12Next >
3444 53 2021-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sbonev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

Well, as expected the new regulations entered and little chaos is ensuing...i tried registering before the new year but most countries, in particular Bulgaria and Spain, didn't have the system working, the only way was emailing filled form, so i really wanted to be surprised by an working automated system on the 1st day.Well no way...In Switzerland where i live mostly the new regulations are postponed for an unforeseeable future...so there is no way to register in Switzerland for the moment. On 1st of January i tried registering on the newly operational Bulgarian site and not to my surprise i got a confirmation that once my application is processed i will get an email, which i guess is not expected before the 1st working day on 4th, as somebody has to manually process it. On the Spanish site apart from the loading times of half an hour or so, i was surpised by another drawback - as a foreign national with Spanish NIE i had to input an operator id which aparently the only way to achieve was by registering in Bulgaria. So if somebody lives in Spain, but is a foreign national for the moment they cannot register there as operators, unless they hold a Spanish passport. So basically there are regulations, but as there are many countries involved there is little coordination for the moment and a lot of things are not well thought. And given the fact they postponed the whole crap for 6 months due to the corona virus, one would expect they could have given it a little thought and clear the little details. And lastly apart from the difficult navigation on the few websites i tried, their quality is beyond ridiculous for a system that was in the works at least for an year. They look like last-minute scrambled with little QA and not taking into considerations the real-world usage and load. Probably in some countries is working better, i don't doubt that, but in the only 3 that i can register for the moment to me it seems like a little disaster

2021-1-3
Use props
djiuser_jlXvtbqzCyHi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4725190 ft
Spain

I can just agree with you (living in spain).... it is even difficult to find the website for the registration if you dont have the link... on top at the moment it seems just to work with a digital certification (of personal id) which not everyone has, and even here looks like a lot have problem with that....... also the web page is collapsing all the time......doesn't look like a EU standard... quite annoying.......

Also the online courses a not available yet, i read somewhere maybe around march...
2021-1-3
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Switzerland

djiuser_jlXvtbqzCyHi Posted at 1-3 03:49
I can just agree with you (living in spain).... it is even difficult to find the website for the registration if you dont have the link... on top at the moment it seems just to work with a digital certification (of personal id) which not everyone has, and even here looks like a lot have problem with that....... also the web page is collapsing all the time......doesn't look like a EU standard... quite annoying.......

Also the online courses a not available yet, i read somewhere maybe around march...

yeah, i really enjoyed searching for the right link...it was page after page clicking on links with a lot of explanations and useless information that only confused, not to mention that they overdid themselves with the english translation, ... there are 2 options, with or without the digital signature, as i don't have it i tried the link without and with only a NIE. I think it works, the only thing is i don't have operator id, which was a required field once i chose my nationality to be different than Spain, so i couldn't see if it actually does something. There were a lot of errors true, so it might not be working properly. And for Spain this is real issue, as there are more strict with drones and if caught you can get good fine if not registered now that the new regulation is active. For Bulgaria thankfully is not that strict, so i can survive waiting to be registered a couple of weeks. And in Switzerland i don't care as they won't be requiring it soon, not to mention the crappy weather does not allow me to fly much
2021-1-3
Use props
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

apart from having to pay my £9 drone tax (registration) really happy with the new freedoms with the Mini here in the UK, I’m sure it will not be long before all the irresponsible idiots ruin it for the hobby drone flyers
2021-1-3
Use props
djiuser_267jcyL97zif
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15738737 ft
Bulgaria

Regulations in Bulgaria? Haha come on just fly nobody cares.
2021-1-3
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Switzerland

djiuser_267jcyL97zif Posted at 1-3 04:50
Regulations in Bulgaria? Haha come on just fly nobody cares.

yeah i do, but it is good to have the registration for the rest of Europe...actually it is a must.
2021-1-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It works oke in the Netherlands (only cost money!)

Just finish my A1/A3 and A2 exams, registerd and within minutes after paying the bill ; licences in my mailbox.

cheers
JJB
2021-1-3
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Switzerland

JJB* Posted at 1-3 04:59

Just finish my A1/A3 and A2 exams, registerd and within minutes after paying the bill ; licences in my mailbox.

well  It has to work like that all across EU, i am still puzzled why not. And knowing how bureaucracy works in the Netherlands it is surprising you don't have to receive several letters by mail yet, or some other manual application. At least all the IT projects are executed well there.
2021-1-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

sbonev Posted at 1-3 05:06
well  It has to work like that all across EU, i am still puzzled why not. And knowing how bureaucracy works in the Netherlands it is surprising you don't have to receive several letters by mail yet, or some other manual application.  At least all the IT projects are executed well there.

i was surprised too!  all large scale govn IT projects are most of the time dead-on-start, but that is realized after few years and spending lots of money!

2021-1-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats JJB on getting your licenses.  
2021-1-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-3 08:18
Congrats JJB on getting your licenses.

thank you,  bit surprised that the A2 wasn`t difficult at all!
2021-1-3
Use props
moniek1996
lvl.3
Flight distance : 509577 ft
United Kingdom

They really should've postponed the launch of new regulations until people would be actually able to register...
I'm surprised that everything works fine in the UK. Perhaps would it be possible for you to register in another country without being the residence there? Rules are so vague and it's not clear what is and isn't allowed in terms registration...
2021-1-3
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Switzerland

moniek1996 Posted at 1-3 08:30
They really should've postponed the launch of new regulations until people would be actually able to register...
I'm surprised that everything works fine in the UK. Perhaps would it be possible for you to register in another country without being the residence there? Rules are so vague and it's not clear what is and isn't allowed in terms registration...

well i tried 3 countries and gave up i could try the netherlands, but i am avoiding everything dutch , as they tend to do things the idiotic way and besides that it is paid according to others' accounts. And for uk it is paid also, so can't see the benefit why to pay if i can get it free. Also every country requires ID for registration, at least in Spain and Bulgaria is like that, those being local IDs.  so it is hard to do it in a country you have never been registered i guess.
2021-1-3
Use props
djiuser_6BBFyi9TSaue
lvl.3

Japan

Hi

Living in the Netherlands but not fluent in Dutch can you provide the link you used?
My girl friend might help.

Thanks
2021-1-3
Use props
MeerPrat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2300069 ft
Netherlands

djiuser_6BBFyi9TSaue Posted at 1-3 09:57
Hi

Living in the Netherlands but not fluent in Dutch can you provide the link you used?
Here for the course: EU VLIEGBEWIJS BASIS A1 & A3 exclusief aanbod - Dutch Drone Academy
Here to register your drone: Aanvragen vliegebewijs en exploitantnummer voor een drone | RDW | RDW
2021-1-3
Use props
PilotJan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16299 ft

Germany

JJB* Posted at 1-3 08:24

How did you do A2 so fast? Was it also only an online test like A1/A3?
2021-1-3
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

It's still offline in Spain
2021-1-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

PilotJan Posted at 1-3 10:26
How did you do A2 so fast? Was it also only an online test like A1/A3?

yes, online test.  same as the A1/A3.
2021-1-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_6BBFyi9TSaue Posted at 1-3 09:57
Hi

good luck with the test!  and nice girl friend   ;-)
2021-1-3
Use props
tibzee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79616 ft
Switzerland

ad multiple countries and registration: I checked a few countries and I saw i.a. info "A UAS operator cannot be registered in more than one Member State at a time."
Good it's not here in Switzerland now
Cheers from ZH.
2021-1-3
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

I am Belgian, but living abroad out of the EU. I understand if I want to fly in the EU I have to have a registration.
When I look at the Belgian site for registration I need to have a Belgian address. You can't fill it in yourself, otherwise I could use the one of my daughter.. It comes automatically from your id. Which states I have no Belgian address.
2021-1-3
Use props
PilotJan
lvl.3

Germany

JJB* Posted at 1-3 11:30
yes, online test.  same as the A1/A3.

But A2 isn`t free or? Where did you it?
2021-1-4
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Switzerland

tibzee Posted at 1-3 15:51
ad multiple countries and registration: I checked a few countries and I saw i.a. info "A UAS operator cannot be registered in more than one Member State at a time."
Good it's not here in Switzerland now
Cheers from ZH.

yes, true. But as the regulations are not clear in this case scenario with Switzerland, where they postponed it, if you go and fly in EU country you might have issues.Hence i'd rather get it in my home country of Bulgaria...it is not that i need it for Switzerland. And when i do i would already have it...
2021-1-4
Use props
Tomrle
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38619 ft
Czechia

Did my licence before 31.12.  for my mini 2 in Czech Republic. Online and for free. 40 questions, took me cca 40 minutes.

Happy flying!
2021-1-4
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

PilotJan Posted at 1-4 02:17
But A2 isn`t free or? Where did you it?

what is for free in this world?     so it cost euro`s !

where, see post #22   but guess only for dutch people, as the online school provides a link to the dutch RDW for licences.

cheers
JJB
2021-1-4
Use props
Geeforce
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30128 ft
Netherlands

Same here in The Netherlands. Not clear on the website where, how and what to register.
2021-1-4
Use props
PilotJan
lvl.3

Germany

JJB* Posted at 1-4 03:15
what is for free in this world?     so it cost euro`s !

where, see post #22   but guess only for dutch people, as the online school provides a link to the dutch RDW for licences.

