Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Poor Sound Quality
2904 5 2020-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SLiWooDy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126234 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi

Hopefully someone can help me.
Running the Latest Firmware: 01.10.00.40

Now I am using the Offical DJi (well it was from their store) Audio adapter with the Rode Wireless Go system.
When I listen back to the recorded audio on the OSMO it sounds dull and muffled.
If I unplug the MIC mid recording and plug it back in it sounds perfect.

I have tested the Rode wireless Go on other devices and it sounds fine.
I have read online and other threads that a firmware fixed this exact issue, but I am running the latest firmware (or so it says)

ANy help appricatied, is there anyway to roll back the firmware and update to latest to see if this fixes my issue?

Also I cannot get the action to connec to my android phone to check for any updates...

OSMO Action, be good to me!

2020-12-29
Use props
SLiWooDy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126234 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ok just for anyone that maybe having issues with their OSMO Action, here is how I fixed my issue.

When I got my Osmo Action on Christmas day, I gave it a full charge and tested out the Mimo app, whereby it said it would update the firmware on the camera.
I left it and come back to find the camera off and the Mimo app still open, but no confirmation of the firmware being 100% completed.
I checked the firmware on the camera and it said : Firmware: 01.10.00.40
I guess it had updated successfully.

But now the fun and games begun. Lots of little niggles, for example, I turned the beep sound off when starting/stop recording only to find it reset next time it was turned on.
The Screen Switch button on the side would sometimes change the screen, sometimes it would change my video resolution settings.
The camera wouldn't connect to the Mimo app.
The external recorded Sound was awful.
Lots of lag on the screen.
Etc.
Basically lots of little gremlins.

I had a feeling that the firmware update had caused a few issues and whilst it was saying that I had the latest firmware I didn't believe it had completed 100% successfully.
After hours of researching, I found out that its near impossible to refresh your firmware.
So many many hours of searching, I managed to locate an older firmware version on this forum, hidden deep in its depths.
(unfortunately I cannot now locate that exact post)
I flashed the Camera to this previous version of firmware and then flashed it back to the latest version direct from the DJi Website (not Mimo App)
and WALLLA! The Osmo Action is now working perfectly fine! Sound as well.

I think what is happening is when the Mimo app updates the camera, if there is any kind of time out, maybe Wi-Fi outage or the camera timing out, then the firmware doesn't complete 100%, and even though the camera says it has the latest firmware installed, its not completed 100% and there is no way of refreshing the firmware.

I have a feeling Dji will be getting lots of customers with the same issue sending back their OSMO actions, because its unusable if they update the camera like I did.

Hopefully  this long post helps someone out!

2020-12-29
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

To Roll back, asking DJI, you must be firm. and not give up hope, they control our camera, not us. we bought a camera to use not be stuck with issues.  and when we find answers, we also do not hold back on how t we did it.

Step one.  Have older firmware https://www.dropbox.com/s/ixgrg0 ... 0firmware_2.7z?dl=0
Step two has the "proper" file that goes along with it.  OP  does not tell you   you will need the correct file  to get it on

3 load to camera, when  completed, deleted off the files.

this was how it is done, more or less its stared us in our faces all the time. LOl

I'll check older vs newer but the best way we should load the firmware is by the manual,  the camera works FINE!

2020-12-30
Use props
spitfirePT
lvl.2

Portugal

SLiWooDy Posted at 2020-12-29 23:14
Ok just for anyone that maybe having issues with their OSMO Action, here is how I fixed my issue.

When I got my Osmo Action on Christmas day, I gave it a full charge and tested out the Mimo app, whereby it said it would update the firmware on the camera.

Hi do you still have that old firmware saved? I have same issues and i want to revert and install from SDcard. Please send to geral@spitfirept.pt. thank you
2021-1-2
Use props
spitfirePT
lvl.2

Portugal

Fishycomics Posted at 2020-12-30 04:29
To Roll back, asking DJI, you must be firm. and not give up hope, they control our camera, not us. we bought a camera to use not be stuck with issues.  and when we find answers, we also do not hold back on how t we did it.

Step one.  Have older firmware https://www.dropbox.com/s/ixgrg0o6r0jhyhh/DJI%20firmware_2.7z?dl=0

Any chance you can share old firmware again?
2021-1-2
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

It is on my video and correctly there.   just DL it and enjoy whichever one you put on

2021-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules