Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OnePlus 8T compatible with DJI Fly?
7645 22 2020-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_MosyQW6UyquU
New
Flight distance : 21476 ft
Serbia

Hello, does anyone know if DJI Fly app is working on OnePlus 8T? I am considering buying it and I have DJI Mini 2 but I would not like to get new phone and not be able to fly the drone with it.
2020-12-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for choosing DJI. Upon checking the said mobile device ( OnePlus 8T ) that your are trying to use on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic MIni 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the OnePlus 8T will be able to work on the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mini 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mini 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads ). Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-12-29
Use props
djiuser_ikYK3QS5mtbh
New

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-12-29 02:02
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for choosing DJI. Upon checking the said mobile device ( OnePlus 8T ) that your are trying to use on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic MIni 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the OnePlus 8T will be able to work on the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mini 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mini 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads ). Thank you for your understanding and support.

I'm in the same position.  I have a brand new OnePlus 8T, and I just received my drone shipped here two days ago.  Now I go to download app, only to find that it is supported by other OnePlus devices, but not the 8T.  Is this something that DJI is working on?
2021-4-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_ikYK3QS5mtbh Posted at 4-11 12:55
I'm in the same position.  I have a brand new OnePlus 8T, and I just received my drone shipped here two days ago.  Now I go to download app, only to find that it is supported by other OnePlus devices, but not the 8T.  Is this something that DJI is working on?

Hi there. Thank you for the reply and for these information you have given. Rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple devices to be added on the DJI Fly application recommended mobile device list in the future. Thank you.
2021-4-13
Use props
djiuser_s1MLOxm5GFXu
New

Norway

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-13 00:58
Hi there. Thank you for the reply and for these information you have given. Rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple devices to be added on the DJI Fly application recommended mobile device list in the future. Thank you.
It's really sad that DJI can support other devices of the same brand when really the software and screen resolution/size is almost the same. The specifications are also way better so it really should not be a problem for DJI to make every device compatible. Really unprofessional and should not be a problem at all. Y'all at DJI really gotta take this more seriously than just prioritizing apple devices when there are a lot more people on Android. I get that there are thousands of android phones but at least common brands like Samsung, OnePlus, Xiaomi, vivo etc. Should have their phones be supported. If an older device works than it it's a no brainer that a newer/better device will work. It's just about the people who work at DJI that needs to realize that having an Android phone should not be a problem. Thanks
(Edit) you can actually download the DJI fly app from dji's website. Not sure if it works 100% properly but I mean it should and probably won't have that many problem included.
2021-7-1
Use props
Pappy3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

I would think the One Plus 8T should work since the One Plus 8 and One Plus 8 Pro are compatible.
Source: https://cultofdrone.com/dji-fly-compatible-device/
2021-7-1
Use props
simon c woodley
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Does anyone know if there are any updates on this issue? Has the One Plus 8T been tested and confirmed as compatible with the Mavic Mini 2? Thanks for any updates or user test feedback. Simon
2021-11-1
Use props
djiuser_SprD3trxIFrq
New

Sri Lanka

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-13 00:58

Hi there we hope you're R&D team do it quickly. Because i have OnePlus 8T phone and DJI Mavic Air 2 drone. Still i have old playstore version of DJI fly app. I haven't no any other phone. Please give it to OnePlus 8T as soon as possible.
2021-11-7
Use props
fans5c1acfb3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 898189 ft
Finland

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-12-29 02:02
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for choosing DJI. Upon checking the said mobile device ( OnePlus 8T ) that your are trying to use on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic MIni 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the OnePlus 8T will be able to work on the DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mini 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mini 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads ). Thank you for your understanding and support.

well, yes, since the oneplus series 8; 8T; 8Pro, are not compatible with the DJI Fly app, why don't they make the entire mavic series including the mini, Air 2, Air 2S, and mavic 3, workable with DJI GO 4, which is compatible with most mobiles. Because once you spend a fortune on a drone, you also have to spend money on another phone, having an app like DJI GO 4 that is compatible with most phones. I think it's not fair. or you guys from DJI think that money falls from the sky.
2022-1-19
Use props
djiuser_uHjpH4sf0p1x
New

United Kingdom

Just took my DJI Mini 2 out for local flight - first time since end of last Summer when it worked perfectly with my OnePlus 8 Pro, but as soon as I started up the App and connected the RC I received the "RC not connected to mobile device" message within the app.  Drone and RC are communicating OK.

I reinstalled the  DJI Fly app, restarted everything, tried a new cable etc, only to read on the DJI site that the 8 Pro (and 8) have been dropped off the compatibility list.  So I have a £500 drone that I can't fly, unless I upgrade my phone (which isn't due an upgrade until August 2022!).  Thanks DJI.
2022-2-26
Use props
djiuser_4pPIEWR7U5Xu
New
Norway

DJI Fly has now worked perfectly well on my OnePlus 8Pro for over a year. I was stupid enough to perform an update of the DJI Fly app, now it wont work at all... reading the forums made me realize, it is taken off from Google Store and even old versions of DJI Fly does not work. Problem is that the app just closes within 2 secs of starting it. Giving me the option to clear the buffers every 3rd time or so... reading the forums gives me no hope this will be fixed soon... :/  Any news on compatibility, or do I have to buy myself a new phone/drone?
2022-7-28
Use props
djiuser_nuxcJfVdfIRe
New

Italy

Please we Need software app DJI FLY for ONEPLUS 8T.
Wait a answer
Thank you
2022-8-8
Use props
flocsy
lvl.1

Israel

+1 please add oneplus 8t
2022-8-18
Use props
pierrick “pkshetlie” pobelle
New
Flight distance : 15804 ft
France

Hi, any new about that ?
2022-8-22
Use props
djiuser_cRgy8kSbxRKR
New
Italy

In my 8T whit last firmware app work.
when you connect USB cable you need to select midi options on pop-up screen
2023-1-7
Use props
Robin David
New

United States

I have a one plus 9 pro. With the DJ mini 2 work for me?  Android 13
2023-6-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Robin David Posted at 6-3 12:16
I have a one plus 9 pro. With the DJ mini 2 work for me?  Android 13

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. Your mobile device is currently not listed in the Compatibility List. Compatibility tests are required to be carried out. As there are many models that need to be tested currently, it cannot be resolved in the short term. We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused.
If you have an urgent mission, we recommend you prepare a spare mobile device to carry out the mission, instead of using this device to avoid that the mission cannot be carried out due to compatibility issue. You may check the list of compatible devices in this link. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2023-6-4
Use props
djiuser_EG9KZ93QqIaR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25259 ft

United States

I have an 8T and it connects. I was indoor so I held the mini 2 in my hand and used the onscreen launch and it launched. I was surprised how much lift it had as I didn't let go of it. When it stops raining I'll find out if everything works. OxygenOS 13.1
1-31 17:30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_EG9KZ93QqIaR Posted at 1-31 17:30
I have an 8T and it connects. I was indoor so I held the mini 2 in my hand and used the onscreen launch and it launched. I was surprised how much lift it had as I didn't let go of it. When it stops raining I'll find out if everything works. OxygenOS 13.1

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. Generally, devices not listed as supported mobile devices can also be used if their system versions are the same or later than those published on the DJI official website (Beta system versions may not be compatible), but their stabilization has not yet been verified. It is recommended that you download and install the app to test the basic functions, or go to a nearby outlet (if any) for product testing. You may download the latest application via this link. I hope this information helps. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2-2 03:06
Use props
djiuser_EG9KZ93QqIaR
lvl.2

United States

Why is it stated "not compatible" when actually compatibility has not been tested yet?
2-3 11:26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_EG9KZ93QqIaR Posted at 2-3 11:26
Why is it stated "not compatible" when actually compatibility has not been tested yet?

Hello, there. Thank you for an update regarding this matter. This prompt message is preliminarily judged by the device during the installation. This could be because the app hasn't been tested with the devices, or due to hardware and software compatibility between the app and the device. I hope this information helps.
2-5 01:56
Use props
djiuser_EG9KZ93QqIaR
lvl.2

United States

djiuser_EG9KZ93QqIaR Posted at 1-31 17:30
I have an 8T and it connects. I was indoor so I held the mini 2 in my hand and used the onscreen launch and it launched. I was surprised how much lift it had as I didn't let go of it. When it stops raining I'll find out if everything works. OxygenOS 13.1

I was able to fly the mini 2 with oneplus 8t no problems. I only tried basic functions and return to home so far.
2-15 15:37
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_EG9KZ93QqIaR Posted at 2-15 15:37
I was able to fly the mini 2 with oneplus 8t no problems. I only tried basic functions and return to home so far.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We're glad to know that your mobile device is working with the DJI Fly app. If you need any assistance or have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. We appreciate your valued support.
2-16 02:15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules