Remote ID
10038 13 2020-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lvl.2
United States

Is there any information on which models will be able to handle remote ID? https://www.faa.gov/news/media/attachments/RemoteID_Executive_Summary.pdf
Personally I'm mostly interested in the mini, ma2, m2 zoom and older phantom models
2020-12-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have not heard about it so far!
2020-12-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

All the current models broadcast some ID information. Google DJI Aeroscope.
2020-12-29
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

I know for certain the MA2 has Remote ID built-in under the Safety menu. Not sure if its functional or how to test, but it's a start.
Here's what the menu looks like...

remoteID (Small).png
2020-12-29
Use props
lvl.2
United States

RobZilla Posted at 12-29 08:28
I know for certain the MA2 has Remote ID built-in under the Safety menu. Not sure if its functional or how to test, but it's a start.
Here's what the menu looks like...[Image]

The first generation mini has that as well. The FAA doc sounds like this won’t suffice as the pilot isn’t supposed to have the option to turn it off. Might just be a simple firmware update?

Does anybody know about the phantom 2/3?
2020-12-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello 727, thnak you for reaching us out and I appreciate your inquiry posted here in DJI Forum. For drones already purchased, it is DJI’s hope to be able to provide software updates to its drones to make them compliant with Remote ID.

However, DJI must await finalization of technical requirements within the industry before determining which specific products it can upgrade via software updates to perform Remote ID. We may also need to prioritize the technical work for products that are being newly released in 2022, and that are still most popularly in use in mid-2023, which may be different from products being used today.

Regardless, the FAA will permit an add-on modules to perform Remote ID in the event DJI is unable to upgrade some of its drone products. For new drone products, during the next year, DJI will work to enable its products meet applicable Remote ID requirements by the relevant deadline.​ Thank you for your understanding and support. Always stay safe!
2020-12-31
Use props
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-31 08:11
Hello 727, thnak you for reaching us out and I appreciate your inquiry posted here in DJI Forum. For drones already purchased, it is DJI’s hope to be able to provide software updates to its drones to make them compliant with Remote ID.

However, DJI must await finalization of technical requirements within the industry before determining which specific products it can upgrade via software updates to perform Remote ID. We may also need to prioritize the technical work for products that are being newly released in 2022, and that are still most popularly in use in mid-2023, which may be different from products being used today.

thanks, Paladin. Hoping you have to be conservative in what you say and chances of this being a simple firmware update are higher than it sounds in your message
2020-12-31
Use props
Planner68
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1194662 ft
United States

RobZilla Posted at 12-29 08:28

I have something very similar on my Smart Controller.  I fly the M2 Zoom
2020-12-31
Use props
marcel_911
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18901 ft
United Kingdom

But the on off switch only seems to allow you to send or not send what you have manually entered into the spaces below. I thought the remote ID needed to show the current GPS location of the drone along with it's height/speed/direction etc the GPS location of the pilot?
2021-3-17
Use props
lvl.2
United States

I mean the point is most products have all the hardware including gps so I’m hoping it’s only require a firmware update to utilize the hardware for compliance
2021-3-17
Use props
djiuser_wXmGw4mc95x1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 167201 ft
United States

I hope we hear something soon. I’m holding off on purchasing an Air2s until I learn more.
2022-3-8
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

The only drone I have seen advertised as meeting the new RID requirements on the market is the FIMI X8SE 2022 model...

And I agree - I would not purchase a new drone unless I knew for certain that it met the new FAA requirements.

2022-3-10
Use props
fans45247932
lvl.1
Malaysia

RobZilla Posted at 2020-12-29 08:28

After upgrade firmware to V01.01.0920, under safety, I can't find this page in DJI FLY, could share how you come to this page?
2022-10-5
Use props
NightThunder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106020 ft
United States

RobZilla Posted at 2020-12-29 08:28

It's not functional. It may be functional in the future as all that is required is a firmware update for the MA2. From the FAA.
2022-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules