Orientation Display Not Visible
4634 11 2020-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wyz3rd
lvl.1
United States

Hi. I'm a new user and have read many threads about the orientation display not working properly due to improper calibration of compass or loaction services not enabled.  I am running DJI FLY on an iPhone 8+, flying a Mini 2. I love the product, but my problem is that the orinentation display is simply not there at all in the bottom center of the screen.  I've looked through seemingly all of the menu options to see if i needed to enable it but could not find any on/off toggle.  

Am I totally missing something obvious?

Thanks
2020-12-30
Use props
djiuser_9j90qddvL5F7
New

United Kingdom

No you're not alone, I'm in the same situation...
2020-12-31
Use props
taffy58
lvl.1
Flight distance : 435174 ft
United Kingdom

THANK GOD!! Im not the only one with this exact same problem then?
I use a smart controller and also have NO aircraft orientation indicator AT ALL!
At first i thought it was my smart controller at fault but then i changed it over to my 'standard' controller that i used to use along with my Iphone x but EXACTLY the same. Anyone with any answers PLEASE!
2020-12-31
Use props
djiuser_zm4p2qlWLTnY
New
Flight distance : 3 ft
United Kingdom

Me too...brand new Mini 2, first flight yesterday, first ever drone. Using an iPhone 8 Plus - no icon on screen when using app.
Deleted the app today, downloaded it again from the App Store and...no icon. Any help out there?
2020-12-31
Use props
djiuser_uY9BUudKtr94
New
Flight distance : 238652 ft
United States

I have the Magic Air 2 I’ve had for a few months of which the Orientation used to be there it just disappeared a few days ago I don’t know? I’m thinking update maybe.
2020-12-31
Use props
DRONEfactor27
lvl.2
Flight distance : 308323 ft
United States

Maybe DJI can shed some more information about this issue and a workaround? Of course the first thing I did was check my mobile device (iPhone 11 Pro) and the compass and everything is normal. My DJI FLY app also has all the required permissions from my device. I then used a different device (iPhone 12 Pro Max) and i had the same issue. I’m 117% confident its not the phone interfering with the DJI fly app. I’m wondering if any users have previously had the Orientation set, updated to a newer firmware version, and then lost the Orientation? Or do most users have a brand new drone and never had the Orientation set in the first place? I have a feeling this issue is confined to newer Mini 2. In any case, it would be nice to have this feature so that I can point my controller in the best direction to receive the best RC signal....
2021-1-8
Use props
terrydes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22136 ft
Canada

I just updated yesterday ever since then I have no Orientation displayed at all. I know I had it before but I am new to this so was not sure if it was something in the settings. I have flown my drone about 6 times before. worked every time till today.
Terry
2021-1-9
Use props
terrydes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22136 ft
Canada

In the quiz section there is a section that someone has found
2021-1-9
Use props
djiuser_mq5JQ5Z50XEy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32221 ft

United States

I am having the same problem, did anybody figure out how to fix it?
2021-4-4
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

It's gone with the new SW, instead you have a better one in the left lower corner of screen, press there and then compass icon on lower right.
There are several videos bout subject on youtube,    -happy fly.....
2021-4-4
Use props
djiuser_mq5JQ5Z50XEy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32221 ft

United States

Thanks for the link to the video!  
Fly safe
2021-4-5
Use props
djiuser_ExhnNydlKHwh
lvl.1

Canada

I think the way we see the orientation has changed. it now seems to be part of the map on the bottom left.
2021-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules