13526 53 2020-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

JJB* Posted at 2020-12-30 05:35
Well, just use the radar display as in the GoApp.

Easier to understand where the drone is, as it is positioned in the 360 display ; easy way to find to rotate the RC and when drone icon is between center and white top triangle ; drone in front of you!!

I agree with JJB,  use the radar display as in the GoApp.
2021-1-6
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

dji_MODDER Posted at 1-6 22:50
I agree with JJB,  use the radar display as in the GoApp.

did you vote?   https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=232743
2021-1-7
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

JJB* Posted at 1-7 02:33
did you vote?   https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=232743

Yes I did
2021-1-7
Use props
Jakinakrak
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15892 ft
United States

I dont like the new radar
2021-1-7
Use props
MagicRide
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6766027 ft
United States

jonny007 Posted at 2020-12-28 13:58
Thats it what I mean, no description, no documentation...maybe 5 meters after start, but when the drone is 400 meters away then the distance between the lines maybe is 100 meters....or it means nothing...who knows ? THAT'S why a documentation would always be good. The Mini2 sensors measure more then 11 meters (as Mini1) ? ... I doubt this.
Or is this documented anywhere ?

Very true, in my opinion for me this helps very little and not much information has come out from DJI, however I understand if others like it. I just wished they would have left the rear radar readout as well or at least gave you and options to turn them off or on. It was easy to see when you were pointing at the drone to get the best reception. That blue dot with the arrow has to be visible so you can point your RC in the direction of the drone,  that means you have to stand further away from the homepoint otherwise it gets covered.  In some situations the liftoff space is limited and you're basically right on top of the home point.
2021-1-7
Use props
Skywolf III
lvl.2
Flight distance : 497749 ft
United States

The new indicator is a welcome upgrade.  You can use it estimate wind resistance at various altitudes as well as easily see roll, climb, descending and horizon.  Similar to what you would see in an airplane.  You just need to get used to it since the original indicator is nothing like it.   With a little understanding of what you’re looking at along with some field testing, you should find it very intuitive with regard to orientation (where you are relative to the drone).  I used to pull up the map on return home but mostly just use the new indicator now.  To me at least, having the aircraft in a fixed orientation with every thing else dynamic is preferred.
2021-1-7
Use props
mavic_user
lvl.2
Flight distance : 177070 ft
Hong Kong

I think the new attitude indicator of the FLY APP is fine except for the poor visibility of the tiny blue triangle representing the direction of the controller's antenna.  It is also quite easy to have the triangle totally invisible when it is covered up by the home point circle.  Suggest two enhacements :     
1) make that tiny blue triangle BIGGER
2) put the blue circle representing the controller on top of the yellow circle representing the home point.

or better still, just use the indicator in the GO APP.

2021-1-9
Use props
MartG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 372533 ft
United Kingdom

As far as indicating which direction the drone is to point your antenna the new compass is as much use as a chocolate teapot

At best it shows as a tiny blue spec peeking out from under the home point icon, almost invisible on my iphone screen. Once the drone is more than a few metres away it seems like the icons change scale so the direction indicator is completely obscured - the further away the drone is ( which is when you REALLY need to see at a glance the direction the drone is in ) the worse the issue becomes.

To me this makes 1.2.2 unusable for all but the shortest range flights.

Please reinstated the old, easy to see direction indicator
2021-1-9
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 2020-12-28 05:29
I think the radar view is quite self-explanatory... It's just a simplified version of the map view.

With the map view you have to pre caché the map, and if you fly fast you sometimes get out of the map view. With the radar view you can easily see your position (blue dot) and your homepoint (H), so it's faster/easier to find a way back home than wait for the map to load each chunk of terrain.

You've missed one key point....documentation.  When you consider what the Fly App does, and how interdependent it is for safe operation, the written documentation is pathetic.  And the company provided video tutorials do little to improve on that.  They tend to be nothing more that a list.

After spending thousands on their product I don't expect having to spend weeks waiting for some seemingly incoherent YouTuber ramble on how they 'discovered' an "undocumented" feature.  Ninety percent of them explain it poorly or incompletely or at such length you glazed over just wanting it to end.  Half the time I just listen to find out if the 'features' are fluff or whether a critical piece of safety information!  
Documentation in the form of practical, company created video content that is easy to find and should be updated with every firmware or software introduction.
2021-1-10
Use props
bugman3
New

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2020-12-30 00:18
Hi, K9JDN. Thanks for reaching out! We're sorry if this wasn't added in the documentation notes but the meaning of each icon is as follows:

Blue arrow: Where the Aircraft nose is facing

Is there a way to set it so that the remote control dot stays at the bottom of the screen and the blue arrow representing the aircraft changes direction to match the direction the drone is turned to (rather than keeping the blue arrow facing forward all the time and having the blue dot representing the control spin around to the top of the circle)?

Would make much more sense.

When I have the drone 100m out in front of me, flying FORWARD (away from controller), the blue arrow is pointing FORWARD (away from the controller) - this is logical.  

But when I turn the DRONE around to fly back towards me, having the blue arrow for the drone continue to face FORWARD (away from where I am standing) seems illogical - the drone is not facing "FORWARD" any more, it's now facing back towards me.

Yes, I know, the blue dot representing "me" (the remote control) has now circled around to the top of the circle, so in effect the arrow is indeed pointing to me (the controller), but why have "me" move on the screen rather than having the DRONE ARROW turn around?  "I" didn't run out across the field to get in front of the drone, so why move the dot that represents "me"?  The DRONE TURNED AROUND, so why not have the blue arrow turn around and face back towards ME?
2021-1-11
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

Using the attitude indicates is good for everyone. If you go up to RTH heights it can tell you the upper wind conditions and by rotating the can tell the wind direction. It will take some time to learn how much winds to create a given angle. It would be nice if DJI could incorporate tilt angle in degrees.
Example at what tilt pound on a mm has a flyaway.,
I’m guessing that the MM & M 2 is using that angle or the motor speed to trigger the high winds nitificstion.
But I’ll leave it to the experts here.
Doug
2021-1-11
Use props
faldron
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13491 ft
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 2020-12-30 00:18
Hi, K9JDN. Thanks for reaching out! We're sorry if this wasn't added in the documentation notes but the meaning of each icon is as follows:

You wrote:

Green Light under Blue Arrow: The direction of the cradle head camera
White N icon: Due north
Yellow H icon: Return Home Point position
Blue dots: Mobile device location; The triangle icon points to the orientation of the remote control (mobile device compass)

However - at least with the new RC and the Mini 3 Pro, my "Blue dots triangle icon" has color which changes! Like so:

- blue: for the most part, e.g., when pointing towards the aircraft
- green: for about a 90º field, not sure when and why

Questions:
1. What does the triangle color represent?
2. Why does the user manual not cover the radar view while it does cover a lot of self-explanatory stuff?

Kind regards,
Falk
2022-6-7
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Blue dot triangle icon arrow BLUE =   shows RC facing heading relative to drone

Blue dot triangle icon arrow GREEN =
  shows RC facing heading relative to drone AND RC is exactly pointed/beamed towards the drone....

OKE, but this only works if mobile device or RC compass is calibrated such that the indicated heading is exactly correct *

* wich is not or almost never the case

check your mob device / RC heading indication with a good hand held compass, in my experience always a few degrees in error.

cheers
JJB
2022-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules