Mounting the Canon C70 on the Ronin RS2
7875 7 2021-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
swild
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141932 ft
United States

I found it difficult to mount the C70 on Ronon RS2 using the supplied 1/4-20 screw. The C70's main tripod mount is a 3/8" hole and the 1/4-20 ones are to the left and right of it making it hard to balance on the Ronin no matter how you arrange it.
I found some 1/4-20 to 3/8 adapters that work great.
Buy these:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OKY ... ding=UTF8&psc=1
These work great because they fit all the way inside the C70's 3/8" tripod mount.

These other ones I found don't fit flush with the bottom of the C70 causing mounting issues and make the camera wobble when operating, so don't buy those type of adapters.

2021-1-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi there, thanks for sharing your experience on mounting the Canon C70.
You can also try the extended baseplate https://tilta.com/shop/extended-quick-release-baseplate/
However, currently the Canon C70 is not compatible on the RS2 as the USB-C is not supportive by this model, we are working on with the third party to make compatible cable that supports the camera functions.

Let us know if you still have any questions, cheers
2021-1-4
Use props
chalkgsy
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-4 04:29
Hi there, thanks for sharing your experience on mounting the Canon C70.
You can also try the extended baseplate https://tilta.com/shop/extended-quick-release-baseplate/
However, currently the Canon C70 is not compatible on the RS2 as the USB-C is not supportive by this model, we are working on with the third party to make compatible cable that supports the camera functions.

Hi DJI Wanda.

I was wondering if you had any update at all about the Ronin RS 2 and the Canon C70 at all?  I'm just hovering over buying one but have seen a few threads like these with potential issues?

Can you let me know if it's compatible or will be in the future, or if not if you have any recommendation for a different model?

Thanks!
2021-1-11
Use props
Chillaz
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-4 04:29
Hi there, thanks for sharing your experience on mounting the Canon C70.
However, currently the Canon C70 is not compatible on the RS2 as the USB-C is not supportive by this model, we are working on with the third party to make compatible cable that supports the camera functions.

Thats weird because in my case the c70 works just fine with the usb c. I can sharp the autofocus lens (canon 24 -105 IS) for example by the indexfinger wheel when the camera is connected by usb c.

What functions are the ones you mean are not supported yet?
2021-1-11
Use props
C70User
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1404 ft
United Kingdom

Chillaz Posted at 1-11 03:53
Thats weird because in my case the c70 works just fine with the usb c. I can sharp the autofocus lens (canon 24 -105 IS) for example by the indexfinger wheel when the camera is connected by usb c.

What functions are the ones you mean are not supported yet?

That's interesting, because when I connect the C70 to the RS2 by USB C it works for a very short time, and then the C70 completely freezes - I have to remove the battery to get it to work again. Firmware on both camera and gimbal is up to date.

Do you have any special setting in the C70s menu? Did you use the USB C cable supplied with the RS2? Grateful for any suggestions which would make things work without having to wait for the new cable.
2021-1-12
Use props
fans936e0407
lvl.1
Flight distance : 88212 ft
United States

C70User Posted at 1-12 01:48
That's interesting, because when I connect the C70 to the RS2 by USB C it works for a very short time, and then the C70 completely freezes - I have to remove the battery to get it to work again. Firmware on both camera and gimbal is up to date.

Do you have any special setting in the C70s menu? Did you use the USB C cable supplied with the RS2? Grateful for any suggestions which would make things work without having to wait for the new cable.

Same experience on my end, up to date and camera freezes when connected via provided USB C.
2021-2-15
Use props
fans5df65b2c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 173835 ft
  • >>>
China

I just experienced a freeze on my Canon C70 today after hitting the record button on my RS2. As per topic discussion, yes I find it hard to mount the C70 as it is off balance way too much. Thanks for the tip and I did found some hot shoe by Tilta but not sure if it really helps? Dear DJi, please help us on the C70 freeze problem on the DJi RS2!
2021-8-18
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

install the latest firmware from yesterday on you RS-2
2021-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now