Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air: constant compass calibration fails
5416 6 2020-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dkavali
New

United Arab Emirates

Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 10.20.27 AM.png

I have tried everything!

Three different locations, multiple techniques to try and calibrate the compass and every time it says calibration failed!

I even tried restoring to factory settings via the DJI Assistant app and still no luck.

I've tried in the desert, at the beach, and the mountains and every time I'm careful to say away from the car, turn my phone onto aeroplane mode and even had a friend stand with the remote 3m away while I try to calibrate the drone.

Any suggestions on I can overcome this painful process?

2020-12-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Dkavali. Thanks for reaching out! Sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. By any chance, do you recall if there's any specific warning or error code during the compass calibration? In the meantime and if you haven't tried, we suggest that you refresh or update your aircraft's firmware via the DJI Assistant 2 to see if that helps.
2020-12-28
Use props
Dkavali
New

United Arab Emirates

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-28 23:14
Hi, Dkavali. Thanks for reaching out! Sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. By any chance, do you recall if there's any specific warning or error code during the compass calibration? In the meantime and if you haven't tried, we suggest that you refresh or update your aircraft's firmware via the DJI Assistant 2 to see if that helps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPmWvxeSp7E

I’ll give it a shot. However, as I said, I did restore to factory settings and updated the software just before I took it out yesterday. But I'll try again based on the video.

No error code, just says it's failed due to strong magnetic interference. Which can't be right because I tried three very different locations and even one I had flown at once before.
2020-12-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Dkavali Posted at 12-28 23:30
I’ll give it a shot. However, as I said, I did restore to factory settings and updated the software just before I took it out yesterday. But I'll try again based on the video.

No error code, just says it's failed due to strong magnetic interference. Which can't be right because I tried three very different locations and even one I had flown at once before.

Hi, Dkavali. Thanks for the prompt response. Aside from our suggestion, we recommend also checking whether you're wearing any devices that could potentially disrupt or interfere with the compass. Temporarily removed them during the calibration and check whether that would help.
2020-12-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Dkavali Posted at 12-28 23:30
I’ll give it a shot. However, as I said, I did restore to factory settings and updated the software just before I took it out yesterday. But I'll try again based on the video.

No error code, just says it's failed due to strong magnetic interference. Which can't be right because I tried three very different locations and even one I had flown at once before.

If compass calibration fails repeatedly, the cause if often a disconnected compass.
Are you able to check the sensors in your app settings to see what it tells about the compass?
2020-12-29
Use props
thabighuynh
lvl.1

United States

This happens to me all the time now that we updated the firmware. Doesn't matter where you go. The unit always has a hard time calibrating. There's no 1 answer to do this. It's the luck of the draw when you start up the drone. I've wasted compete batteries just trying to calibrate. DJI needs to address this soon. This is getting really annoying!
2021-1-5
Use props
Fly_Hazr_Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56588 ft
United States

There were several post of the same issue.  This guy seems to have had good luck degaussing the actual drone compass area.   See below.  Good Luck!

2021-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules