New Mavic Air 2 Firmware Released (12/28/2020)
1234Next >
20509 123 2020-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Pappy3 Posted at 2020-12-28 10:15
For Android users there is a third bullet from the firmware update notice: "he DJI Fly v1.2.2 for Android version needs to be downloaded from dji.com". Why would DJI say you "need" to download from the DJI site, instead of "Requires Fly v1.2.2"? Won't the 1.2.2 eventually be available on Google Play?

That's what I want to know as well (if the latest app will be on GooglePlay). I used to install app through DJI site on my old phone, now I went with official GP app version (as a kind of safety feature), is there a ban for DJI on GoogePlay or just delay?
2021-1-3
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

MattCaz Posted at 1-2 15:31
I updated the SC and the MA2 and haven't had any issues yet. Rock steady, no loss of signal, but then again, I FLY VLOS and my 64 yr old eyes don't see as far as they used to.

Thanks for the update
2021-1-3
Use props
George210477
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

WARNING! Until 1.2.2 all was fine, working...at 1.2.2 i have experienced a full disconnect from drone in air (black screen) for 3-4 seconds....the drone started to travel home as signal was lost...the drone was in my sight, at around 200 meters far away and 70 meters altitude...
I thought 1st time was just an unfortunate event, so i have reinstalled a clean Fly APP on phone...surprise...another disconnect....totaly random...

What the Hell, DJI ?
2021-1-3
Use props
wildlifemoments
lvl.2
Flight distance : 927277 ft
Italy

George210477 Posted at 1-3 12:36
WARNING! Until 1.2.2 all was fine, working...at 1.2.2 i have experienced a full disconnect from drone in air (black screen) for 3-4 seconds....the drone started to travel home as signal was lost...the drone was in my sight, at around 200 meters far away and 70 meters altitude...
I thought 1st time was just an unfortunate event, so i have reinstalled a clean Fly APP on phone...surprise...another disconnect....totaly random...

but with the new firmware?
2021-1-4
Use props
George210477
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

wildlifemoments Posted at 1-4 02:21
but with the new firmware?

Yes, with all new firmware, all new fw for battery, also dji fly 1.2.2...
I just don't understand how they put new bugs in versions without that bugs ))))
2021-1-4
Use props
Eckonism
lvl.2
Flight distance : 214265 ft
Germany

George210477 Posted at 1-4 05:25
Yes, with all new firmware, all new fw for battery, also dji fly 1.2.2...
I just don't understand how they put new bugs in versions without that bugs ))))

Maybe a problem with your Phone.....today i tested the new firmware & fly app 1.2.2 again......2km distance with no problem and perfect stable video transmission. All good and everything went fine.
2021-1-4
Use props
djiuser_R0nsc6GZXzXv
New
Flight distance : 407513 ft
Indonesia

after the update, I couldn't fly more than 30 mater, the GPS took too long to lock up ..
2021-1-5
Use props
MattCaz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251358 ft
  • >>>
United States

So here's why I hate the new Attitude indicator.  The home point is what moves, not the drone.  Thats counterintuitive to me.  The home point should be the center and the drone moves around it because we're controlling the drone, the drone isn't controlling us.
2021-1-5
Use props
BigE120
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3876302 ft
United States

Eckonism Posted at 1-4 07:18
Maybe a problem with your Phone.....today i tested the new firmware & fly app 1.2.2 again......2km distance with no problem and perfect stable video transmission. All good and everything went fine.

I installed new firmware into my smartcontroler, and about 15min or so into fligh the screen just froze, and said it had "lost connection".   Calmly I do what I'd normally do in that situation and just adjusted angle and direction of controller to get back signal!   Well nothing worked, but luckily it was at night, and I wasn't far away.  I had visual on the drone and had to land it just by watching the lights!  Kinda sketchy for a min.  But had to power down controller to get it to normal again.  Flew once more after but not very far in case...Nothing yet as far as freezes, but I'm deft scared to fly it far rite now
2021-1-6
Use props
BigE120
lvl.2
United States

Andy Uk Posted at 2020-12-30 04:59
There's a Smart Controller Update Also including the DJI Fly 1.2.2 Version.  Was released the same Day

It crashes also!  Froze my screen, and unpaired aircraft from controller
2021-1-6
Use props
BigE120
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_xZGChSkXUfhI Posted at 2020-12-31 02:50
My smart controller updated yesterday to dji fly v 1.2.2 but it has major issues! It’s like it’s transmitting on WiFi and not ocusync 2.0 as the video feed is jerky and the control movements lose response time when the drone is only a couple 100 meters away! Also the dji fly app crashed twice while the drone was in the sky. Weirdly I still had control over the drone even though the fly app was not running!

I had exact same issue!   Luckily I still had visual on drone being it was at night
2021-1-6
Use props
djiuser_Bhs9qgnwBzrR
New

Italy

Hello,

I did the update but now I have a big issue, as you can see in the image below the app does not display in lower-center the real time drone + driver postion

This is what I should see:

I've triedd to contacted the customer service, reinstall the app but I still have the same issue

I kindly ask for your support.

Thanks
2021-1-6
Use props
KTM80PT
lvl.3
Flight distance : 743235 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_Bhs9qgnwBzrR Posted at 1-6 03:22
Hello,

I did the update but now I have a big issue, as you can see in the image below the app does not display in lower-center the real time drone + driver postion

Tap the map- lower left, then tap in the corner of the map and your drone orientation is there.
They have just moved it and at now shows ‘ you in relation to your drone’ drones point of view, make it easer to fly back via the map to you if lose VLOS.
2021-1-6
Use props
maihem.rc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2076335 ft
  • >>>
United States

isdoo Posted at 2020-12-28 00:52
Shame not for Android yet

Yeah, I am so Android but broke down and got an iPad mini for flying.  Going back several DJI drones ago, was frustrated with android disconnects.  Borrowed a neighbors iPad for a week, they had several to spare, and I didn't have any problems...it just works.
2021-1-6
Use props
maihem.rc
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_xZGChSkXUfhI Posted at 1-1 16:25
Yes I’ve updated the smart controller, the app, the drone and the battery’s... I tested it again today and the signal in my smart remote dropped a signal bar when it was 90ft above my head

If you had it 90 ft above your head you are sort of in the middle or hole of the signal doughnut.  See if moving away from you improves the signal.
2021-1-6
Use props
maihem.rc
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

MattCaz Posted at 1-1 18:27
So I'm assuming that if it was above your head you had the antennas in the horizontal position, not vertical where it's sending the beam parallel to the ground.. right?  I took mine to 198 feet straight up and never lost any bars.. and went out 600 feet and 199 up and still had full bars.

I do have to say that I'm not a fan of the new acft position indicator not that it matters because it doesn't seem to work for kaka anyway but the old one was easier to look at and determine that it wasn't working for kaka  (DJI censors words.. I'm a retired GI .. how am I supposed to express myself without using swear words?)

Agreed, the new position indicator is horrible.  TBH, not a big fan of the whole new UI.  I liked my battery bar going all the way across the top.
2021-1-6
Use props
Auencam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11916158 ft
United States

Does anyone know if the photo zoom feature is supposed to be included in the 1.2.2 update for the MA2 or is it just for the Mini 2? I'm not seeing it on my MA2.
2021-1-6
Use props
KTM80PT
lvl.3
Flight distance : 743235 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_xZGChSkXUfhI Posted at 1-1 16:25
Yes I’ve updated the smart controller, the app, the drone and the battery’s... I tested it again today and the signal in my smart remote dropped a signal bar when it was 90ft above my head
Did you have the antenna facing the sky to, the flat wide parts should always be pointed to the drone for maximum signal, no good if they are pointed across the ground as if the drone were out in front when you actually had it over your head- it does transmit a huge bubble of signal evenly everywhere- point where your drone is.
2021-1-6
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

MattCaz Posted at 1-5 08:03
So here's why I hate the new Attitude indicator.  The home point is what moves, not the drone.  Thats counterintuitive to me.  The home point should be the center and the drone moves around it because we're controlling the drone, the drone isn't controlling us.
[view_image]

Ah Thats what you think .
The drone really is controlling us.
2021-1-6
Use props
JohnDProffitt
lvl.1
United States

Since I updated both firmware for MA2 and my controller every time I try to use quick shots it looses lock on the subject.  Tried on a very sunny day with and without ND filters but same results always.  Plus, once it looses lock, RTH fails also.  It's like it is dropping the GPS and doesn't know where it is.
2021-1-6
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello,

DJI Fly v1.2.2 introduced a new design for the aircraft orientation indicator.  It is now moved to the same location as the map.
2021-1-6
Use props
Mr.Snarily
New

United States

Why don't you add more phones to the compatibly list and fix basic issues before changing so much.
2021-1-6
Use props
Auencam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11916158 ft
United States

Auencam Posted at 1-6 07:45
Does anyone know if the photo zoom feature is supposed to be included in the 1.2.2 update for the MA2 or is it just for the Mini 2? I'm not seeing it on my MA2.

Anyone got any idea?
2021-1-7
Use props
JohnDProffitt
lvl.1
United States

JohnDProffitt Posted at 1-6 13:40
Since I updated both firmware for MA2 and my controller every time I try to use quick shots it looses lock on the subject.  Tried on a very sunny day with and without ND filters but same results always.  Plus, once it looses lock, RTH fails also.  It's like it is dropping the GPS and doesn't know where it is.

UPDATE:  I re-watched some tutorials on using quick shots and one said that the controller needs to be in "Normal" mode.  I usually fly in "Tripod" mode since I am just learning and want things to go slowly.  I re-tried again today in "Normal" mode and everything worked fine.

Operator error.
2021-1-7
Use props
Jakinakrak
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15892 ft
United States

Nice work DJI i am loving it. Thank you.
2021-1-7
Use props
Errr797
lvl.2
Flight distance : 914534 ft
  • >>>
United States

MattCaz Posted at 1-5 08:03
[view_image]

I agree with you.  This makes sense only if you are onboard the drone but you're not.  The main frame of reference should be the controller, not the drone.
2021-1-7
Use props
bikoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1534987 ft
  • >>>
Egypt

Thank you!!
2021-1-8
Use props
Fito.14
lvl.1
Flight distance : 333675 ft
Chile

Hi everyone, just update the firmware of the MA2, RC and DJIFLY APP 1.2.2, and when flying my drone, on my phone screen it display an advice that the GPS signal is weak and that the ATTI mode is activated. Before I updated the firmware, that advice had never been shown. Has anyone had the same problem??
2021-1-8
Use props
djiuser_qBHhTmaLIgaY
New

New Zealand

Can some one help me un lock my new drone code 1112 comes up
2021-1-8
Use props
fansbdb12036
lvl.1
Flight distance : 683806 ft
Ukraine

Not possible to download the update. Error message -8. iOS 14, 6s
2021-1-9
Use props
WeiSPRoDuCTioNS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 81706 ft
Spain

Thank you!
2021-1-10
Use props
MickeKling
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3144075 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

djiuser_BSCVq4mKjDAL Posted at 2020-12-29 11:53
Where have you seen this official firmware 1.2.2 for s/c i cant see on Dji web site and not on google play?

If you run the SC Updater you will get the 1.2.2 Fly App.
2021-1-10
Use props
MickeKling
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

ET214 Posted at 1-1 13:10
I understand your frustration.
Why not purchase  the Mavic Pro 2 or the Phantom 4 Pro v 2.0?  they work very well with the Smart Controller.

I sold my Mavic 2 Pro and bought the Mavic Air 2 when the new EU drone rules where presented. I still hope that the MA2 will be C-classed, and the difference between C1 (MA2) and C2 (M2P) is significant.
2021-1-10
Use props
George210477
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

MickeKling Posted at 1-10 23:41
I sold my Mavic 2 Pro and bought the Mavic Air 2 when the new EU drone rules where presented. I still hope that the MA2 will be C-classed, and the difference between C1 (MA2) and C2 (M2P) is significant.

As long as I can set from software not to transmit my ID, I am perfectly fine.
BUT...IF...and AT the moment DJI decide that this is not available anymore  the "hiding"  of ID and I have to transmit my ID at take off, the drone goes back as I will not accept the new  TERMS at conditions of usage...
And guess what: When a supplier changes the conditions of a product you brought and you do not agree with new terms, you can ask a FULL REFUND...according to international law.

So... DJI, just be warned... ) For MA2 leave the ID option as it is now: If i don't want to make it visible, I can put it in hidden mode.
2021-1-11
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

George210477 Posted at 1-11 02:09
As long as I can set from software not to transmit my ID, I am perfectly fine.
BUT...IF...and AT the moment DJI decide that this is not available anymore  the "hiding"  of ID and I have to transmit my ID at take off, the drone goes back as I will not accept the new  TERMS at conditions of usage...
And guess what: When a supplier changes the conditions of a product you brought and you do not agree with new terms, you can ask a FULL REFUND...according to international law.

I agree with You but DJI Is pushed by EU...
2021-1-11
Use props
djiuser_ApD8gzqVJyrE
New
Flight distance : 285 ft
Australia

Hi All,

It seems that after upgrading the fly app to 1.2.2 and to the newest firmware, I still do not have the new features outlined in this firmware release. No optimized RTH or cruise control for Hyperlapse. I am on Android with S20. Any guidance would be appreciated.
2021-1-11
Use props
knupla2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 922 ft
United States

VanzPix Posted at 2020-12-28 06:07
I downloaded the latest version of Android fly dji from the DJI site and everything went well the firmware was also updated

I've been trying several times - no joy.

Been flying DJI P3 Pro and saw this as a great update.  Unfortunately - the DJI FLY app will not install.  Running Android 8.0.0.
2021-1-11
Use props
MickeKling
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

When can we expect to be able to use Cruse control (or Tap Fly) in video mode? This will finally make the MA2 a better drone than the original Mavic Air.
2021-1-12
Use props
Andy Uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3985676 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hello,

1.2.2 remove this and replaced with another better indicator.... suggest the release notes are ready with Frimware/App updates.
2021-1-12
Use props
charias98
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1002687 ft
Colombia

Why Dji Fly 1.2.2  isn't in google play yet? The problems with this upgrade are already fixed?
2021-1-12
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules