Pocket 2 disconnecting from Mimo app when connected via Lightning
6922 19 2020-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DadOf6
lvl.2
United States

Anyone else out there having issues with direct connection of the Pocket 2 to their phone/Mimo app?  When I connect via Lightning (to iPhone 11 Pro Max) the Mimo app sees the device and connects.  It works great for a few minutes then the app disconnects and says it can't find the Pocket 2 any more.   The Lightning connector is definitely in place on the Pocket 2, and it is definitely connected to the phone when this happens.  The only way to get it to reconnect to Mimo is to turn the Pocket 2 off and on again (thank you IT Crowd for that helpful advice!)   It does not matter if the Pocket 2 has the Do It All handle connected or not.

2020-12-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DadOf6. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Mimo application on your mobile device to see if the issue will still persist. You may also try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.

2020-12-31
Use props
kenofstephen
lvl.1

Hong Kong

I'm having the same issue, losing connection in a few minutes.
2021-1-4
Use props
DadOf6
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-12-31 21:16
Hello there DadOf6. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Mimo application on your mobile device to see if the issue will still persist. You may also try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.

[view_image]

I'm already running 1.5.8.  The same issue occurs when I use my wife's phone.
2021-1-4
Use props
Alien433
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23054 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

The pocket one will connect but the pocket 2 mostly refuse with the latest app.
2021-1-4
Use props
DadOf6
lvl.2
United States

RE: Pocket 2 disconnecting from Mimo app when physically connected via Lightning

Alien433 Posted at 1-4 07:15
The pocket one will connect but the pocket 2 mostly refuse with the latest app.

I have not seen that personally.  When I use the lightning connector, the Mimo app comes right up.  
2021-1-4
Use props
Alien433
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

DadOf6 Posted at 1-4 08:46
I have not seen that personally.  When I use the lightning connector, the Mimo app comes right up.

The oroblem is on android and mostly with the wifi adapter. The last app has this problem
2021-1-4
Use props
DadOf6
lvl.2
United States

Alien433 Posted at 1-4 23:06
The oroblem is on android and mostly with the wifi adapter. The last app has this problem

Yeah this thread isn't about the wifi adapter.
2021-1-5
Use props
Alien433
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

DadOf6 Posted at 1-5 06:19
Yeah this thread isn't about the wifi adapter.

Doesn't matter that is also an connection.
2021-1-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi DadOf6, sorry for the issue, could you please provide a video of the issue? Please include the firmware info in the video, I would love to ask our engineers to check on the issue.
2021-1-6
Use props
DadOf6
lvl.2
United States

Alien433 Posted at 1-5 11:19
Doesn't matter that is also an connection.

Uh yeah it's not the same thing.  
2021-1-6
Use props
DadOf6
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 1-6 05:38
Hi DadOf6, sorry for the issue, could you please provide a video of the issue? Please include the firmware info in the video, I would love to ask our engineers to check on the issue.

will do.  I just saw the notification for the latest firmware today.  I will update and then see if the issue still persists.
2021-1-6
Use props
DadOf6
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 1-6 05:38
Hi DadOf6, sorry for the issue, could you please provide a video of the issue? Please include the firmware info in the video, I would love to ask our engineers to check on the issue.

OK so I did the firmware update.  While it was updating the P2 disconnected at 62%   So I restarted and it appears to have completed according to the version info on the P2.  

Though when I plugged it in, the camera disconnected immediately.  So I restarted and plugged in again.  The next time I got maybe 20 seconds before it disconnected.  Then I got my iPad to record it disconnecting.  Plugged it in multiple times and no issue when I was recording...   I will keep watching it....
2021-1-6
Use props
Skeezix
New

United States

I have experienced the same issues as DadOf6.  I have followed your steps still not working and disconnecting.  Please advise when there is a fix.  Is there any way to restart the upgrade?
2021-1-6
Use props
DadOf6
lvl.2
United States

Skeezix Posted at 1-6 09:17
I have experienced the same issues as DadOf6.  I have followed your steps still not working and disconnecting.  Please advise when there is a fix.  Is there any way to restart the upgrade?

Hey Skeezix - I did verify that the firmware upgrade was successful, even though the device got disconnected.  If the device hasn't been updated, the Mimo app should notify you again the next time you connect. BTW I have seen the same disconnect issue since the upgrade, though maybe it is a bit better.  I actually got some video of it occurring which I will post later.
2021-1-10
Use props
BVABell
lvl.2

Russia

Control from the Samsung S20 Ultra phone is also impossible (the firmware and MIMO are the latest), the connection is disconnected every 20-30 seconds. as described above (it seems to me this is not a software error, but defective hardware, most likely a low-quality Li-Ion). I think we need to bring this device back to the store en masse, otherwise the manufacturer will not even try to fix the error. The error manifests itself independently of android or ios Type-C or Lightning.
2021-1-11
Use props
Eric Blavier
lvl.2

Brazil

I've also the same problem on my android with the usb C. But I'm a little bit more lucky, it seems that the MIMO app only shut down after a few minutes. After, it's impossible to connect again my phone
2021-1-14
Use props
Scott Feierstein
New

United States

Same problem on iPhone.
2022-1-22
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

For connection problems and compatible and non-compatible phones, I have created a thread that contains troubleshooting tips and a list of device compatibility. Maybe that could have something that could help? To see the thread, check out https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=235190
2022-1-25
Use props
doone128
New

United Kingdom

Howdy! I've just purchased a Pocket 2 and have been struggling with this same issue. I connect via lightning and within 30 seconds, it disconnects. I've just found the fix for this for my iPhone (SE 2020). The fix for me was to switch off 'Optimised Battery Charging' in Settings > Battery > Battery Health & Charging. As soon as I disabled that, my connection became rock solid. Hope this helps!
2023-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules