Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
helidan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459951 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Guys,

most will be aware of imminent changes to the drone regulations coming into effect 31st December and that the Mini 2 beacuse of its low weight can be flown within reason anywhere in the UK (over towns/cities/docks etc.)

So legally for example could you now fly right over a ship berthed on an oil terminal or perhaps a non-nuclear power station (assuming you do not exceed 500m VLOS)?

I suppose the primary concerns now will not be so much safery but shifted towards privacy/security.

2020-12-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Don't forget from the 1st Jan you need to register and label the drone.
2020-12-29
Use props
Schumpi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4380 ft
Belgium

DAFlys Posted at 12-29 01:33
Don't forget from the 1st Jan you need to register and label the drone.

Is it also necessary to label the RC?
2020-12-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Schumpi Posted at 12-29 01:54

You get a Operator ID and Drone ID when you do the exam and registration.    The drone have to be labeled in such a way that you dont need tools to access the label,  I have mine under the battery.

https://register-drones.caa.co.uk/individual - although these are not updated yet for next years rules.
2020-12-29
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Schumpi Posted at 12-29 01:54

I see no need to label the RC. If I am out flying whatever drone/quadcopter I have with me, I have a laminated notice attached to my carry case showing both Operator and Flyer ID details. If I don't have the case with me, then I have all details on my Mobile Device to show to whosoever is entitled to see them, not just any nosey parker! (But, the AC is appropriately labelled as required.)
2020-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules