Sequential file naming
4580 10 2021-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Droning-On
lvl.3
Flight distance : 293058 ft
New Zealand

Is there a setting that I'm missing to enable sequential file naming?

If I reformat the SD card, the naming restarts at DJI_0001.JPG
It gets a bit confusing if I'm copying files into a common folder.
2021-1-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Go 4 gives the option of continuous file numbering (but only to 999).
But that's not possible in DJI Fly.

Try copying each flight's images to a new folder rather than dumping everything into the same folder.
2021-1-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Droning-On. Thanks for reaching out! Currently, File Index Mode isn't available to the DJI Fly but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes.
2021-1-2
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

DJI is rediscovering America in all new product and software. Hard to undertand...
2021-1-2
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

KnNLmS Posted at 1-2 05:56
DJI is rediscovering America in all new product and software. Hard to undertand...

And when Dji makes a change to catch up, seems to have invented teleportation
2021-1-4
Use props
ZarcTheSpark
First Officer
Flight distance : 460676 ft
United States

I don't know if this works on the MIni 2, but on the Spark, if you left an old file on the SD card, but erased all the rest of them, the sequential numbering would pick up from that file name.
2021-1-5
Use props
Gif2Dtrade
Second Officer
Flight distance : 528478 ft
Romania

Maybe instead of sequential name, it can store date&time in filename in a YYMMDDHHMMSS format…
I managed to rename them manually, as I didn't shoot many videos/photos per session.
2021-1-5
Use props
djiuser_1g1NanF7ar4K
lvl.1
Flight distance : 91565 ft
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 2021-1-2 04:50
Hi, Droning-On. Thanks for reaching out! Currently, File Index Mode isn't available to the DJI Fly but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes.

This is very important missing functionality. Please escalate to engineering... Thanks in advance.
2022-6-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_1g1NanF7ar4K Posted at 6-24 14:12
This is very important missing functionality. Please escalate to engineering... Thanks in advance.

Although the feature is missing in the app, you can still have continuous file numbering if you format the SD card in your computer after copying the images to it.
Format in the drone and it will reset to 001 every time.
2022-6-24
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Or simply DO NOT reformat when you empty the card.
2022-6-24
Use props
dcsergio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 378110 ft
Italy

I had the same issue with my Mini 2. I solved renaming the file DJI_0001.JPG to the number I want to start from.
2023-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules