DO IT ALL Handle and Samsung S7
1205 4 2020-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Although the Samsung S7 is not on the approved list, and in fact it wasnt with the OP1 either - but the wireless module still worked.

Can i ask - has anyone tried the new do it all handle with an older smartphone like the S7 and does it work ok ?

Thanks.
2020-12-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MKosmo. Thank you for reaching out and for posting these information with regards to this use of your mobile device ( Samsung S7 ) to your DJI Pocket 2. I hope that our fellow DJI members who owns the DJI Pocket 2 together with the DJI Pocket 2 Do-It-All Handle and used the said mobile device can also share there experiences as well.  Rest assured that support for additional mobile devices available as testing and development continues. Kindly please refer to the DJI Mimo application product page for information regarding compatibility with specific devices. Thank you and keep on filming.

2020-12-29
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have an S7 and an S9.  It works with the S9 but not the S7 - too old I guess.
2020-12-30
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 12-30 07:53
I have an S7 and an S9.  It works with the S9 but not the S7 - too old I guess.

Hi Bleriot,  Thanks very much for that info - very useful to know.  
2020-12-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MKosmo Posted at 12-30 08:26
Hi Bleriot,  Thanks very much for that info - very useful to know.

No problem. I have a Galaxy Tab S2 as well and that won't connect either.  I've heard suggestions about the older devices being on the lower-frequency wifi band, but the DJI Mimo App shows the possibility of selecting either band, or AUTO select. None of the options works for me on the two older devices.  I suspect it's Planned Obsolescence.
2020-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules