2947 10 2020-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maurycyorlik
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11250 ft
Poland

Hi there!

I have a weird problem with my new Mavic. The drone from the very beginning has problems connecting to the controller.  For this to work, it must be restarted alternately with the controller until they connect..

After a successful connection, practically every time you fly (mainly when using intelligent modes), the controller after some time show the icon that it is looking for a drone (does not display "connecting", just the icon of the controller range "wave" as when looking for a drone, and the drone stops what it was doing  e.g. Hyperlapse and hovers motionless, often without saving this video).  Neither the drone nor the application reports any errors.  Once this is done, HD preview is working and the drone can be controlled.  Not once have I experienced image breakage or no response to controls.  Despite this, the application ceases to be responsive, it does not take a picture, make a movie, exit / enter intelligent modes.  You cannot tilt the camera.  In other words, the controller and app don't show flight data like speed etc, don't take photos, don't respond to gimbal controls, don't work smart modes.  I only have preview and control of the joysticks.

After the restart, it is usually no longer going to connect them together and you have to look for luck again by restarting the drone and the controller.  Let me add that when the drone cannot find the controller, the pairing button does not work (does not turn red) and the re-pairing procedure (BINDING) does not work.  However, when the controller finds the drone, I can turn the controller on and off many times and they connect without problem every time.  Then the pairing button also works and immediately after clicking, they will turn red and you can easily perform pairing (BINDING).  It looks as if the drone crashes from time to time and does not respond to the controller and the pairing button.  After the flight with the above problems, the pairing button also does not work (the red light does not light up).

Below is a link to a video with a successful pairing, showing loss of connectivity (in the process of hyperlapse) and an attempt to restart, reconnect, and finally complete no connection.  In the video, red LEDs flash from the back due to low battery level, normally with such loss of connection, the drone shows the normal status with green LEDs, as if nothing bad ever happened.

Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max - the latest iOS, up-to-date application, logged in

What has already been done:
- Update everything by phone and from Mac
- Reinstalling the iOS application
- Checking another iPhone
- Connecting the iPhone via the USB port to the controller
- Downgrade the Mavic 2 Pro and controller
- Another upgrade
- Multiple pairing via the application and via button shortcuts on the controller
- Flight attempt with and without a phone
- Attempting to connect with and without a phone
- battery level does not matter, the problem occurs even with 90% of the battery
- Flight with and without an SD card.  Not relevant
- Flight in different locations, also fields without any disturbance

I will contact customer support, but wanted to know anyone expected that. That's a brand new bird.

2020-12-29
Use props
ECL_Wolf
New
Chile

Hello Friend, I also had that problem once, try to update firmware, or directly contact DJI, now my drone does nothing, no connection with the controller, no image. And my mavic is also new. I hope this is not your problem.
2020-12-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Maurycyorlik. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different recommended mobile device for your DJI Mavic 2 Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application to see is the issue will still persists? Thank you.
2020-12-29
Use props
Maurycyorlik
lvl.1
Poland

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-29 20:53
Hello there Maurycyorlik. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different recommended mobile device for your DJI Mavic 2 Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application to see is the issue will still persists? Thank you.

Yes, iPhone X. Same thing. Even tried to fly without a phone, just a controller. It didn’t disconnect, so I thought it’s the phone, but after I’ve landed, I just turned everything off, switched to a fresh battery and after switching on They didn’t want to connect, pairing button didn’t work... Had to restart the drone a couple of times to finally connect to my controller. When it did, I’ve checked if the pairing works and yes, after pressing that button instant red light and instant successful binding.

It’s just like I’ve wrote - mavic on boot either works perfectly and then something weird is happening to it’s communication in flight or that thing just happens on boot and you have to restart it again and again...
2020-12-29
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Maurycyorlik Posted at 12-29 22:52
Yes, iPhone X. Same thing. Even tried to fly without a phone, just a controller. It didn’t disconnect, so I thought it’s the phone, but after I’ve landed, I just turned everything off, switched to a fresh battery and after switching on They didn’t want to connect, pairing button didn’t work... Had to restart the drone a couple of times to finally connect to my controller. When it did, I’ve checked if the pairing works and yes, after pressing that button instant red light and instant successful binding.

It’s just like I’ve wrote - mavic on boot either works perfectly and then something weird is happening to it’s communication in flight or that thing just happens on boot and you have to restart it again and again...

Maurycy, zamiast walczyć z upartym dronem który najwyraźniej odmawia współpracy, zażądaj w sklepie wymiany na pełnosprawny. Masz na to 7 dni od daty zakupu. W przeciwnym wypadku DJI zaleci ci wysłać drona do naprawy, w czym nie ma nic złego. Robią to dość szybko i sprawnie.
2020-12-29
Use props
Maurycyorlik
lvl.1
Poland

Heh, wczoraj zgłoszone, czekam na odzew. Niestety zakup na FV i już 3 tyg po zakupie, wiec tylko gwarancja wchodzi w grę. Dzięki! Piszę tu bardziej dla zapewnienia/późniejszej pomocy innym, bo takiego problemu jeszcze nie widziałem w sieci.
2020-12-29
Use props
Maurycyorlik
lvl.1
Poland

Video showing a "hang" on boot, no connection and not working pair button. Followed by a restart and a good boot.

2020-12-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Maurycyorlik Posted at 12-29 22:52
Yes, iPhone X. Same thing. Even tried to fly without a phone, just a controller. It didn’t disconnect, so I thought it’s the phone, but after I’ve landed, I just turned everything off, switched to a fresh battery and after switching on They didn’t want to connect, pairing button didn’t work... Had to restart the drone a couple of times to finally connect to my controller. When it did, I’ve checked if the pairing works and yes, after pressing that button instant red light and instant successful binding.

It’s just like I’ve wrote - mavic on boot either works perfectly and then something weird is happening to it’s communication in flight or that thing just happens on boot and you have to restart it again and again...

Hi there Maurycyorlik. Thank you for the reply and for these additional information you have given. Since you have done several troubleshooting step that would fix and rectify the said issue and still the issue persist. I would recommended for you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance with regards to this matter. Again I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for your understanding.
2020-12-31
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maurycyorlik Posted at 12-30 00:14
Video showing a "hang" on boot, no connection and not working pair button. Followed by a restart and a good boot.

https://youtu.be/soWqeYCmqjo

You have to hold the bind button on the drone for a bit until it turns red and the computer when doing a firmware update through has to be reliable.
2020-12-31
Use props
Maurycyorlik
lvl.1
Poland

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-12-31 22:18
Hi there Maurycyorlik. Thank you for the reply and for these additional information you have given. Since you have done several troubleshooting step that would fix and rectify the said issue and still the issue persist. I would recommended for you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance with regards to this matter. Again I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for your understanding.

It's in Polish DJI Service. I have been told, that probably it will go to Germany for testing... And it will probably take 2-6 weeks. Great service... New drone, faulty out of the box - opened 3 weeks after purchase (Christmas) so I couldn't return it... Ehh. I will inform you what was broken if someone else had such problems.
2021-1-5
Use props
Maurycyorlik
lvl.1
Poland

The drone is back after almost a month. Faulty motherboard. It was replaced to a new one.
2021-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules