12Next >
9895 52 2021-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd3e6ab70
lvl.3
Flight distance : 493553 ft
United States

Do I have to worry about the faa with my mini2? I fly at night and during the day. I also fly most of the times bvlos. That thing is so small have the time I don’t know it’s even returned home till it’s right over top of me. I am sorry to say I know a lot of people fly these for a living drone wise. I for one don’t want the government to know when where and how I am flying. At most I mite get 250 to 300 meters high at tops when signal gets bad. So the main thing. Is the faa a threat to the mini 2
2021-1-2
Use props
fans8e299cb6
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5693497 ft
United States

FAA is not a threat as long as you are not breaking any laws; what are you so worried about?  If you're not breaking any of the regulations with the Mini 2 (such as flying above 400 feet agl, flying outside line of sight, flying within 5 miles of a major airport etc) then you should have nothing to worry about.  You get caught breaking regulations can mean heavy fines.

Personally, I think the government should ONLY be allowed to collect information when someone is flying in controlled airspace, not anywhere on earth.  They have no right to know if I fly in uncontrolled airspace...for example, inside my house or some other place on earth where the airspace is not regulated.

2021-1-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fans8e299cb6 Posted at 1-2 17:42
FAA is not a threat as long as you are not breaking any laws; what are you so worried about?  If you're not breaking any of the regulations with the Mini 2 (such as flying above 400 feet agl, flying outside line of sight, flying within 5 miles of a major airport etc) then you should have nothing to worry about.  You get caught breaking regulations can mean heavy fines.

Personally, I think the government should ONLY be allowed to collect information when someone is flying in controlled airspace, not anywhere on earth.  They have no right to know if I fly in uncontrolled airspace...for example, inside my house or some other place on earth where the airspace is not regulated.

'Personally, I think the government should ONLY be allowed to collect information when someone is flying in controlled airspace, not anywhere on earth.  They have no right to know if I fly in uncontrolled airspace...for example, inside my house or some other place on earth where the airspace is not regulated."

Don't worry, the FAA has better things to do than to eavesdrop on your flying, and in any event, they can't. There is no way for them to know where you are flying.
2021-1-2
Use props
Penguin Geek
New
United States

To answer your first question, yes you do need to worry about the FAA. They are the Federal agency that controls all US airspace from 1" on up. So if you want to fly a drone, you need to comply with regulations. One of those is flying within line of sight of your drone. The other is flying at night restrictions. The other is max altitude. I suggest you read up on the current laws. There are plenty of sites and YouTube videos explaining it.

Many of your comments concern me, as it appears you wish to bypass the laws in order to fly when and where you want. That kind of wild west attitude is what caused the FAA years ago to require drones of certain sizes to be registered, and now the looming Remote ID mandate. This is the wrong attitude to have with this hobby or profession. It doesn't matter if an FAA person to catches you in the act of doing something wrong. Ordinary citizens are already quite concerned for their own safety and privacy with respect to drones. So they are on the lookout for anyone doing something they think might be breaking rules (right or wrong) to call the cops. And from what I read about the FAA shifting enforcement duties to local law enforcement for education or investigation drone pilots, this already has me worried. Cops don't have time to learn the volumes of FAA regs, so this is more likely to turn into an investigation rather than an opportunity for education.

As drone pilots, we need to obey the laws, respect others, and be courteous and professional at all times. This will do so much more good to the hobby than the FAA can ever do with their ever-increasing list of regulations.

Side note: go check out the "FAA Remote ID Final Ruling - Is it Truly Final?" YouTube Video on 51 Drone's channel (I can't post links).
2021-1-2
Use props
trader6777
lvl.4
United States

In addition to following FAA drone laws, use common sense:

Before you fly ask yourself:  Are there people nearby who would be annoyed by my drone?  This eliminates 95% of your problems.
Also, if you post flight footage to Youtube, be sure that it complies with FAA laws.

2021-1-2
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is no purpose to worrying. What are you going to accomplish with that? Just go fly your Mini 2 as you intended, preferably legal. Leave this to the gloom and doom prophets. And p.s.....don't ever drive your car over the speed limit, always come to a full stop at stop signs, never double park, etc, etc...
2021-1-2
Use props
fansd3e6ab70
lvl.3
United States

Personally, I think the government should ONLY be allowed to collect information when someone is flying in controlled airspace, not anywhere on earth.  They have no right to know if I fly in uncontrolled airspace...for example, inside my house or some other place on earth where the airspace is not regulated.

I agree with you there should only be in controller airspace or in heavy city’s with skyscrapers.
2021-1-2
Use props
fansd3e6ab70
lvl.3
United States

Penguin Geek Posted at 1-2 18:01
To answer your first question, yes you do need to worry about the FAA. They are the Federal agency that controls all US airspace from 1" on up. So if you want to fly a drone, you need to comply with regulations. One of those is flying within line of sight of your drone. The other is flying at night restrictions. The other is max altitude. I suggest you read up on the current laws. There are plenty of sites and YouTube videos explaining it.

Many of your comments concern me, as it appears you wish to bypass the laws in order to fly when and where you want. That kind of wild west attitude is what caused the FAA years ago to require drones of certain sizes to be registered, and now the looming Remote ID mandate. This is the wrong attitude to have with this hobby or profession. It doesn't matter if an FAA person to catches you in the act of doing something wrong. Ordinary citizens are already quite concerned for their own safety and privacy with respect to drones. So they are on the lookout for anyone doing something they think might be breaking rules (right or wrong) to call the cops. And from what I read about the FAA shifting enforcement duties to local law enforcement for education or investigation drone pilots, this already has me worried. Cops don't have time to learn the volumes of FAA regs, so this is more likely to turn into an investigation rather than an opportunity for education.

I was ok with they cracked down on needing to. Register your drone over 250 I did that when I built my own. I have never hurt anyone or anything with one but my own fingers lol. I don’t fly over groups of people but I do love to push the limits of my drones. I am not one to fly to crazy heights but I do travel far with them. And to travel far that 120meter limit it not gonna do the job in high WiFi areas
2021-1-2
Use props
fansd3e6ab70
lvl.3
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 1-2 19:35
There is no purpose to worrying. What are you going to accomplish with that? Just go fly your Mini 2 as you intended, preferably legal. Leave this to the gloom and doom prophets. And p.s.....don't ever drive your car over the speed limit, always come to a full stop at stop signs, never double park, etc, etc...

It’s all another nonsense way the government tries to control our daily lives. All over na being afraid of being attack by someone or something. N yet I think the laws are gonna change that. People are not dumb just hurting the people who enjoy the hobby people that want to do harm or unlawful things we use other means as they always have with no traces
2021-1-2
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansd3e6ab70 Posted at 1-2 19:49
It’s all another nonsense way the government tries to control our daily lives. All over na being afraid of being attack by someone or something. N yet I think the laws are gonna change that. People are not dumb just hurting the people who enjoy the hobby people that want to do harm or unlawful things we use other means as they always have with no traces

I'm not saying the government is doing wrong, maybe because I used to work for it...in a way. I am not in that paranoid camp. I just think this will work out in the long run and it makes no sense to get upset about it now. Use your conscience (if any) in your flying and it will be fine....or at least close to it ;-)
2021-1-2
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Personally, I think the government should ONLY be allowed to collect information when someone is flying in controlled airspace, not anywhere on earth.  They have no right to know if I fly in uncontrolled airspace...for example, inside my house or some other place on earth where the airspace is not regulated.

im not always up to speed on the current drone laws since they change so often, could you please tell me more about this statement you made (paraphrase):  "...flying within 5 miles of a major airport."  is that a new law?
2021-1-2
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

To answer your first question, yes you do need to worry about the FAA. They are the Federal agency that controls all US airspace from 1" on up. So if you want to fly a drone, you need to comply with regulations. One of those is flying within line of sight of your drone. The other is flying at night restrictions. The other is max altitude. I suggest you read up on the current laws. There are plenty of sites and YouTube videos explaining it.

Many of your comments concern me, as it appears you wish to bypass the laws in order to fly when and where you want. That kind of wild west attitude is what caused the FAA years ago to require drones of certain sizes to be registered, and now the looming Remote ID mandate. This is the wrong attitude to have with this hobby or profession. It doesn't matter if an FAA person to catches you in the act of doing something wrong. Ordinary citizens are already quite concerned for their own safety and privacy with respect to drones. So they are on the lookout for anyone doing something they think might be breaking rules (right or wrong) to call the cops. And from what I read about the FAA shifting enforcement duties to local law enforcement for education or investigation drone pilots, this already has me worried. Cops don't have time to learn the volumes of FAA regs, so this is more likely to turn into an investigation rather than an opportunity for education.

you said "...And from what I read about the FAA shifting enforcement duties to local law enforcement for education or investigation drone pilots, this already has me worried."

you shouldn't be worried about this unless you don't know your rights or you live in one of those states that isn't free like california or new york.
2021-1-2
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

To answer your first question, yes you do need to worry about the FAA. They are the Federal agency that controls all US airspace from 1" on up. So if you want to fly a drone, you need to comply with regulations. One of those is flying within line of sight of your drone. The other is flying at night restrictions. The other is max altitude. I suggest you read up on the current laws. There are plenty of sites and YouTube videos explaining it.

Many of your comments concern me, as it appears you wish to bypass the laws in order to fly when and where you want. That kind of wild west attitude is what caused the FAA years ago to require drones of certain sizes to be registered, and now the looming Remote ID mandate. This is the wrong attitude to have with this hobby or profession. It doesn't matter if an FAA person to catches you in the act of doing something wrong. Ordinary citizens are already quite concerned for their own safety and privacy with respect to drones. So they are on the lookout for anyone doing something they think might be breaking rules (right or wrong) to call the cops. And from what I read about the FAA shifting enforcement duties to local law enforcement for education or investigation drone pilots, this already has me worried. Cops don't have time to learn the volumes of FAA regs, so this is more likely to turn into an investigation rather than an opportunity for education.

ordinary citizens are concerned about drones, really?  you honestly believe the faa is advancing rules and new drone laws because the citizens are concerned?  lol lol
2021-1-2
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansd3e6ab70 Posted at 1-2 19:37
I agree with you there should only be in controller airspace or in heavy city’s with skyscrapers.

i think you mean the "navigable" airspace as opposed to the controlled and uncontrolled airspace, no?
2021-1-2
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

"one of those states that isn't free like california or new york."

Jesus, never fails.  Upside down logic and the Renaissance in reverse. There is always one of those paranoid individuals who predictably still contests the fair election... What a waste. Of the two states I would like to live in Cal and NY are at the top of my list. It's expensive for a reason....desirable.
2021-1-2
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

agreed, there's nothing to worry about; just fly your drone this year and next year.  then, you can start to get worried.
2021-1-2
Use props
trader6777
lvl.4
United States

I would never encourage someone to break the speed limit, but if they do, that's their business.
2021-1-2
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 1-2 20:08
"one of those states that isn't free like california or new york."

you missed my point.  places like ny and cali are well known for adopting and enforcing federal law as if it were state law.  or, they pass their own state laws that read just like the federal law so their agents can enforce it even though they have no jurisdiction.   you can't deny that.  my state is free and they understand and respect the constitution and would never violate your rights.
this has nothing to do with the election, let's keep in non-political please.
2021-1-2
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

trader6777 Posted at 1-2 20:11
I would never encourage someone to break the speed limit, but if they do, that's their business.  Same thing with drone laws. The only exception that I feel a responsibility to discourage is, flying within a mile of an airport.  A small drone near an aircraft that's taking off or landing can be distracting, and that puts peoples lives at risk.

i fly within 4 miles of an airport, is that ok?
2021-1-2
Use props
trader6777
lvl.4
United States

The Saint Posted at 1-2 20:15

Check Airmap.
2021-1-2
Use props
djiuser_WpD2lOJLRBIJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1476125 ft
United States

I see a lot of your reply’s and we have a very similar outlook on these things.fly how you want and don’t bother anyone doing it and your fine.I started a thread today,called the political side of drones.talking about people blaming regulations on hobbyists.it is extremely incorrect statement and I encourage everyone here to look at my thread.especially the op.as I speak on this and would love to further speak on these matters with opposing opinions.I also almost only fly at night due to working during the day and always fly bvlos because I’m in my back yard.but these things absolutely do not fall from the sky and hit people.that’s a fucking retarded notion to believe. And they don’t hit aircraft.it just doesint happen.has it ever happened? Sure, but it’s more rare then poliovirus.these regulations are coming because people useing these thing’s commercially for all kinds of .... And now Amazon will have a thousand drones in the sky at all times. Great solution....give them r.I.c. Numbers...that’s a thought out solution to stopping them from damaging property and people....put a number on it. Lol and people believe this ... and support it. It’s nuts.
2021-1-2
Use props
djiuser_WpD2lOJLRBIJ
lvl.2
United States

Do you think we should be able to fly when and where we want as long as it is not interfacing with people on the ground? Or do you feel there should be some kind of regulation that only hinders the honest man and motivates the criminal? And this is not a profession. People commercializing this hobby is why we are being commercially regulated.for 90% of drone operators their flying consists of recreational flying.compare the sales to the number of  registered drones and certified 107’s. A micron percentage of operators are using these for financial gain, yet almost all the regulations are set around commercial use,but over reach into the recreational sector.your the problem my friend,by supporting regulation to begin with.
2021-1-2
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Night flights, BVLOS, don’t know where your Mini is, 300m high.....  sounds like you absolutely should be worried about the FAA
2021-1-3
Use props
fansd3e6ab70
lvl.3
United States

No matter how far I fly or how high just because I can’t see it does not mean I don’t know where it is I know my area better then law enforcement or anyone else at that matter. Am not paranoid I just speak the trust about what’s going on in today’s world looking at what they are doing to vapes firearms and everything else now drones. They want a piece of everything sorry
2021-1-3
Use props
Lisa3 AKA Karen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I don’t think the mini 2 should be worried, maybe you just a little but no matter I don’t have a dog in the hunt.
I do like to drink and drive just for the challenge, laws and regulations be damned!
2021-1-3
Use props
Lisa3 AKA Karen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 1-2 20:15

I use the B4UFLY app, it shows areas that could cause concern, big blue circle around the nearest airport.
No areas that are a concern near me, none that I could reach on a charge and expect to see it again.

Should have the 6 battery drone on Wednesday but I’ll start with 1 battery.
2021-1-3
Use props
djiuser_WpD2lOJLRBIJ
lvl.2
United States

Lisa3 AKA Karen Posted at 1-3 07:06
I don’t think the mini 2 should be worried, maybe you just a little but no matter I don’t have a dog in the hunt.
I do like to drink and drive just for the challenge, laws and regulations be damned!
And we see how -drinking under the influence- laws worked so well on curbing that...these new drone laws on the way should deffinitly eliminate the barely a handful amount of incidents where drones hit other ... in flight or flew over a stadium. A registrational number scotch taped to the leg of the drone for identification is going to make these guys think twice before flying over that ridge line out of sight.or the guy who wants to film a parade and the drone falls and kills a child completly decapitating him in one smooth motion all in the name of these damn recreational pilots that shoulda had to get that damn chapter 107! Lol.thats literally how these -authoritarian pro government insight commercialize everything-retards think. That these regulations are going to improve the drone industry from a consumer stand point.these regulations are niether for us nor the innocent civilians on the ground that are being slaughtered by falling drones and aircrafts.
2021-1-3
Use props
Lisa3 AKA Karen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Just a friendly suggestion, can use please use paragraphs, I start to sweat reading your posts?

I apologize, didn't mean to single out one person.

I tried reading a post on EU regulation delays and almost went into a coma.
I'm sure there was a lot of good information in the post but I gave up.

2021-1-3
Use props
fans8e299cb6
Second Officer
United States

Terrible advice.
2021-1-3
Use props
fans8e299cb6
Second Officer
United States

The Saint Posted at 1-2 19:56
im not always up to speed on the current drone laws since they change so often, could you please tell me more about this statement you made (paraphrase):  "...flying within 5 miles of a major airport."  is that a new law?

Not a new law.  It's been around for a while.  You want to know why, here it is:

https://www.marketwatch.com/stor ... bid%20operating%20a,a%20waiver%20from%20the%20FAA.

Also, instead of spending time here asking these questions, I suggest you visit  FAA.gov for more info.

https://www.faa.gov/uas/
2021-1-3
Use props
djiuser_NMEGPFEC1Ic8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9616 ft
United States

I am worried about the attitude some UAV pilots have about laws and FAA regulations. I we were all flying within the existing rules and responsibly, the FAA wouldn't have to issue new stricter rules and ruin our hobby. And yes FAA will cause you a lot of grief if they catch you wantonly flaunting the laws.
PLEASE do read the regulations....at the very least you hopefully read the basic stuff DJI supplies with their drones. If you are flying at night without 107, over 300 meters, not LOS.....you are just asking for grief and possibly a huge fine and jail time.  The rest of us hobbiest and yes, 107 license holders will suffer if people continue to flaunt the law.
2021-1-3
Use props
Lisa3 AKA Karen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Does any of this really surprise you?

Agree or disagree if we follow as best we can it won’t give those who make the rules cause or course to take even more action.

I even took the test to get the ID, not so I can fly in a different country but so I can learn and not be ignorant to the CAA rrules when mentioned in posts.
I now understand the popularity of the mini and mini2 in regards to the CAA rules.

You can certainly try, and I applaud you trying, but in the me society I don’t think you’ll change their way of thinking.
2021-1-3
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Yep, you should follow the rules... specially if you are going to publish content on the internet.

Think of it as driving, you don't follow the rules 100% of time (maybe just 95% of time), but the difference is that aerial fines are much higher... although cars/motorcycles/trucks/etc kill thousands of people every year and drones not (unless you are flying a Predator with Tomahawks XD).

What you should NEVER do is fly near airports or be a danger to other people or manned aircrafts. Mini 2 is C0 class, so it's mostly harmless but that doesn't mean you can fly like an idiot, allways fly responsably.
2021-1-3
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans8e299cb6 Posted at 1-3 08:50
Not a new law.  It's been around for a while.  You want to know why, here it is:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-is-what-happens-when-drones-get-too-close-to-airports-2019-01-24#:~:text=Federal%20rules%20forbid%20operating%20a,a%20waiver%20from%20the%20FAA.

there is no 5-mile rule any longer, the faa has done away with that.  instead you need to get authorization in controlled airspace.  seems you are the one who needs to spend more time on the faa site and refrain from posting opinions found on various other websites.  maybe going forward you can stop repeating it is illegal to fly within 5 miles of a major airport...because it isn't.  btw, in case you haven't already figured it out, i already knew this...for a couple of years now.
2021-1-3
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

..and then there is this exchange with the king's men:  video at the 6:20 mark.https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D757%26typeid%3D757

lots of police and citizens and even drone pilots believe it is illegal to fly a drone within 5 miles of an airport even with laanc and/or a waiver.

recreational pilots likely can't get a waiver and to most people who don't understand, laanc doesn't rise to the level of a waiver.

so be prepared depending on where you live (and in which country you reside).
2021-1-3
Use props
djiuser_LSA2v8XVnCFw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

The only reason to worry is if you’re doing something you shouldn’t be. An someone reports you or you crash and cause personal injuries. If you mean when remote ID comes out it’s doubtful they mess with the mini imo
2021-1-3
Use props
fansd3e6ab70
lvl.3
United States

Again I don’t fly by people or airports so what ever I have my own lol area to fly in and we keep flying in it so everyone can stop with the attitude towards me because I don’t like the way everything is playing out and never have. It’s the government grasping for more control and that’s that
2021-1-3
Use props
fans8e299cb6
Second Officer
United States

The Saint Posted at 1-3 17:20
..and then there is this exchange with the king's men:  video at the 6:20 mark.https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=232772&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D757%26typeid%3D757

lots of police and citizens and even drone pilots believe it is illegal to fly a drone within 5 miles of an airport even with laanc and/or a waiver.

You're tunnel visioned and missing the point.  The point is, don't fly irresponsibly (break FAA laws).  As long as you get that, you'll be just fine ...... grasshopper.
2021-1-3
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans8e299cb6 Posted at 1-3 19:53
You're tunnel visioned and missing the point.  The point is, don't fly irresponsibly (break FAA laws).  As long as you get that, you'll be just fine ...... grasshopper.

glad you walked back your statement.  please don't repeat that phrase "it's illegal to fly within 5 miles of an airport."
2021-1-3
Use props
Lisa3 AKA Karen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

https://www.faa.gov/uas/recreati ... ying_near_airports/
2021-1-4
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now