Mini 2 Firmware Update Failure
13209 8 2021-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnnysworld
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2156 ft
United States

My New Mini 2 Aicraft and controller did not have the lastest Firmware. I could not get it to update over Wi-Fi. Called DJI support they helped me get DJI Assistant 2 on my PC, still would not update! Driving me insane!

Here's what fixed it, and what it takes to get Firmware update First Time: 1. Get Phone that will connect to controller. 2. Turn OFF Wi-Fi and Blu-tooth on that phone. 3. Connect phone to controller with cord provided with Mini 2 as if you were setting up to Fly and open DJI Fly App. 4. Turn on Controller and Aircraft...the Update will start automatically VIA the cellular connection. It is forced to use the Cellular Connection...
It Updated sucessfully First time, YEA!!!
My Wi-Fi and My Network, with DJI Assistant 2 evidently has settings or virus protection that was blocking the Download.

There was Nothing wrong with the DJI Mini 2!!
2021-1-2
Use props
djiuser_NMEGPFEC1Ic8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9616 ft
United States

The DJI assistant 2 app does not support the mini 2 so you have to use FlyMe app.
Make sure you also have the latest FlyMe app which for Android wasn't at Play Store yet....you need to go to DJI to get it. That will also open up new features on the MINI 2 and fixes that were installed in the latest firmware update as of Jan 2nd 2020.
2021-1-3
Use props
jtz1954
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8579 ft
United States

Thanks! This worked for me.
2021-6-12
Use props
djiuser_IXSTfpU7736H
New

United States

Worked like a charm! Thanks Johnny!
2021-9-22
Use props
djiuser_NnF2Yl083rJg
New

United States

Have been struggling whole day on the -3005 error,  this worked like a charm! Thanks!
2021-12-13
Use props
ApocalypseAir
New

United States

This worked for me!  THANKS!
2022-4-15
Use props
John G Bradley
New
Flight distance : 87096 ft
Australia

This worked perfect for the DJI Mini SE … Took 5 hours of frustration and DJI instructions were not the best … Turn of WiFi and Bluetooth and the firmware installs without any problem at all.
Thanks Johnnysworld!
2022-5-15
Use props
fansdd65e4f7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28153 ft
United States

This issue had been frustrating me for several months.  I had all but given up, until I saw your post.  Updated successfully.  Thank you.
2022-5-20
Use props
Erba23
New
Flight distance : 571 ft
United States

Glad I saw this post, been going crazy all morning!
2022-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules