42629 279 2015-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1609482 ft
Greece

gregg1r Posted at 2015-7-8 09:04
IOS should have the older version in the trash. Remove the older version and put it in your app li ...

Thank you Gregg1r, done that, went back to 1.1.1 app.
Now i will see if the lag and black screens, are due to the new app or the 1.2.6 firmware.
I quess its the firmware but i am curious...
2015-7-8
Use props
uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gregg1r Posted at 2015-7-8 09:04
IOS should have the older version in the trash. Remove the older version and put it in your app li ...

When you say in the trash , can you give more details on how to ?  thanks :-)
2015-7-8
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

uptowndisco@hot Posted at 2015-7-8 22:31
When you say in the trash , can you give more details on how to ?  thanks :-)

When you update an app, IOS places the old version in the trash. You'll have to access thru your iTunes account.

I downloaded a new version of The Drudge Report. It sucked badly. Uninstalled the new version, removed from the app list and reinstalled the old version from the trash.
2015-7-8
Use props
rivera_albert
lvl.3
Flight distance : 377966 ft
United States

I would greatly appreciate some input on an issue.  I have been dealing with the tilted horizon issue, I have done everything I read on this forum, some of the ideas work for a bit & some don't.  I only want just some idea if DJI feel this will be resolved with a firmware update or if I have to send my Phantom in.  I don't want to have wait for many weeks to get my Phantom back & then find out the issue is solved with a firmware update.  So would it wise to wait a bit & see if the gimbal issues are taken care of by software or should I send in my Phantom?  Thank you     
2015-7-8
Use props
aeriallens
lvl.3

United States

It will not actually ***solve*** the tilted horizon issue, but I have requested that DJI go ahead and allow roll adjustment to be SAVED as so many other adjustments are kept in memory.  They have answered that they are looking at it.
That would at least make the T/H issue more of a non-issue.
2015-7-8
Use props
JohnnyMachete
lvl.1

Germany

Dear Autumn please give us a date, we are waiting and meanwhile we are crying. Im everyday googleing and my hands hurt because of it. Im right now short before buying a naked P2 with GoPro Hero 4 Gimbal. But im still kept myself beliefing that today or tomorrow the day will come that we can go back to the functions we expected. And there before  to a normal life with go out flying our p3 without the fear of a flyaway, crash or whatever.
2015-7-8
Use props
Jkelso77
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11322 ft
United States

Spankybear Posted at 2015-7-3 03:27
Texas... They says a lot...

Regardless, You did not read the warranty, and what is and isn't cover ...

Really?   Your going to let it be know that you think all people from Texas have some kind of problem?   Seems like your the one with the problem, worrying about who is unhappy and who isn't with DJI.    I agree with him that the shell should come with warranty free of defects!   Especially when paying this kind of money.   
2015-7-8
Use props
stevedunk
lvl.2

United States

Spankybear Posted at 2015-7-3 03:27
Texas... They says a lot...

Regardless, You did not read the warranty, and what is and isn't cover ...

Spanky,
Im guessing that you are ten years old hence the comment about Texas! Better be careful and let other DJI purchasers provide their comments and get answers to their questions, just like myself, yes in Texas!
2015-7-9
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

rivera_albert@c Posted at 2015-7-8 23:34
I would greatly appreciate some input on an issue.  I have been dealing with the tilted horizon issu ...

I would recommend you wait until the next firmware update.
2015-7-9
Use props
Philliplloyd20
lvl.3
Flight distance : 690607 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-7-10 07:50
I would recommend you wait until the next firmware update.

Dji Dave, when roughly are we expecting a firmware rollback or update. Thanks
2015-7-9
Use props
mavs88
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

hmm when... whennnnn.....
2015-7-10
Use props
tnhwyman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 347697 ft
United States

Dji-Autumn,

Thank you for breaking the silence, it is much appreciated. Some issues did not seem to be addressed here, but in time I am sure these issues will be ironed out as well. My P3P at present is in a Dji North America repair center, and most likely this is for the best. I now have more undivided time to learn all I can before taking my drone back into the sky again.

Have a good weekend,

Jerry
2015-7-10
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Autumn , DJI-Tahoe_Ed, and DJI-Dave.

Other than Dave, all have reported wonderful results to the latest and greatest DJI firmware solution. Here we are a week later and still there is no updated firmware for the Phantom 3 quad.

When can we expect the updated firmware?

Also, no one has addressed what revision you would be able to revert back to if you are not satisfied with the firmware fix. Are you going to be able to revert to say 1.1.9 from 1.X.X. (X.X. being the newest version) or would you only revert back to 1.2.6 or 1.2.8?

Inquiring minds want to know.
2015-7-10
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Philliplloyd20 Posted at 2015-7-10 14:49
Dji Dave, when roughly are we expecting a firmware rollback or update. Thanks

Sorry, I have not been informed of a date so I can not say. I can not even say roughly, as you asked.
2015-7-10
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

gregg1r Posted at 2015-7-11 07:52
DJI-Autumn , DJI-Tahoe_Ed, and DJI-Dave.

Other than Dave, all have reported wonderful results to ...

You will only be able to go back 1 firmware revision.
So if you are on 1.1.3 you could only go back to 1.1.2 not 1.1.1 or 1.1.0 or any other earlier firmware.
2015-7-10
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-7-11 09:34
You will only be able to go back 1 firmware revision.
So if you are on 1.1.3 you could only go ba ...

DJI-Dave,

My present version being used is 1.1.9. It appears from what you just said, that I can only roll back to whatever DJI is listing as the new improved and we'll say in this case 1.2.6 for the P3Pro. Is that a correct interpretation?

If so, the new roll back procedure won't do me any good.
2015-7-10
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

gregg1r Posted at 2015-7-11 09:44
DJI-Dave,

My present version being used is 1.1.9. It appears from what you just said, that I can  ...

Yes.   But you are saying "I can only roll back to whatever DJI is listing as the new"
You can not roll back to something new.

You can install the new firmware (what ever the # is) If you do not like it or there is some trouble with it you can roll back to the last firmware you had installed on your Phantom or Inspire.

If lets say we have had 8 firmware revisions over the last year, you can not just pick what ever firmware you happened to like. Like I said you can only go back 1 firmware revision.

I hope this makes sense.
2015-7-10
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-7-11 10:05
Yes.   But you are saying "I can only roll back to whatever DJI is listing as the new"
You can not ...

This paragraph is key.
"You can install the new firmware (what ever the # is) If you do not like it or there is some trouble with it you can roll back to the last firmware you had installed on your Phantom or Inspire."

Thank you.

I'll sill await some other guinea pig before I chance it.  
2015-7-10
Use props
stevedunk
lvl.2

United States

Hi Dave,

I have already attempted to roll back my P3 pro one version, from 1.2.6 to 1.1.9 as I saved it on another computer. During the installation phase, my P3 would not accept the previous version and merely said in the text file that "version 1.1.9 was a previous version of firmware, UPDATE ABORTED". Is this what you are speaking about in a rollback of a previous version? and will the aircraft allow a previous update? Thank you for your answer.

Steve
2015-7-11
Use props
sdharris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 384967 ft
United Kingdom

stevedunk Posted at 2015-7-11 20:31
Hi Dave,

I have already attempted to roll back my P3 pro one version, from 1.2.6 to 1.1.9 as I save ...

Currently the Phantom will only install a firmware with a higher version number to the one you currently have installed so if you are on 1.2.6 it'll upgrade to 1.2.7 or higher e.g 1.3.0 as the version number has increased. From DJI - Autumn a while back it appeared they intended to release the old 1.1.9 firmware as say 1.2.9 giving people the option to install it if they wished.

It seems they then intend on writing into the next firmware the ability to go back one version or forward.
2015-7-11
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Hi Steve,

SdHarris answered the question pretty much  as I would have. Thanks for the help SdHarris.  

Currently you can not roll back, soon you will be able to.
2015-7-12
Use props
ianmacc
New

United Kingdom

You can not ...

Thank you for this clear and informative explanation, DJI-Dave.  

Ian, Manchester, UK
2015-7-12
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

ianmacc Posted at 2015-7-12 20:56
Thank you for this clear and informative explanation, DJI-Dave.  

Ian, Manchester, UK

Sure thing.
2015-7-14
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

doubble post, sorry, not sure why this happens somtimes...
2015-7-14
Use props
dorn.michael10
lvl.3

United States

You can not ...

So lets say theoretically the new fixed firmware is called 1.3. If Im on 1.1.9 can I upgrade straight to 1.3 and skip 1.2.6 then if I have a problem be able to downgrade back to 1.1.9 from 1.3?
2015-7-14
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

dorn.michael10@ Posted at 2015-7-15 06:10
So lets say theoretically the new fixed firmware is called 1.3. If Im on 1.1.9 can I upgrade strai ...

I do not know for sure until the program is rolled out. I am not in any way involved in the development of this.

I would think not though from the information I have.

I think you could only go back one revision, regardless of what you were at before. However as I said I do not know for sure.
2015-7-14
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

I really wish that DJI would just REMOVE the version checking.  They should re-publish 1.1.8 - Latest as new versions with NO version checking.

This would let users load & test the firmware that works best for them.

Version checking the firmware has lead to this current DISASTER situation.
2015-7-14
Use props
prestonswann
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28671 ft
United States

Sadly due to the erratic behavior of my P3P since the latest FW update, I have had to ground her until DJI provides an update.  I'm not here to complain, because complaining isn't a motivator.  I am only posting in hopes that DJI takes into account all of those who are having problems related to the latest FW and uses that as motivation to push out a correction so that we all can get back to enjoying our fly time.  Day light savings makes for perfect flying after a long days work.  I can only hope for an expedited FW release before that extra day light escapes us all.

P.S.  I still continue to love my P3P regardless.
2015-7-14
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Please know we are working on resolving all issues.
2015-7-14
Use props
prestonswann
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-7-15 08:06
Please know we are working on resolving all issues.

DJI-Dave, I full confidence
2015-7-14
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

prestonswann Posted at 2015-7-15 08:46
DJI-Dave, I full confidence

Thanks! I know not everybody does...
2015-7-14
Use props
Jcampbell0674
New

United States

Here is my issue... and thus far..  I have not received any help from DJI.  I called, and all I get is "No agents are available" and the phone hangs up.  I did the online chat...  The gentleman was unable to help me and told me to call in!!!!!   

My issue is this.  Once I installed the new firmware...  I now get a "Gimbal Overload" error.  The gimbal motor runs and spins the camera all over the place, but has basically rendered the unit useless.  

I have attempted to re-boot the aircraft many times and re-install the firmware.  This has had no effect on the issue.  

What do I do?  I have a $1200+ paper weight!  

Jason
2015-7-14
Use props
williamjamesfpv
lvl.1

Canada

So I received my Phantom 3 Advanced yesterday and went to upgrade the firmware today. I upgraded the aircraft to the V.1.2.8 and went to do the same for the remote (transmitter). When I power up the transmitter, it does not enter the firmware upgrade mode. In other words, all I see is the red light on the transmitter if my phantom 3 is off, and it turns to green whent he phantom 3 is on, indicating that there is RC link. However, when I keep the phantom 3 off, and I go to upgrade the transmitter, the light stays at red, and even after waiting a minute or two, it will not go into its firware upgrade sequence on the transmitter. I tried it with the Micro SD card and USB stick insterted into the USB port. When that didn't work, I contacted DJI support and they told me to try the transmitter upgrade via the provided USB cable. I tried that and the same thing... it did not enter the blue light sequence of the firmward upgrade. Once or twice, I did get a .txt file generated saying that the firmware on the remote is the same, or older than the firmware on the plane... but when I go into the DJI app, it says that my firmware on the remote needs to be updated. I even tried uninstalling and re-installing DJI app in case that was an issue.. but it was still saying that my remote firmware needs to be updated. I have no clue whats going on and am very worried. Can someone please help me?
2015-7-15
Use props
Absolonkort
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I was wondering if the original "No Roll Back" policy was partly to do with Airport geofencing.  Rolling back could delete any new Airports/Helipads that have popped up.  Assuming that is, that the data is in the Quad firmware and not the Pilot App.
2015-7-15
Use props
williamjamesfpv
lvl.1

Canada

williamjamesfpv Posted at 2015-7-15 19:03
So I received my Phantom 3 Advanced yesterday and went to upgrade the firmware today. I upgraded the ...

Anyone able to help on this?
2015-7-15
Use props
prestonswann
lvl.1
United States

williamjamesfpv Posted at 2015-7-15 19:03
So I received my Phantom 3 Advanced yesterday and went to upgrade the firmware today. I upgraded the ...

Is the bird flyable?
2015-7-15
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Jcampbell0674@y Posted at 2015-7-15 11:31
Here is my issue... and thus far..  I have not received any help from DJI.  I called, and all I get  ...

Unfortunately it sounds to me like you will need to send it in for repairs. I know that is not something you want to do with the current repair turnaround time. The only other thing I can think of is to wait until the next firmware update comes out the try that.
2015-7-15
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Absolonkort Posted at 2015-7-15 20:07
I was wondering if the original "No Roll Back" policy was partly to do with Airport geofencing.  Rol ...

Not that I am aware of, but I guess it is possible.
2015-7-15
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

williamjamesfpv Posted at 2015-7-16 00:56
Anyone able to help on this?

I am looking into it but I have no advice at this time.
2015-7-15
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

I have noticed that the remind feature is not always working, so i did not see theses replies to this thread till just now.
2015-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules