812 10 2021-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

UPDATE: I have removed the video because the person who owns the construction property threatened to sue me. They said my video was causing them negative publicity (not the fact that it's been sitting 2 years unfinished.) The best part of the message I received from this woman was that she asked me to teach her how to fly drones, because she liked my video so much she went out and bought a M2P. But also, she will sue me if the video isn't removed.

I drive this route about once a week and I've seen this HUGE modern house sticking out of the trees for (I think) 2 years. I asked a few friends who work in construction why it was taking so long to complete and they gave me pretty weird answers including; it was built too tall, and it was shut down by the Home Owners Association. I shot some video and posted to a local Facebook and got 2000 views in less than 24 hours and I've had several people private message me with more weird theory's. The 2 strongest theorys right now are; there are problems with it's structural integrity, and the couple building it are in the middle of a divorce and own millions in back taxes.

2021-1-3
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Nicely done. A drone is quite practical to take a look inside - without bothering anyone.
2021-1-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I love a good mystery.  Nicely done.    
2021-1-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wow.
That is quite a strange thing.
Sad to see.
But well captured.
2021-1-3
Use props
QQRUCH
Second Officer
Flight distance : 595518 ft
Spain

very mysterious. although the style of the house breaks with those of the neighbors ... thanks for sharing this history!
2021-1-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nicely done.  Mysteries are always fun to try and solve.  
2021-1-3
Use props
VanzPix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Or just that they realized it was ugly compared to the neighbors
2021-1-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It does look rather incongruous compared to the others in the neighbourhood.
2021-1-3
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 1-3 12:38
It does look rather incongruous compared to the others in the neighbourhood.

For sure. And I actually learned that there was a traditional style mansion that was torn down to make way for this new modern house. The "old" house was only 20 years old and was valued at $750,000. I guess all the doors, windows, and fixtures were donated to a local a local charity to raise money for Habitat for Humanity.

I think the new house will look cool when finished, but right now is certainly an eye sore since it sits unfinished for so long.
2021-1-3
Use props
9to5Voyager
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7064364 ft
United States

I will gladly take it off their hands for them.
2021-1-3
Use props
KnNLmS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

too bad, an unfortunate loose for that nice ground.
2021-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules