Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bcharleson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 521811 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello DJI and community,

I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue that I have no idea how it happened. I have the DJI RS2 Kit with the supplied focus motor and it worked great when first received. Haven't even been able to take it on any real shoots yet, just testing and getting acquainted with it.  

Today, I received the 3D focus module and connected it to the focus motor, and the other end to the RS2 (middle port) with the supplied USB-C cables. Some how, the focus motor itself is blinking red and does not respond at all. The 3D focus module illuminates green but the focus motor continues to blink red.

To troubleshoot, I configured the focus motor to the way I had it originally when it worked (which was focus motor directly to the gimbal middle port) via the supplied USB-C cable, and still the same result of not responding (flashing red). I've tried swapping the supplied cables around and still nothing. I've only used the supplied cables in the kit. I have the dial set to "Focus Motor" and it worked about a month ago when I first got it.

Did this focus motor go bad already or am I missing something?
2020-12-29
Use props
bcharleson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 521811 ft
  • >>>
United States

Got it figured out! Looks like it was a firmware upgrade issue.
2020-12-30
Use props
djiuser_GmQUf0U6nWbB
New
Italy

Hi! I've the same issue. How did you upgrade? Since I upgrade before to install the 3d Focus sistem, when I install the 3d focus it appers on the ronin screen "firmware update" but it seems like a firmware error and now the focus motor has a red blink light
2021-1-26
Use props
codypchristian
New
Flight distance : 17795 ft
United States

I'm also having this same issue using the latest firmware version that the app told me to update to, I updated everything successfully and still have the same issue as the OP. Green on 3D Focus and flashing Red on the motor. However if I double tap the button on the 3D Focus it will calibrate the motor. Doing this from the gimbal results in a error. If I unplug the 3D Focus and use just the motor then it works fine.
2021-3-4
Use props
fans8d0bc18e
New

Saudi Arabia

I’m having the exact same issue, can someone help us out here ?  

DJI where you at ?!

Has anyone figured out a way to RE-update the firmware ?
2021-3-5
Use props
djiuser_OUg2CnsB0SF0
New
United States

I e-mailed support about a similar issue a few days ago and haven't heard anything back yet.  Same symptoms, worked fine a week ago (when it was brand new).  Installed the 3D focus, did the firmware upgrade the app was pushing.  Now the focus motor will have a solid green light until you to try to do anything with the focus motor, then it goes to a jerky non-smooth constant rotation with sporadically blinking red light.  

App does not say there are any firmware updates, and the motor no longer works attached directly to the gimbal either.  Frustrating to say the least
2021-3-9
Use props
djiuser_4MP8vecbyltt
New

United States

Hugh
Same exact issue after upgrading!
2021-9-25
Use props
djiuser_4MP8vecbyltt
New

United States

I found the cause and the solution!
This is a firmware upgrading issue, though your gimble display says upgrading is done or completed but it’s been left uncompleted somehow! Try to reset your gimble by turning it off and on till you see  upgrading cycle on screen, most likely you see that the process is done +-80% and it’s uncompleted, wait till is done 100% and then confirm it. If failed repeat the same process.
2021-9-25
Use props
Gd小猪
lvl.2
Flight distance : 678609 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

You can check:
1. Wire connection, it is best to add pictures.
2. Is the firmware up to date?
2021-9-25
Use props
djiuser_BgSfq7igkPYT
New

United States

you have to swipe down on the menu and go to settings. then check the focus motor button. whalaaaa!
2021-10-15
Use props
Wrathen
New

Australia

As per User above - It looks like the Dial Functions on the RS2 have changed either by Firmware upgrade or in my case simply by the focus motor getting stuck while trying to focus.

On your DJI RS2 Menu screen, Swipe Up then tap on Dial Functions and make sure this is still set to the correct setting,  in my case Focus Motor (it had changed itself mid use to Aperture??).

Hope this works for you.

2021-11-7
Use props
mileshkin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9266709 ft
Russia

"then it goes to a jerky non-smooth constant rotation with sporadically blinking red light" - same happened with my RS2 focus motor today.. Tried everything - nothing solves the problem.
2022-1-15
Use props
fans2498010f
New

United States

Did you ever find the solution? I am having this exact issue.
2023-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules