Testing Micro Windjammers on DJI Pocket 2
2252 9 2020-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
northaal
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I was inspired by an earlier contribution from Kupoakupoa where he fitted Micro Windjammers (Dead Kittens?) to his pocket 2 to reduce ambient wind noise on the built-in 4 microphones in the Pocket 2. I duly purchased them and now have them fitted. I performed a controlled Before and After test using a desk fan indoors. The Wind Noise Reduction setting on the Pocket 2 was turned off. The difference in sound quality was remarkable after fitting the Windjammers. I have since tested them outside with equaly good results. Theyhave survived being placed in and out of the Pocket 2 case, although I do not see this case as a long term solution. I am looking for a suitable Gimbal & Screen cover like I had on my Pocket 1.
A search on Amazon for "micro windjammers" should find the items needed.
2020-12-29
Use props
northaal
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I have created a video to demonstrate the above but I cannot get it published. Any help on how to do this will be appreciated.
2020-12-29
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

northaal Posted at 12-29 11:57
I have created a video to demonstrate the above but I cannot get it published. Any help on how to do this will be appreciated.

You have to upload videos to a video hosting service like YouTube and then link the video to here.
2020-12-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there northaal. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. You may try check our DJI Where To Buy platform on this link ( https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy ) to see if the said gimbal & screen cover for your DJI Pocket 2 that you need is available. In addition, I hope that you can get some recommendations from our DJI members with regards to this inquiry. Thank you and please be safe always.
2020-12-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sounds like a nice video.
Just create a youtube account and upload it there.
After that you can share the video link here.

(http://www.youtube.com .....)
2020-12-30
Use props
northaal
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Have copied video to YouTube
2020-12-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

northaal Posted at 12-30 04:14
Have copied video to YouTube https://youtu.be/FVUNYO-EOnI

Nice video showing your wind test results.
2020-12-30
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

It clearly works well.  But it must be fiddly to attach the one below the screen - not much space there.  A suggestion - if you include "DJI Pocket 2" in the title of your video it will show up on YouTube for anyone searching for the latest Pocket 2 videos.
2020-12-30
Use props
Fabian K.
New

Germany

Hey, does anyone know which product or manufacturer this is exactly?  I can't find any that small.
2023-7-28
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

The difference is certainly dramatic! Where did you find these and how much did they cost? Also, how easy or hard is it to remove/reattach these?
2023-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules