Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Fly Loss of Valuable Feature
1629 15 2020-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Duck
lvl.4
United States

Hello DJI,

I just upgraded to the latest DJI Fly and the Aircraft Orientation Indicator is missing.  I tried to new attitude/tilt indicator, but it is not suffient for good antenna alignment and also not good for returning to home.

Is this a bug?  Will we be able to toggle the old alignment indicator in the next DJI Fly?  I truly hope so.  It's incredible that an inportant safety indicator that many of us rely on is now gone.

Thank you

2020-12-30
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

his might help in the mean time using the map mode when redline to drone pointing down you are pointing right at it...

2020-12-30
Use props
reguza64
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60375420 ft
Indonesia

Bussty Posted at 12-30 19:00
his might help in the mean time using the map mode when redline to drone pointing down you are pointing right at it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORbSTt3Ht1M&feature=emb_title

Not so convenient for me at least, I still prefer radar from GoApp like this one https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=144696
2020-12-30
Use props
Flaming
lvl.4
Flight distance : 250541 ft
Canada

''  It's incredible that an inportant safety indicator that many of us rely on is now gone ''   

It's incredible that peoples dont read the release notes when a new software version is released.
2020-12-30
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flaming Posted at 12-30 21:14
''  It's incredible that an inportant safety indicator that many of us rely on is now gone ''   

It's incredible that peoples dont read the release notes when a new software version is released.

to be honest, reviewing the release notes should not be a requirement in order to make use of a safety feature.  maybe the pilot is a 12 y.o. flying his first drone.  none of the kids read the release notes for the app and to be fair, the app updates itself and you might not even know you got an update.  the oem should never assume the customer is reviewing the release notes unless they put a checkbox on it.  not a big deal unless it is safety-related but still....please make sure it is intuitive.
2020-12-30
Use props
The Duck
lvl.4
United States

Flaming Posted at 12-30 21:14
''  It's incredible that an inportant safety indicator that many of us rely on is now gone ''   

Nice troll.

I looked at the two lines in the release notes in the iOS app store and it didn't mention that the status indicator would be gone.  How about you buzz off with your snarky comments and do something more productive?
2020-12-31
Use props
Flaming
lvl.4
Flight distance : 250541 ft
Canada

The Duck Posted at 12-31 06:34
Nice troll.

I looked at the two lines in the release notes in the iOS app store and it didn't mention that the status indicator would be gone.  How about you buzz off with your snarky comments and do something more productive?

Troll ?? lol no . I'm just trying to teach peoples to stop to be spoon feed by others.

Oh ..and on top of that I have to take you by the hand. Here is is the release notes , put on your glasses :
Screenshot_20201231-130311.png
2020-12-31
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 2020-12-30 21:45
to be honest, reviewing the release notes should not be a requirement in order to make use of a safety feature.  maybe the pilot is a 12 y.o. flying his first drone.  none of the kids read the release notes for the app and to be fair, the app updates itself and you might not even know you got an update.  the oem should never assume the customer is reviewing the release notes unless they put a checkbox on it.  not a big deal unless it is safety-related but still....please make sure it is intuitive.

I’ve installed the latest app and my MM is working fine.
Where can I find the release notes. Somehow I missed it.
Doug
2021-1-2
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

reguza64 Posted at 2020-12-30 19:37
Not so convenient for me at least, I still prefer radar from GoApp like this one https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=144696

I agree   

GoApp radar display is so much better to use.

Don`t know why the DJI engineers has to make something new as the old view works great

cheers
JJB
2021-1-2
Use props
The Duck
lvl.4
United States

JJB* Posted at 1-2 02:58
I agree   

GoApp radar display is so much better to use.

I just saw your video and I agree it's much better than the latest Fly "radar."  But for me, the old Fly app indicator is still better for aligning antennas and the AC.

I hope DJI will allow us to toggle the old Fly indicator in a future release., or at least make it like the GO 4 app.
2021-1-2
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donut Posted at 1-2 00:20
I’ve installed the latest app and my MM is working fine.
Where can I find the release notes. Somehow I missed it.
Doug

the quickest way is wherever you download from (appstore or playstore) is to scroll down and read the bulletpoints in teh description; it's usually listed a few items as "what's new."
2021-1-2
Use props
fans55d88441
lvl.2
Croatia

I completely agree that this is a ridiculous design! I am starting to wonder if they actually consult any pilot or just a graphical designers.
The direction of your drone relative to the way you are facing one of the more important pieces of information to be able to determine from a quick glance. The other one is the remaining battery. DJI has butchered both! Why couldn't the battery have been a thick progress bar at the far right of the screen (spanning the whole height of the screen). Not use a smallest GUI font available.
This new microscopic blue on gray arrow orientation indicator seems almost like a parody, not an honest attempt to improve a feature.

DJI should identify critical flight info (battery, altitude, speed, distance, direction to the drone) and make it extremely prominent, with highest contrast possible and sufficient size to be easily seen in any lighting conditions.
2021-1-3
Use props
The Duck
lvl.4
United States

fans55d88441 Posted at 1-3 09:52
I completely agree that this is a ridiculous design! I am starting to wonder if they actually consult any pilot or just a graphical designers.
The direction of your drone relative to the way you are facing one of the more important pieces of information to be able to determine from a quick glance. The other one is the remaining battery. DJI has butchered both! Why couldn't the battery have been a thick progress bar at the far right of the screen (spanning the whole height of the screen). Not use a smallest GUI font available.
This new microscopic blue on gray arrow orientation indicator seems almost like a parody, not an honest attempt to improve a feature.

Yes, we've begged for a larger fonts, icons, and black bars to make reading telemetry and information easier, and we got nothing.   Now this.

From what I've observed, DJI doesn't seem to value customer feedback.  And what we ask for in forums is merely whistling in the wind.

It would be a miracle if they made the old indicator a option in the next Fly, and I would be grateful for it.
2021-1-3
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

They actually did listen to the users on this forum and others. The one thing most complained about by some members was the lack of the home point on the indicator. And so that is what DJI did, to accommodate a few very conspicuous complaints. I think it was a bad decision to even put the HP on there.If you wanted to see the home point in the display, use the map. Now we have no choice.
2021-1-3
Use props
djiuser_f0oydzG1LTlZ
New
Flight distance : 77123 ft
United States

To take that feature off makes zero sense, this is my first drone and I was wondering if I had push the wrong button or some thing. I’ve only had it for about five days, I guess sex explains why mine will only go about a mile. Contemplating returning it.
2021-1-4
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

How is it that my 1.2.2 app still bears the central half disc orientation indicator ?
***SORRY to ask*** I self-answer: you have to reduce the map box on the bottom left.

Furthermore the video decoding on the Mobile Device (SGS9+) sutters a bit. It's not as plesant to use as the older versions.

I think I'll downgrade to the last actively used version which is my 1.0.8 which still focused on the Mavic Mini (retaining all the latest features of the AC firmware).
*** I've also found out the last version that I know still smooth decoding video feedback is 1.1.0 (the 1st version to support Mavic Air 2).

2021-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules