magnetic interference error, without magnetic interference
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CaptNaufragio
lvl.1

United States

Hello everyone. I bought a used phantom 3 professional for my girls dad as a christmas present. Ive had like two successful flights. After the last successful flight, about 20 minutes, I wanted to make sure that it was good to go. So I powered everythig off, and then tried to power it all back on again. At this point, I have only since gotten the "magnetic intereference" error on my android. Please understand that this has happened in the same place at the same time where I and evidently a drone club already fly.
I have replaced landing gear and compass. No changes.
I have installed new firmware on a new blank sd card, multiple times, and get the attatched log. No changes.
I have tried to do the Reinstall by powering drone off, holding that small button on the drone body down, restarting, and letting it go through all its beeping stuff. No changes.

The app consistently tells me that i need to calibrate the drone, of course everytime I try, whereever I try, if fails telling me theres "intense magnetic interference"

There are no cars involved, no keys, no smart watches.... All of the conceivable "magnetic intererferences" have been ruled out time and time again.

Questions:

Is there really no way to restore software to factory condition? perhaps something is glitching?
Are there and qualified technicians near Sarasota Florida who can work on this thing?
Should I just learn my lesson, throw this thing in the air and shoot it down, learning my lesson and buying something else new?

Thanks guys, man this is frustrating lol.
2021-1-2
Use props
CaptNaufragio
lvl.1

United States

2021-1-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The app consistently tells me that i need to calibrate the drone, of course everytime I try, whereever I try, if fails telling me theres "intense magnetic interference"
Go into your app settings and look at Sensors to see what it's showing for the compass sensor.
Is it showing numbers or is it showing nothing?

2021-1-2
Use props
CaptNaufragio
lvl.1

United States

"sensors state"? appears to be a bunch of blank fields. the drone is off though, should i turn it and the remote on?
2021-1-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

CaptNaufragio Posted at 1-2 13:41
"sensors state"? appears to be a bunch of blank fields. the drone is off though, should i turn it and the remote on?

Yes .. you have to have the drone connected to see what the sensor values are showing.
You should see something like this ....
But if it just shows zero for the compass, the compass is disconnected.
Sensors.jpg
2021-1-2
Use props
CaptNaufragio
lvl.1

United States

Labroides Posted at 1-2 13:37
Go into your app settings and look at Sensors to see what it's showing for the compass sensor.
Is it showing numbers or is it showing nothing?

2021-1-2
Use props
CaptNaufragio
lvl.1

United States

Labroides Posted at 1-2 13:47
Yes .. you have to have the drone connected to see what the sensor values are showing.
You should see something like this ....
But if it just shows zero for the compass, the compass is disconnected.

well thats discomforting... i just installed a new one, kinda hard for me to not plug it in lol... you suggest i take this thing all apart again?
2021-1-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

CaptNaufragio Posted at 1-2 13:51
well thats discomforting... i just installed a new one, kinda hard for me to not plug it in lol... you suggest i take this thing all apart again?

The magnetic interference message is misleading.
Whilel the Sensors section of the app settings shows zero, the compass will never calibrate.
The compass isn't connected, possibly one of the fine wires or connections broke during installation of the landing gear.
2021-1-2
Use props
CaptNaufragio
lvl.1

United States

Labroides Posted at 1-2 13:59
Whilel the Sensors section of the app settings shows zero, the compass will never calibrate.
The compass isn't connected, possibly one of the fine wires or connections broke during installation of the landing gear.

thanks for all yer help bud. going to inspect, possibly throw old one on? i dunno thanks for giving me an avenue to investigate.
2021-1-2
Use props
CaptNaufragio
lvl.1

United States

Labroides Posted at 1-2 13:59
The compass isn't connected, possibly one of the fine wires or connections broke during installation of the landing gear.

well thanks so much, you were correct that i did a botched compass replacement. whats awfully strange is the old one that first gave me issues seems to work now, so i replaced the new one i broke, with the old one. perhaps its on its way out, but now i know if im not getting any sensor readings i can be sure the part is suspect.

thanks again, i really appreciate the simple but incredibly substantial advice.
2021-1-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

CaptNaufragio Posted at 1-2 15:38
well thanks so much, you were correct that i did a botched compass replacement. whats awfully strange is the old one that first gave me issues seems to work now, so i replaced the new one i broke, with the old one. perhaps its on its way out, but now i know if im not getting any sensor readings i can be sure the part is suspect.

thanks again, i really appreciate the simple but incredibly substantial advice.

Thanks .. it's good to see a happy ending.
The lesson I learned from installing new landing gear years ago (and having to do it all over again) stuck with me.
2021-1-2
Use props
CaptNaufragio
lvl.1

United States

Labroides Posted at 1-2 17:08
Thanks .. it's good to see a happy ending.
The lesson I learned from installing new landing gear years ago (and having to do it all over again) stuck with me.

Yer the best. I asked everyone on facebook and wherever... Thats definitely the go-to i will suggest to anybody in the future. How simple lol. You have an awesome new year my friend.

Girls dad is stoked again. I cannot be more appreciative.
2021-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules