DJI Assistant 2 - Can't Install on Mac
28060 20 2020-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SHL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 135246 ft
United States

Newbie - love my DJI Mini 2, still learning.  

I've done several searches in the forum to figure out if I'm missing something obvious, but have been unable to find any posts regarding failed installation of DJI Assistant 2 software on a Mac.  I've tried both the the "DJI Assistant 2" and "DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Series)" and encounter the same issue - an error indicating..."this is an unknown developer to MacOS and cannot be verified to not contain malware."

What am I missing?  Is this a known issue?  Is this something to do with the software being from China?  

Not a must-have, but would be convenient in some cases to work from the computer for moving files, etc. without having to pull the SD card out of the drone or transfer in two steps through the phone.  I imagine the software provides other benefits as well.

2020-12-28
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

When yo get the message about unknown installer try going to Apple menu > System Preferences, and then click on the Security & Privacy icon. Under the General tab, look in the setting for “Allow apps downloaded from” and you should see that the app you tried to open was noticed by the operating system. Click the Open Anyway button to open that new app.
2020-12-28
Use props
SHL
lvl.1
United States

sky wombat Posted at 12-28 18:15
When yo get the message about unknown installer try going to Apple menu > System Preferences, and then click on the Security & Privacy icon. Under the General tab, look in the setting for “Allow apps downloaded from” and you should see that the app you tried to open was noticed by the operating system. Click the Open Anyway button to open that new app.

Thanks @sky wombat.  

It's a work computer and that security feature is locked down by my IT department, so I guess it's a no-go on the laptop.  I'll try installing on my desktop Mac.  Less convenient, but will give me the opportunity to check out the software.
2020-12-28
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

btw, this is the version i am using on big sur but i haven't yet hooked up the mini 2; is there a different version than:

DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic Release Notes V2.0.14 2020-08-05
2020-12-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, SHL. Thanks for reaching out! Due to the system limitation, software not downloaded from App Store cannot be installed directly on a Mac OS PC. Here are the steps in installing the software indirectly:

1. Go to the download page on the official website to download the DJI Assistant 2 installation package for Mac (DMG format).
2. After the installation package is downloaded, double click the package to install it. As shown in the picture below, a system prompt will pop up indicating that the installation is not allowed.
3. Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy, click on "Open Anyway". Then choose "Open" to start the installation.
4. After DJI Assistant 2 is installed, a system prompt will pop up indicating that the HoRNDIS driver needs to be installed as shown in the picture below. This driver must be installed, otherwise, the firmware update or flight controller data export will be affected.

Please be noted that the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) for the DJI Mini 2 only allows extracting the flight recorder from the aircraft and cannot be used currently to update its firmware.
2020-12-28
Use props
DroneyK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi. I was asked to install Assistant 2 on my Mac while receiving support from my retailer (even though the download page for Assistant does not mention Mini 2 as a supported device). The Assistant installed OK but MacOS refused to install the Hordis driver saying it was incompatible with the version of MacIS (Big Sur). I uninstalled it as it does not work.
2021-1-6
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

Also when the application is from an unknown developer, it can be opened by Two Finger Click.  A menu dialog will pop up and just select Open.  You may get a prompt dialog asking for permission to open the application from an unknown developer.
2021-1-6
Use props
SHL
lvl.1
United States

I should have responded sooner - I was able to get the software installed.  Thanks to @sky wombat and @dji gamora, I finally figured out that I needed to authorize the installation in Preferences _while_ the installation error dialog was still on the screen.  All good now.
2021-1-6
Use props
fans7d49b745
lvl.2
Flight distance : 302106 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I still can't. Running the latest version of MacOS, it states "This package is incompatible with this version of macOS."
2021-3-9
Use props
MickeKling
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3144075 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

The HoRNDIS driver may be installed on Big Sur but will not run without an extensive numbers of Terminal commands witch includes temporarily disabling the System Integrity Protection (SIP), rebooting in Failsafe mode. More info on that, here: https://github.com/jwise/HoRNDIS/issues/132

I’m NOT into that kind of things, there must be other ways to create a software for macOS.
2021-3-10
Use props
texgeekboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 347024 ft
United States

A little off topic, but I installed it on my Win10Pro last week, and the only thing I saw that it did was load firmware for the drone.  Admittedly it did let you load a back level of the firmware, which I don't think you can do on the app.  Is there a purpose for this product that I'm missing?
2021-3-12
Use props
Allen Smith
New

United States

I have Mac OS Big Sur and it won’t install because it can’t find HORNDIS anyone have any work arounds. I can’t seem to get past this
2021-3-12
Use props
djiuser_JrZMS2Kt7dbq
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24236 ft
Portugal

I have a Mac version 10.13.6 with OS High Sierra. I have tried to download many times DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV Series} and seems successful but then Im told my Mac version should be a 10.15 or later.
However at the same time I see Assistant 2 is not available for Mac and will be at the next update..(no idea when).
In the meantime how am I expected to update my V2 Goggles and air unit???
2021-10-31
Use props
fansc15bad50
lvl.2

United States

djiuser_JrZMS2Kt7dbq Posted at 10-31 13:11
I have a Mac version 10.13.6 with OS High Sierra. I have tried to download many times DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV Series} and seems successful but then Im told my Mac version should be a 10.15 or later.
However at the same time I see Assistant 2 is not available for Mac and will be at the next update..(no idea when).
In the meantime how am I expected to update my V2 Goggles and air unit???

Fortunately I was able to load the goggles and remote fpv from windows 10, then assistant 2 will not recognize DJI air unit. Tried windows 11 and Mac. This is such a pain in the rear end….
2021-12-21
Use props
SCREV
New

Canada

.same issue here
2022-2-25
Use props
Pixelglowstudio
lvl.1

United States

Unable to update on Mac High Sierra. I get the terminal commands - let them complete - but there is no driver in the preferences to be "allowed" - so when I launch the program it immediately goes to the update again. I was unable to get it to work on OS 13.2.1 (Ventura) either (different computer) - same thing.

Anyone solve this? I am trying to calibrate my downward sensors - nothing is working here! Before the update I was able to get into assistant - but was unable to successfully calibrate the drone. Now - if I skip the update I never get to the calibration window - it just spins waiting for something....(I assume the missing driver?)
2023-3-28
Use props
Pixelglowstudio
lvl.1

United States

Anyone? I need this fixed!
2023-4-6
Use props
Shawgod
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

I have the latest version of Mac OS and I called Apple for installation help and everything that came up for installation problems they walked me through and it is working perfectly.  I may suggest this as a solution.
2023-4-10
Use props
Pixelglowstudio
lvl.1

United States

Well - I just tried once again to calibrate - and this time I skipped the software update (which I have already tried twice) and it went immediately to a firmware update - promising! So once that was done, I went ahead and did the calibration, and it went without a hitch. I had to restart the drone and the DJI App to get it all synced up - but once I did that I was good to go. Whew! I wonder if they fixed something?
2023-4-11
Use props
fans9c3965b4
New
Flight distance : 22700 ft

South Africa

Pixelglowstudio Posted at 4-6 09:14
Anyone? I need this fixed!

Hi there, if you boot into recovery mode and start Terminal, you can allow 3rd party kernel extensions using csrutil disable. This solved the issue on my Ventura iMac. With csrutil enabled, the driver extension won't show up at all, so you have no button to click to authorise it.
2023-4-11
Use props
djiuser_sBGLyjMq43uH
lvl.3
Flight distance : 412608 ft
United Kingdom

Have you tried a USB-C to USB-C? Or is that to basic? As well as over 45% battery.
2023-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules