POLL: New firmware (28.12.20) cause battery drain faster?
2036 28 2020-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Moshe.mmm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1320098 ft
  • >>>
Israel

Single SelectVote, Total 21 people participate in voting
4.76% (1)
95.24% (20)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2020-12-29
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Are you referring to the 0700 firmware released on 16/12/2020? Or the latest one released on 28/12/2020?
2020-12-29
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm not sure what the question is with this survey. Is it about the automatic discharge rate? Or the flight time consumption? Before this update, I had no automatic discharge at all. The Mini 2 battery stayed at full charge for at least 10 days. I have not yet noticed if that is working now.
2020-12-29
Use props
Moshe.mmm
Second Officer
  • >>>
Israel

Monkey007 Posted at 12-29 17:33
Are you referring to the 0700 firmware released on 16/12/2020? Or the latest one released on 28/12/2020?

Latest one
2020-12-29
Use props
Moshe.mmm
Second Officer
  • >>>
Israel

GaryDoug Posted at 12-29 20:05
I'm not sure what the question is with this survey. Is it about the automatic discharge rate? Or the flight time consumption? Before this update, I had no automatic discharge at all. The Mini 2 battery stayed at full charge for at least 10 days. I have not yet noticed if that is working now.

Flight time
2020-12-29
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Too early to tell.
2020-12-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Moshe.mmm. Thank you for reaching out and for creating this poll. I hope that our DJI co pilots can give out there insights with regards to this matter. Thank you for your support and please stay safe always.
2020-12-29
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A lot of the reduced flight time is because we are in many parts of the world now in winter and the cold affects how long the battery will last
2020-12-29
Use props
Debugger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4865846 ft
  • >>>
Greece

GaryDoug Posted at 12-29 20:05

The automatic discharge worked for me since the first day I got it, almost a month now.
2020-12-30
Use props
Tharg (from the Planet 'Thring&#
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Stupid, meaningless and misleading without quoting what version of firmware. “Latest” is not definitive.
2020-12-30
Use props
Moshe.mmm
Second Officer
  • >>>
Israel

Tharg (from the Planet 'Thring&# Posted at 12-30 03:50
Stupid, meaningless and misleading without quoting what version of firmware. “Latest” is not definitive.

Thanks for your kind words...

Latest is not defenetiv? Why not?
2020-12-30
Use props
djiuser_267jcyL97zif
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15738737 ft
Bulgaria

Looking at my airdata logs, the batteries are performing better after 28 Dec update. Previously 26-28 min, now 28-30 min on average.
2020-12-31
Use props
Tharg from the Planet #39Thring#39
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Moshe.mmm Posted at 12-30 04:28
Thanks for your kind words...

Latest is not defenetiv? Why not?

Because without quoting a software version people may believe they are on the “latest” version especially when there have been different versions released in quick succession.

It isn’t rocket science - just quote the bloody firmware version number instead of “latest” or “new” or “newest” or “updated”

That way your poll might get correct responses and accurate results.
2020-12-31
Use props
djiuser_WpD2lOJLRBIJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1476125 ft
United States

Tharg from the Planet #39Thring#39 Posted at 12-31 07:00
Because without quoting a software version people may believe they are on the “latest” version especially when there have been different versions released in quick succession.

It isn’t rocket science - just quote the bloody firmware version number instead of “latest” or “new” or “newest” or “updated”

You sound triggered bro.chill out. It’s a simple question.has your battery drained faster since the last time you updated your version.if your not on the latest version you probably wouldn’t be clicking on the thread to begin with. You sound like a dick  bro.and the whole British thing you got going on is ignorant as hell.chill out.the guys looking for insight and sharing his experiences with us on this forum and instead of using it to educate yourself your over here criticizing basic ....you coulda simply asked him what firmware he’s operating on.have a nice day
2020-12-31
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Tharg (from the Planet 'Thring&# Posted at 12-30 03:50

Talk about a stupid post. It meant the latest as of his post data and time. Read.
Besides that, he confirmed it was the 12/28 release. If you really want to know the number, just check this release note document: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t& ... q-wvP_kn81EJWQcDF_u

2020-12-31
Use props
djiuser_LSA2v8XVnCFw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

I’ve noticed a bit less flight time with the very latest update
2020-12-31
Use props
Moshe.mmm
Second Officer
  • >>>
Israel

djiuser_WpD2lOJLRBIJ Posted at 2020-12-31 18:48
You sound triggered bro.chill out. It’s a simple question.has your battery drained faster since the last time you updated your version.if your not on the latest version you probably wouldn’t be clicking on the thread to begin with. You sound like a dick  bro.and the whole British thing you got going on is ignorant as hell.chill out.the guys looking for insight and sharing his experiences with us on this forum and instead of using it to educate yourself your over here criticizing basic ....you coulda simply asked him what firmware he’s operating on.have a nice day

Thanks man. Appreciate that.
2021-1-1
Use props
Moshe.mmm
Second Officer
  • >>>
Israel

GaryDoug Posted at 2020-12-31 19:05
Talk about a stupid post. It meant the latest as of his post data and time. Read.
Besides that, he confirmed it was the 12/28 release. If you really want to know the number, just check this release note document: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjS1-Og4fntAhVvuVkKHUDyAC8QFjABegQIBhAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fdl.djicdn.com%2Fdownloads%2FDJI_Mini_2%2F20201228%2FDJI_Mini_2_Release_Notes_EN.pdf&usg=AOvVaw0igq-wvP_kn81EJWQcDF_u

Thanks friend, appreciate your words.
2021-1-1
Use props
Moshe.mmm
Second Officer
  • >>>
Israel

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-12-29 21:04
Hello there Moshe.mmm. Thank you for reaching out and for creating this poll. I hope that our DJI co pilots can give out there insights with regards to this matter. Thank you for your support and please stay safe always.

Thanks Dji Stephen.
Can you please make a new firmware  post as always when you make a new one?
I think there are 2 new firmwares that came out without you posting about it.

2021-1-1
Use props
Moshe.mmm
Second Officer
  • >>>
Israel

Tharg from the Planet #39Thring#39 Posted at 2020-12-31 07:00
Because without quoting a software version people may believe they are on the “latest” version especially when there have been different versions released in quick succession.

I have added the date of the firmrware to the post topic. relax friend.

I don't kmow the fw version as for some reason Dji dont make a new post as always for the a new firmware.
Now I saw some posted that there is even a newer one released on on 2021.
2021-1-1
Use props
Lisa3
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Subjective poll if there ever was but maybe that’s all you’re looking for?
You would need a lot of controls in place if you’re looking for accuracy.
2021-1-1
Use props
Tharg from the Planet #39Thring#39
lvl.4
United Kingdom

djiuser_WpD2lOJLRBIJ Posted at 2020-12-31 18:48
You sound triggered bro.chill out. It’s a simple question.has your battery drained faster since the last time you updated your version.if your not on the latest version you probably wouldn’t be clicking on the thread to begin with. You sound like a dick  bro.and the whole British thing you got going on is ignorant as hell.chill out.the guys looking for insight and sharing his experiences with us on this forum and instead of using it to educate yourself your over here criticizing basic ....you coulda simply asked him what firmware he’s operating on.have a nice day

Thanks dude bro. You sound totally rad man. Are you Dude Crush?

No, the ‘English thing’ as you so eloquently phrase it, is not arrogance, and my body temperature is within acceptable range so I am not ‘chilled’ nor too hot. However, thank you for your concern.

2021-1-1
Use props
djiuser_WpD2lOJLRBIJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1476125 ft
United States

Tharg from the Planet #39Thring#39 Posted at 1-1 06:13
Thanks dude bro. You sound totally rad man. Are you Dude Crush?

No, the ‘English thing’ as you so eloquently phrase it, is not arrogance, and my body temperature is within acceptable range so I am not ‘chilled’ nor too hot. However, thank you for your concern.

Yea ur ignorant as they come.and "dude bro?" Up here in massachussetts we call people bro out of respect.its a term.like "hey buddy" or "hey my friend". As far as the dude thing i didint see that in my post.and chill out is a term to express concern about your current mood state.like being "hot headed". Which you clearly are. This is a place we come to share knowledge. Not bash people for the way they phrase their posts.i hope you find some peace in your life.because you seem very uncomfortable with mature human to human communication. Best of luck man.
2021-1-1
Use props
Lisa3
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_WpD2lOJLRBIJ Posted at 1-1 08:35
Yea ur ignorant as they come.and "dude bro?" Up here in massachussetts we call people bro out of respect.its a term.like "hey buddy" or "hey my friend". As far as the dude thing i didint see that in my post.and chill out is a term to express concern about your current mood state.like being "hot headed". Which you clearly are. This is a place we come to share knowledge. Not bash people for the way they phrase their posts.i hope you find some peace in your life.because you seem very uncomfortable with mature human to human communication. Best of luck man.

Hi bro.
I’ve come to learn, on this forum, that neither facts or opinions really matter.

Some, not all (90%, this seems to be a common percentage based on nothing but is used an awful lot), will do everything to argue against a fact to suit their narrative.
Opinions, you can’t have one unless it aligns with theirs.

Happy New Year
2021-1-1
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

I’ve had other issues but battery run down rate remains the same.  Ignore the trolls, fortunately many people on this forum are here to help.
2021-1-1
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

which version of the firmware are you referring to?
2021-1-1
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

I'm on 01.02.0100 and I don't think the update had any impact at all on the battery duration.

2021-1-1
Use props
jackparlo
lvl.1

India

BroChill Apk is also the best way to download and share status.
2021-2-23
Use props
aykutaltindag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27687 ft
Turkey

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 1-1 09:47
I'm on 01.02.0100 and I don't think the update had any impact at all on the battery duration.

İ join you
2021-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules