mavic mini fly away
1275 7 2020-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_X2DN6J0D5Y1x
lvl.2
Flight distance : 236549 ft

United Kingdom

hi,hope someone caan help.flew out today,lost signal and couldndt get back home due to high wind.
find my drone shows the location but when i get near and try to start flashing and buzzing i gat a message that the aircraft is not connected.
i have searched all around but no sign.I have attached the flight log.
Any ideas?cheers.

flight data.zip

802.29 KB, Down times: 6

2020-12-29
Use props
Darylk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2549836 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I've lost drones from lost connections, bird strike and turning off sensors (all = stupidity)

Past experience, you need to move fast,
Check video to spot where might be
Check flight logs (pre find my drone)
Look for bits of plastic from crash, kids sometimes run off with parts that can be recycled
Make a police report for stolen drone (handy for travel insurance)
2020-12-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Mini. Since this unfortunate incident happened to the said DJI drone. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry for your loss and thank you for your understanding.
2020-12-29
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Once the battery on the drone is exhausted, the find-my-drone buzzer cannot work. You could look at the last recorded position of the drone when it went down.  I found my MPP up a tree after four days. None the worse for wear and flew OK afterwards.  Getting it down was the funny bit.
2020-12-30
Use props
djiuser_X2DN6J0D5Y1x
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi,thanks for the reply.the find my drone position is outside of the flight path.i have visited the FMD Position but no luck.i think i have exhausted all options and will have to concede that i cocked up.
Everything went wrong including my RTH being too high and suffering high wind,my iphone running out of battery.i supposed pushing the mini to its limits comes with risks and i have paid with losing it.

Cheers again.Gary.
2020-12-30
Use props
djiuser_X2DN6J0D5Y1x
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 12-30 06:16
Once the battery on the drone is exhausted, the find-my-drone buzzer cannot work. You could look at the last recorded position of the drone when it went down.  I found my MPP up a tree after four days. None the worse for wear and flew OK afterwards.  Getting it down was the funny bit.

hi,one more thing.When i explore the FMD area i get a message saying aircraft not connected.Does this mean it is not nearby?

Cheers.
2020-12-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_X2DN6J0D5Y1x Posted at 12-30 07:56
hi,one more thing.When i explore the FMD area i get a message saying aircraft not connected.Does this mean it is not nearby?

Cheers.

If you've lost connection, then it's unlikely to re-acquire connection after this length of time, I would think. Your only options are to hope the buzzer was activated and is still bleeping, go to the last known position of the drone and see if you can spot it or hear the bleeping. If it was yesterday, I'd say the chances are slim to nil
2020-12-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try posting your log here - http://phantomhelp.com/logviewer/
2021-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now