Thx. Just was wondering, because here in Germany A1/A3 was for free
Lol we also have unlimted  tries...
2021-1-4
Use props
KREMi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

A1/A3 free here too - online
rumors say, A2 should cost 5-6Euro for some operator/training 3rd party biurocracy.
still waiting how much a specific category license (for STS/NSTS operations) would cost...
2021-1-4
Use props
djiuser_3c2eQpIsVyeK
lvl.2
Poland

a1/a3 online in poland a2 also, but i get only a1/a3 and droneradar aplication for checkin when you want fly
2021-1-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 1-3 08:24

You're welcome.  
2021-1-4
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

PilotJan Posted at 1-4 06:32
Thx. Just was wondering, because here in Germany A1/A3 was for free
Lol we also have unlimted  tries...

So Weizen beer is better in Germany, cars are better and now the drone licences are for free!!   *&@%^#*!&%*!%#  ;-)

A2 is needed to fly in The Netherlands legacy drones (without CE marking) > 500 gram.

And i like my MA2 so much, so had to spent some money on it....
2021-1-4
Use props
PilotJan
lvl.3

Germany

JJB* Posted at 1-4 09:02
So Weizen beer is better in Germany, cars are better and now the drone licences are for free!!   *&@%^#*!&%*!%#  ;-)

A2 is needed to fly in The Netherlands legacy drones (without CE marking) > 500 gram.

There are also many things which are in the Netherlands better like the beaches. And it is more bike friendly.
I also want to buy a MA2 or wait for the M3 and then I would need A2... but here are the exams much more expansive like in the Netherlands^^
2021-1-4
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Switzerland

i finally got my ID from the Bulgarian site...As expected on the 1st working day of the year

now if i understand correctly i have to put it on the remote id of the drone itself in the dji fly app. And on the drone body as the 16 character ID or QR Code, so it is clearly visible, but being the mini 2 it cannot be too big to be visible, so i assume the small nano plaque from this link should be fine:

https://shop.drohnen.de/en/eu-drohnen-plakette-40/

Anyway that is another thing i don't understand, why they need this on the drone if it is already transmitted as the remote id...it is not like somebody could see the drone in the air, let alone read the operator id from a tiny plaque...
2021-1-4
Use props
tibzee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79616 ft
Switzerland

I'd prefer simply printed label and scotch tape over it ;)

ad why we need it? if you "kill" someone with your mini 2 and police find the body of the person and remainings of your mini 2 there is chance that they will find that way
2021-1-4
Use props
LomoKeso
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1160928 ft
Spain

I have been able to register today as an operator for the new European regulations and totally free from my PC
2021-1-4
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Switzerland

tibzee Posted at 1-4 10:39
I'd prefer simply printed label and scotch tape over it ;)

ad why we need it? if you "kill" someone with your mini 2 and police find the body of the person and remainings of your mini 2 there is chance that they will find that way

well on such event i doubt they will find much of the drone and definitely the last thing that will survive would be the label with the operator id...but it is true a label on the wing is the most tempting solution. though for 8 euros those plaques are quite good and clean solution, already have one with my details for just in case.
2021-1-4
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

So much better... as long as even the registration doesn't work nothing will change.

Once they will crack down on us there's no way they're not going to tighten the net even more... the objective is not public safeguard, it is elevate the most amount of taxes to discourage as many as possible.

In their mindset this is very true: if you don't drive you're not gonna crash, problem solved. They don't care about road safety, car crash protection and so on... they care about money.

2021-1-5
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Switzerland

m80116 Posted at 1-5 05:40
So much better... as long as even the registration doesn't work nothing will change.

Once they will crack down on us there's no way they're not going to tighten the net even more... the objective is not public safeguard, it is elevate the most amount of taxes to discourage as many as possible.

true, unfortunately things can only get worse. but for the time being it is what it is, so i registered and they can't bother me anymore...  
2021-1-5
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

sbonev Posted at 1-5 05:53
true, unfortunately things can only get worse. but for the time being it is what it is, so i registered and they can't bother me anymore...

Did you pay the insurance?

The thing that notices with footnotes character they don't cover if you fly over people, over rivers, over body of waters, over streets, over power lines, over everything that's not a potato field basically, which at that point you might have to deal with the fork armed landowner and possibly staked drone.

I take freedom to deal with the issues myself and that's just one: authorities. Fortunately enough the Police state is not a thing and I rather prefer to land my drone when some representative of the foul species comes to inspect.

2021-1-5
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Switzerland

m80116 Posted at 1-5 06:03
Did you pay the insurance?

The thing that notices with footnotes character they don't cover if you fly over people, over rivers, over body of waters, over streets, over power lines, over everything that's not a potato field basically, which at that point you might have to deal with the fork armed landowner and possibly staked drone.

insurance is not required for drones below 250 gr...that is why i stick to the mini drones, otherwise i would have gone to air 2... although in some countries they require insurance i think, this is based on country if i remember correctly from the last time i checked.
the only thing is the remote id broadcast that is not clear yet. in dji fly app it allows only 10 char while the uas pilot id is 16. hence i put it in the flight description, which should suffice.
2021-1-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules