MP2 still worth to buy or just wait for the 3. version?
934 18 2020-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PilotJan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16299 ft

Germany

Hey,
so do you think that the Mavic 3 will be come son? Like in a half year? Haven`t found and real announcement of DJI.
2020-12-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there PilotJan. Thank you for reaching out and for these inquiries. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future products releases for next year. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you for your support and please stay safe always.
2020-12-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

A Mavic 3 might come out next month, or maybe never.
No-one knows.
Does it do what you want/need better than any other DJI drone?
If yes, then buy it.
2020-12-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As you are in the EU,  the M2P will fall into the legacy category in a couple of days limiting where you can legally use it.  I'd wait for the Mavic 3 at this point.
2020-12-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 12-30 01:34
As you are in the EU,  the M2P will fall into the legacy category in a couple of days limiting where you can legally use it.  I'd wait for the Mavic 3 at this point.

I'd wait for the Mavic 3 at this point.
How long would you wait?
Phantom flyers have waited over 4 years since the P4 pro was released but still there's no P5.
If the OP wants/needs an M2, what's the point waiting for something that might never show up or might take years.
2020-12-30
Use props
EdM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you are going to wait on the 3 then why not just wait on the 4 or 5?  Surely they will be even better/
2020-12-30
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

M2P already an outdated product. It'll not receive FW updates for additional abilities/improvements. MA2 is a better option already in many points. DJI'll wait till the regulations all clear and will release M3P and keep it updated for about 2 years at least. So if you ask me, you can wait couple of months or buy a MA2 now.
2020-12-30
Use props
PilotJan
lvl.3

Germany

Yes... at the the moment I am renting the MA2 but I miss there some features like Waypoints... I also think that I can wait some time for the M3
2020-12-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 12-30 02:43
I'd wait for the Mavic 3 at this point.
How long would you wait?
Phantom flyers have waited over 4 years since the P4 pro was released but still there's no P5.

Id wait as come next week were are very limited where we can legally fly it.
2020-12-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KnNLmS Posted at 12-30 04:39
M2P already an outdated product. It'll not receive FW updates for additional abilities/improvements. MA2 is a better option already in many points. DJI'll wait till the regulations all clear and will release M3P and keep it updated for about 2 years at least. So if you ask me, you can wait couple of months or buy a MA2 now.

MA2 also becomes very limited next week where it can be flown, the only safe.legal option would be the new mini 2.
2020-12-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PilotJan Posted at 12-30 05:05
Yes... at the the moment I am renting the MA2 but I miss there some features like Waypoints... I also think that I can wait some time for the M3

Waypoints have been added to the maven app and will soon be added to Litchi,  but come next week the MA2 is still legally limited. The only legal option is going to be the Mini 2.
2020-12-30
Use props
PilotJan
lvl.3

Germany

DAFlys Posted at 12-30 06:11
Waypoints have been added to the maven app and will soon be added to Litchi,  but come next week the MA2 is still legally limited. The only legal option is going to be the Mini 2.

I only heared that you have to do a flying licence if the drone is over 250. But yeah, firstly I will wait and see what will be allowed and what not.
EDIT: Well, now I read  that the big difference  between Mini 2 and MA2/M3 is that, you will need the small EU-drone-licence, you Must have a distance of 30m from humans and a distance from 150m to Residential areas.
2020-12-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PilotJan Posted at 12-30 06:45
I only heared that you have to do a flying licence if the drone is over 250. But yeah, firstly I will wait and see what will be allowed and what not.
EDIT: Well, now I read  that the big difference  between Mini 2 and MA2/M3 is that, you will need the small EU-drone-licence, you Must have a distance of 30m from humans and a distance from 150m to Residential areas.

Not just 150 from residential, it also includes parks, recreation areas, industrial and commercial areas.
2020-12-30
Use props
PilotJan
lvl.3

Germany

DAFlys Posted at 12-30 07:12
Not just 150 from residential, it also includes parks, recreation areas, industrial and commercial areas.

The think is that I would only take pictures from Hauses for a Company... Mini 2 would fit my needs, but are this 150 also important if I fly on the land of the company? Like if there are others houses next to one house of the company my I still fly?

If yes I would buy MA2 or wait for M3, if not I think mini 2 would be better...
2020-12-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PilotJan Posted at 12-30 07:41
The think is that I would only take pictures from Hauses for a Company... Mini 2 would fit my needs, but are this 150 also important if I fly on the land of the company? Like if there are others houses next to one house of the company my I still fly?

If yes I would buy MA2 or wait for M3, if not I think mini 2 would be better...

As it currently stands to operate commercially for a company requires a licence and insurance and that would change the rules on how close you can be.
2020-12-30
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
  • >>>
Turkey

MM2 is just a toy still. There is missing smart fly capabilities and obstacle avoidance. It also will definitely have some limitations to fly. The rules not clear yet but i don't think that MM2 can fly urban areas freely in near future.  
2020-12-30
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

MM2 is far from a toy.
2020-12-30
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
  • >>>
Turkey

And i forget to indicate; video transmition capabilities and range also very limited on MM2.

All in all best thing to do is waiting for M3P, i'm sure it wll include all the latest regulations. But if you ask me, even DJI don't know when.
2020-12-30
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Oracle Miata Posted at 12-30 12:18
MM2 is far from a toy.

Can't agree more, and it's not a beginner's drone either, except for its price. In my opinion, there's no such thing as a beginner's drone. Beginners need to learn all the basics and acquire all the good habits first, or we'll keep seeing all these posts regarding flyaways, ocean landings, and drones crashing themselves...
2020-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules