RC not conected to mobile device in DJI Mini 2
1035 10 2021-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Bf8jwhGKerg1
lvl.1
Spain

When I'm connecting my phone to the drone, a message appears: ''RC not conected to mobile device''. Until now, the connection has been possible only twice with my phone (after resetting everything), beacuse it's working properly with others.
I've been reading lots of tips in this forum: enable USB debugging and modidfy default USB configurtion (in the developer options), donwload the lastest version of the app from DJI website, restart my phone, modify app permissions... But, none of it worked.

- DJI Mini 2.
- Mobile device: Samsung Galaxy M31 (Android 10).
- App: v1.2.1 (from Google Play store) and v1.2.2 (from DJi website).

Did anyone else experience the same issue? Could anyone solve it?

Thank you!
2021-1-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_Bf8jwhGKerg1. Thanks for reaching out! Sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. You can try removing the RC Cable to the port, wait for about 10 seconds, reconnect it then test it again. If possible, we suggest that you also test out other devices, preferably our recommended mobile devices, which use the same RC Cable to test whether you need to have your RC Cable replaced.

2021-1-3
Use props
djiuser_Bf8jwhGKerg1
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-3 03:22
Hi, djiuser_Bf8jwhGKerg1. Thanks for reaching out! Sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. You can try removing the RC Cable to the port, wait for about 10 seconds, reconnect it then test it again. If possible, we suggest that you also test out other devices, preferably our recommended mobile devices, which use the same RC Cable to test whether you need to have your RC Cable replaced.

[view_image]

I've tried it, but it hasn't worked. However, the same RC Cable is well-functioting with other mobile device (one in he recommended list).
Could you give any other advide? Thank you ver much!
2021-1-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_Bf8jwhGKerg1 Posted at 1-4 22:13
I've tried it, but it hasn't worked. However, the same RC Cable is well-functioting with other mobile device (one in he recommended list).
Could you give any other advide? Thank you ver much!

If there's an option for Connection Mode, we suggest to set it to Charging Only. You may also try to switch between MPT or PTP Mode. Should the same problem persists, it is advised to use a recommended mobile device instead.
2021-1-5
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

Have you removed any case on the phone? The rectangular plastic around the connector doesn't play well with the typically smaller cutouts on cases and while it feels OK I had a couple of similar disconnects before learning to always remove any case on the phone.
2021-1-5
Use props
djiuser_Bf8jwhGKerg1
lvl.1
Spain

Peter Galbavy Posted at 1-5 00:57
Have you removed any case on the phone? The rectangular plastic around the connector doesn't play well with the typically smaller cutouts on cases and while it feels OK I had a couple of similar disconnects before learning to always remove any case on the phone.

Thank you very much! I've already removed the case... without success.
2021-1-6
Use props
djiuser_Bf8jwhGKerg1
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-5 00:26
If there's an option for Connection Mode, we suggest to set it to Charging Only. You may also try to switch between MPT or PTP Mode. Should the same problem persists, it is advised to use a recommended mobile device instead.

Ok, I'll try to switch between MPT or PTP Mode, beacuse I've already set Connection Mode to Charging Only or Midi.
Thank you very much!
2021-1-6
Use props
djiuser_2LUArLDqnZvX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2253104 ft
Kazakhstan

Big request - please write if you manage to connect the remote control and the smartphone (without replacing this smartphone).
2021-1-7
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

djiuser_Bf8jwhGKerg1, do you have the cable connected to the port in the recess of where the phone holder slides in and out of?  If not, check in there for
a short black cable and unplug the ends that are close to the back of the recess.  Hope this helps, it is what my main problem was.
2021-1-7
Use props
djiuser_1UNrczVsJYaA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 172103 ft
Spain

Hi! i had the same issues recently and now i´m having even a new issue , whe  i turn on the mini 2 and the RC, wich previosly is connected to my celular (Mi 8), the RC stars beepping, and i have no connection to the drone such i have no control on the RC sttion and the dji fly app quits!!!more than three  times repeating the same situation after i can manage the mini 2, never had any of these problems before the very last updates (firmware, app, etc.), this "scares" to me and i´m not feeling secure to fly for a possible damage situation becaause of these issues, anyone had the same issue? does someone know any solution?, can i  go back to previous versions of firmware , etc.?, thank you all, and happy new year!
2021-1-7
Use props
djiuser_Bf8jwhGKerg1
lvl.1
Spain

djiuser_2LUArLDqnZvX Posted at 1-7 11:55
Big request - please write if you manage to connect the remote control and the smartphone (without replacing this smartphone).

For the moment, I haven't solved it... (using my phone)
2021-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules