tap the "Download" icon to send the full quality photo to the phone.
  • A message pops up "Photo quality enhanced" and magic wand in bottom right corner is now lit up. Now I have 2 photos on my phone's camera roll, the original and one with the automated photo enhancement.

What do I have to do to only send the original photo to my phone?

Thanks

iOS Version 14.0.1
DJI Fly App Version 1.2.2

2020-12-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, FlyHawk. Thanks for reaching out! We're sorry but as of the time being, this function cannot be disabled manually and the DJI Fly will automatically download two images. We'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI Fly and DJI Mini 2.
2020-12-30
Use props
DJ Aluzion
lvl.2
Flight distance : 400837 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes please add an option to change this feature.
Please add option to turn off or on and/or to only save enhanced or to only save original.
Love my drone thank you so much for making an amazing product!

Happy New Year!
2021-1-1
Use props
mrsexpistols
New

Germany

Hi, I have the same issue that all pictures appear as duplicates on my iPhone after downloading them. This is very annoying and definitely should be made optional
2021-1-2
Use props
djiuser_G8I1tnAl7E4m
New
Flight distance : 13130 ft
Australia

Yes horrible feature, my phone gallery is filling up with duplicates and I cant really tell which photo I should be using. Very frustrating when your phone puts them out of sequential order as well I can’t tell what photo is a duplicate or a fresh photo which may potentially have another duplicate.

I want to download one photo and be given one photo. Not a additional enhanced photo. This is a good option but it should be a choice not forced that fills up your gallery.
2021-1-2
Use props
djiuser_G8I1tnAl7E4m
New
Flight distance : 13130 ft
Australia

2021-1-2
Use props
Pete McArthur
lvl.3
Flight distance : 79908 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have to agree that I want the ability to turn this feature off, I find it really annoying. It adds to editing time, I want to do my own enhancement if required, not to waste time deleting unwanted images
2021-1-5
Use props
BOSIG
New

Sweden

I have the problem that the enhanced photo does not retain the meta-data either. Only the original one.
2021-1-5
Use props
Turfolk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 248757 ft
Denmark

BOSIG Posted at 1-5 10:09
I have the problem that the enhanced photo does not retain the meta-data either. Only the original one.

Same here.
2021-1-6
Use props
JesseS80
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2874 ft
Spain

@FlyHawk, I'm getting this too but I'm also getting all the photos I take in my camera roll before I ever even hit the 'download' in the Album. Are you seeing that as well? I took something like 20 photos today and ended up having to clear out over 90 photos from my camera roll.
2021-5-5
Use props
RC-Wings
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92451 ft

United States

So you guys can design awesome drones but you can’t fix this annoying issue? Really?

Can I speak to your supervisor!
2021-8-16
Use props
thejbix
New

United States

I'm experiencing issues with enhanced images not retaining meta data and for some drones it is impossible to turn off the image enhancement.  

Have there been any updates to this?

2023-5-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

thejbix Posted at 5-15 12:48
I'm experiencing issues with enhanced images not retaining meta data and for some drones it is impossible to turn off the image enhancement.  

Have there been any updates to this?

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. May we ask what specific DJI drone you're using and a screenshot of it not retaining metadata? We'll be waiting for your update. Thank you.
2023-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules