MAVIC MINI UNSTABLE/DRIFTING
2357 4 2021-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dooges
lvl.1
Australia

Hi everybody,

I am having trouble with my mini drifting. It will not stay in the same spot or altitude and just does what it likes to a point that I cannot have it anywhere near a confined space or an object for fear of crashing which it has done twice with out me touching the controls. The controls work fine but on both occasions I reacted to late to save it from crashing. I am now not very keen to fly it unless there is a fix for this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
2021-1-2
Use props
Djimaniac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5821801 ft
  • >>>
United States

Make sure it locks on the gps before takeoff. (Ready for takeoff)  Calibrate the compass and imu to see if that helps.
2021-1-3
Use props
dooges
lvl.1
Australia

Hi Djimaniac,

Thanks for the suggestion, I have recalibrated the IMU and the compass and it seems a lot more stable, at least its not flying off by itself. However it is still seems to hover unstable, its like rough running car engine, moves about a little and the props rev intermittently.

I will give it a more robust workout over the next few days.

Thanks
2021-1-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there dooges. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to calibrate the remote controller of your DJI Mini to see if the issue will still persist?  Thank you.
2021-1-5
Use props
dooges
lvl.1
Australia

Hi,

I have recalibrated everything, and it is reasonably stable in hover and flies well. However if I rotate/spin it in hover it will slew right or left about ten feet.

This means I cannot rotate or spin it anywhere near an object otherwise it may well crash into it.

I might try recalibrating the RC again.

Thanks everyone  
2021-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules