Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 1.2.6/1.2.8 Firmware Update Issues and Resolutions
42602 270 2015-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MarcoR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316335 ft
Italy

I agree klimon, but what i wonder how DJI testers check beta/alpha firmware before giving the go ahead to the developer, some defects are obvious and involve the majority of users.
Just for example, the "IMU calibrations in extremely cold environments" are something ridiculous, and if DJI not put a "warning" in the app many users do this thing in hot environments, compromising the "good" factory calibration.
These are hings that developers should consider imho...
2015-7-16
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

MarcoR Posted at 2015-7-17 15:29
I agree klimon, but what i wonder how DJI testers check beta/alpha firmware before giving the go ahe ...

You can always become one of the beta testers.  You just need to sign up.
2015-7-16
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-7-17 15:52

Where? PM me...
2015-7-17
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dji.centercode.com/signup,
2015-7-17
Use props
sdharris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 384967 ft
United Kingdom

stevedunk Posted at 2015-7-17 04:26
Who is Tahoe, Ed and why is he being so disrespectful to individuals who have invested in the P3,  ...

I think this just demonstrates some people are naturally suited to customer support and others are not.
2015-7-17
Use props
MarcoR
lvl.4
Italy

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-7-17 16:04
dji.centercode.com/signup,

Joined, thanks...
2015-7-17
Use props
dangtrungyb
lvl.1

Vietnam

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-7-16 14:49
The gimbal overload issue is a misreporting from the App.  It will have no effect when flying.  Pl ...

My P3A .. when App ntc: Gimbal moto overloaded  => video very shake... I think .. 1.2.8 FW not 1.2.0 App
2015-7-17
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dangtrungyb Posted at 2015-7-17 18:40
My P3A .. when App ntc: Gimbal moto overloaded  => video very shake... I think .. 1.2.8 FW not 1.2 ...

It that is the case for you then I would contact DJI and open a ticket.  I have experienced the gimbal overload issue and it had no effect on my video.
2015-7-17
Use props
rivera_albert
lvl.3
Flight distance : 377966 ft
United States

MarcoR Posted at 2015-7-17 14:49
@Tahoe_Ed: i tried three Phantom 3 "out-of-the-box" and all have the same "roll tilted" issue, are y ...

Your video looks just like the one I took yesterday.  I have tried every suggestion I found on this forum, but Im still dealing with the tilted horizon.  Im hoping the new firmware that is about to be released fixes the problem.  I have been holding back on sending the Phantom for repair.  I don't want to have to wait for many weeks & in the meantime a new firmware takes care of the problem.  But I am leaning towards getting an RMA # and send it in.
2015-7-17
Use props
dangtrungyb
lvl.1

Vietnam

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-7-17 23:12
It that is the case for you then I would contact DJI and open a ticket.  I have experienced the gi ...

Not only me. Mine, my friend, and many people ... U can see in video
2015-7-17
Use props
rey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 801827 ft
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-7-17 15:52

My P3P is in for repair in Torrance with an issue of "no signal" and losing video signal. I have not address the horizon tilt issue which I am also having after several cold IMU's calibrations. My question is, will they check on that also? or I have to call them and let them know that I am having that problem as well? I would appreciate your response. Thank you.
2015-7-17
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

klimon@equitabl Posted at 2015-7-17 15:20
DJI - Autumn,
May I ask what possible reason can DJI have not to allow a user to downgrade to ANY p ...

I fully agree.  There is absolutely NO REASON for DJI's current version checking lock.

Thousands of DJI customers would be able to re-load the firmware version that works best for them instead of sitting on the ground complaining to EVERYONE while waiting for DJI to release a new version next month...

Cusotmers are demanding the ability to downgrade or re-install firmware at will.  The current policy of forced version checking is hurting DJI's reputation and gnerating thousands of angry customers who spread negative reports to everyone they know...  It's extremely BAD press for DJI.

Please REMOVE the version checking lock on all future versions and re-post 1.1.8 and 1.1.9 as new versions without the version chekcing lock.
2015-7-17
Use props
looxonline
lvl.2

South Africa

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-7-18 02:31
I fully agree.  There is absolutely NO REASON for DJI's current version checking lock.

Thousands o ...

Could be that the new firmware performs some sort of internal memory re-map which would render the new memory map incompatible with the old firmware.

We develop products and it is for this reason that we are sometimes unable to roll back.
2015-7-17
Use props
Trilithon
lvl.2

United States

A previous post got me thinking, the post about rolling back the versions with some special .bin file.

It was stated that not all of the components get updated during an upgrade. And some owners are not seeing any issues with their birds once the update is complete ... luckily I am one of those.

Now, when I upgraded mine - I broke it. I interrupted the update process accidentally and had to take extra steps to get it back functional. I wonder if the P3 executes another routine when this happens and reloads the update completely or differently?

Would be interesting to hear how many of the users that boned the first update have issues after getting the bird back up and running.

Just some random thoughts.
2015-7-17
Use props
stevedunk
lvl.2

United States

1.1.8 was the ideal P3 fw.  No drift, no gimbal overload warnings, no weak signal warnings, no strange gimbal noises while on the ground, no blackouts. Thanks 1.2.6 for putting the P3 in the hospital..
2015-7-17
Use props
kriley50
lvl.2

United States

If I could just go back to an older Firmware I would be happy for Now.   My Bird is grounded and has been for weeks.  DJI - Please release an update so I can revert back and start flying!
2015-7-17
Use props
bgundu
lvl.1
Canada

I have serious issues trying to update my firmware. It begins ok but after 30 seconds just wirly sounds. I let this run until the battery ran out. The log file says failed. I also have no video feed on my iOS app either. However, the firmware version according to the IOS app says its the latest. These are issues from out of the box. Feeling sad
2015-7-18
Use props
REBELimgs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46483 ft
United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-7-7 15:13
For customers with cracks in their shell, now we already got a solution for you. Please contact sup ...

Care to share with the rest of us?
2015-7-18
Use props
jfan2803
lvl.1

United States

Can you please send the bin file to me at jfan2803@gmail.com. I really need to get my p3a more reliable before
2015-7-19
Use props
jfan2803
lvl.1

United States

Before I take a trip and fly it over the ocean and lose it
2015-7-19
Use props
jfan2803
lvl.1

United States

I take my p3a to the beach and lose it in the ocean due to the unreliable download that I have on it now
2015-7-19
Use props
stevedunk
lvl.2

United States

Oh my. What is going on today with the blackouts from 30 ft away. Gone thru 2 batteries and had to perform emergency return to home 2 times. The Quad was within visual distance and would not display an actual real time FPV. What did I purchase????
2015-7-19
Use props
stevedunk
lvl.2

United States

Please email me the bin file for 1.1.8! Please DJI !!!
2015-7-19
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

rey@globalseafo Posted at 2015-7-18 01:25
My P3P is in for repair in Torrance with an issue of "no signal" and losing video signal. I have n ...

I would recommend you call and let them know.
Sorry to hear you are having these problems with your P3P.
2015-7-19
Use props
lorenzo.de.jong
lvl.2

Netherlands

Are there any updates regarding the release date of the new firmware version?
2015-7-20
Use props
mr_p3p
lvl.1

Belize

lorenzo.de.jong Posted at 2015-7-20 23:49

Ditto. I bought my P3P and have it parked since I got it because of the faults users have been sharing on the new 1.1.6
2015-7-20
Use props
Phantom Help
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

stevedunk Posted at 2015-7-20 06:46
Please email me the bin file for 1.1.8! Please DJI !!!

P3 Advanced: http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_3/en/Phantom_3_Advanced_Firmware_v1.1.8_en.zip
P3 Professional:
http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_3/en/Phantom_3_Professional_Firmware_v1.1.8_en.zip

Note: The above firmware can only be installed if you're upgrading. You cannot use it to downgrade.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)

2015-7-20
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

lorenzo.de.jong Posted at 2015-7-20 23:49

Not at this time.
Sorry.
2015-7-20
Use props
tschutz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 349298 ft
United States

This is bleeding edge technology. If you are not comfortable in this arena or want a bug free unit, stay on the sideline for another year. The reason I'm visiting here is to figure out a way to downgrade the firmware to factory default. My suggestion is for DJI to embed the firmware in the system so you can go back. Then allow two versions to be loaded, the most recent code and another update. That way if I do a update that isn't so hot, I can go back to the previous version. If both fail, I can go to factory default.
2015-7-20
Use props
rey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 801827 ft
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-7-20 14:12
I would recommend you call and let them know.
Sorry to hear you are having these problems with yo ...

THank you for the response Dave.
2015-7-20
Use props
stevedunk
lvl.2

United States

Phantom Help Posted at 2015-7-21 00:43
P3 Advanced: http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_3/en/Phantom_3_Advanced_Firmware ...

Phantom help. Are you saying that 1.1.8 download that you have illustrated would be useless if I had already upgraded to 1.2.6...?

Thanks
2015-7-20
Use props
Phantom Help
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

stevedunk, that's correct. You cannot downgrade your firmware.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-7-20
Use props
stevedunk
lvl.2

United States

Phantom Help. I know this sounds strange but I actually downloaded the last firmware 1.1.8 that you provided in this string even though I have 1.2.6 on the P3 pro and made three attempts to load it into the quad. I checked the text file in the sd card and it said success!

I launched the quad last night after the attempt and the quad actually became responsive in one area: it received a GPS ready to fly within seconds after remote and quad activation. With 1.2.6 it delayed about two minutes before last night. I still have the gimbal overload, quad drift, weak signal but the quad performance actually improved after I down graded back to 1.1.8.

I'm not sure if the quad accepted the downgrade of firmware, but I am sure that the text file said success on the quad. What do you suppose happened?
2015-7-21
Use props
Rift
lvl.2

United States

stevedunk Posted at 2015-7-22 01:07
Phantom Help. I know this sounds strange but I actually downloaded the last firmware 1.1.8 that you  ...

When you check your P3's firmware version through the app does it list it as 1.1.8? If so that's interesting that you were able to downgrade it.
2015-7-21
Use props
stevedunk
lvl.2

United States

Rift Posted at 2015-7-22 01:38
When you check your P3's firmware version through the app does it list it as 1.1.8? If so that's i ...

HI Rift,

The Ipad mini 3 indicates that the flight status is normal "latest firmware" unless there is an additional feature that checks the version of firmware?? Where is this feature to check the version?

Thanks
Steve
2015-7-21
Use props
Rift
lvl.2

United States

When your in the app go to General settings (the icon that looks like 4 circles in a square formation) scroll all the way down and go to about. If you are connected to the quad you should see the firmware version listed there.

2015-7-21
Use props
stevedunk
lvl.2

United States

Rift Posted at 2015-7-22 02:08
When your in the app go to General settings (the icon that looks like 4 circles in a square formatio ...

Thanks Rift,

The settings still indicate 1.2.6 latest version. That is why I am confused as to why the Quad is very responsive now since I attempted to install 1.1.8 last night and the quad responds immediately to a GPS connection.. within seconds. It did not do this after the firmware update last month.. Also questionable is the latest text file that stated "success".
2015-7-21
Use props
Mordor
New

Portugal

Newbie question:

Im with 1.1.9 from factory (P3A). Will it be possible revert to 1.1.8?

Tks!
2015-7-21
Use props
Calvette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103222 ft
United States

I've had my second P3A for about a month and never unpacked it until yesterday.  It came with 1.1.9 firmware and seem to be very sound in flight.  I loaded 1.2.8 and everything seems fine so far.
I also upgraded my other P3A and it seems to be more stable now.  Before going to 1.2.8 it had problems staying in one place.
2015-7-21
Use props
mbordoni
New

Italy

williamjamesfpv Posted at 2015-7-15 19:03
So I received my Phantom 3 Advanced yesterday and went to upgrade the firmware today. I upgraded the ...

I have the same problem with the exception that I have never succeded to have a file written on my usb thumb or micro sd via gimbal.
At least we are in two with the same problem...
2015-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules