LOST - Mavic mini over the US- Canada border
1263 8 2020-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
viru125
lvl.1
Canada

Hello,
I lost my Mavic mini close to US-Canada border. I was trying to record Christmas lights in the night time, close to Peller estate winery, Niagara On The Lake Ontario. As soon as it went up 15 m, I lost full control of it. I was getting video reception but wasn't able to control mini at all. I guess it got caught in a strong wind gust. Data on the DJI app was misleading too this point. Every time I tried to bring it back it will spin out of control, Dji app showed it reached up to 550-650 ft at one point and after a few minutes it was showing -15 to -20 ft.

I called the Niagara authority and explained the situation, they told me to contact the Youngstown police department. I did, they told me to buy a new one this answer was expected.

was wondering if anyone came across this situation. I can not cross borders due to covid restrictions n all. Here I will attach images

lost location

lost location
2020-12-28
Use props
avereza
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11516381 ft

Brazil

Man this is too bad, may be you hit some wires or branches, is there any chance?

Hope someone finds it before it's too late. Do you put any kind of identification inside the drone, so if it's found they can reach you?

Good luck!
2020-12-29
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rotten luck. Slim chance of ever getting it back?
2020-12-29
Use props
viru125
lvl.1
Canada

avereza Posted at 12-29 06:22
Man this is too bad, may be you hit some wires or branches, is there any chance?

Hope someone finds it before it's too late. Do you put any kind of identification inside the drone, so if it's found they can reach you?

It was clear from trees n wires, i guess it was strong wind gust. No, I haven't put any identification. Lesson learned,  never again when it's too risky.
2020-12-29
Use props
viru125
lvl.1
Canada

Blériot53 Posted at 12-29 07:43
Rotten luck. Slim chance of ever getting it back?

No chances for now, it's out in the field. If it stays their till border opens up, then I will be the luckiest guy lol.
2020-12-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there viru125. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Mini. Since this unfortunate incident happened to the said DJI drone. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry for your loss and thank you for your understanding.
2020-12-29
Use props
viru125
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-29 22:11
Hello there viru125. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Mini. Since this unfortunate incident happened to the said DJI drone. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry for your loss and thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for your help, I did contact them and they are looking into it now.
2020-12-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

viru125 Posted at 12-30 11:26
Thank you for your help, I did contact them and they are looking into it now.

Hi there viru125. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. It is great to know that you have already contacted our DJI support team. If you have any other concerns or inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you and Happy New Year to you and to your family. .
2020-12-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try posting your log here - http://phantomhelp.com/logviewer/
2021-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now