Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Lots of confusing after the newly introduced attitude indicator in the FlyApp version 1.2.2.
But why introduce a new indicator as in the GoApp the 360 radar display / attitude indicator works great!

For users who have no experience with the GoApp indicator, see this video.
link > https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=144696

In the GoApp indicator the center is HP/RC. Drone is seen in the 360 degree scale somewhere....
Rotating the RC left or right to get drone arrow between center and white top triangle mark = drone in front of you !!

Easy to use, easy to visualize, easy and logical to understand !!  so why a new confusing indicator in the FlyApp??
I need specs to see the small blue arrow marking * on the RC dot wich indicates the viewing direction, while in the GoApp i simply see the drone arrow rotates in the 360 degree 'radar' display!

* plus bue dot is often behind the HP icon....
What do you think ??  Do vote, so we can convice DJI to change this for the better in 1.2.3.

cheers

Single SelectVote, Total 47 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

31.91% (15)
68.09% (32)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2021-1-3
Use props
djiuser_NMEGPFEC1Ic8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9616 ft
United States

I like having it available on both fly mode as well as on map mode.
2021-1-3
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I like the new radar and attitude hash lines where the HOme Point and RC locations are separate. My only complain is that RC blue dot is often covered by the Home Point and the orientation arrow is hard to see unless you move away from the home 15-30ft.
2021-1-3
Use props
Chill Pill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

I agree with your statement: Wich attitude indicator is the best
2021-1-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

JohnLietzke Posted at 1-3 11:28
I like the new radar and attitude hash lines where the HOme Point and RC locations are separate. My only complain is that RC blue dot is often covered by the Home Point and the orientation arrow is hard to see unless you move away from the home 15-30ft.

How often are the HP and RC locations different for normal flights ? 1% i guess

So GoApp is easier to use   ;-)  well   just my 2 cents

2021-1-3
Use props
Stu.Baby
lvl.4
Flight distance : 52218 ft
United Kingdom

I've only had my Mini 2 for one week but in that time I preferred the 1.2.1 style of drone position. I.e. the drone was shown relative to you (therefore easy to locate in the sky). Now, in 1.2.2, YOU are shown relative to the drone. I don't need to know where I AM!

DJI need to reinstate the 1.2.1 method but add it as an option. There are bound to be people who prefer the 1.2.2 style.
2021-1-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Stu.Baby Posted at 1-3 11:35
I've only had my Mini 2 for one week but in that time I preferred the 1.2.1 style of drone position. I.e. the drone was shown relative to you (therefore easy to locate in the sky). Now, in 1.2.2, YOU are shown relative to the drone. I don't need to know where I AM!

DJI need to reinstate the 1.2.1 method but add it as an option. There are bound to be people who prefer the 1.2.2 style.

true, did you watched the video in post #1    drone pos relative to you...
2021-1-3
Use props
Lisa3 AKA Karen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I prefer the map over either but if no map, Goapp indicator.
If I was blindfolded and dropped in an unknown area the red line will get the drone to me, after removing the blindfold.
I might like the attitude indicator if it wasn’t so small.
2021-1-3
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 1-3 11:34
How often are the HP and RC locations different for normal flights ? 1% i guess

So GoApp is easier to use   ;-)  well   just my 2 cents

Not for me. I am 50% of the time far away from the so-called home point, which is often of no use to me at all. Since this is an indicator of convenience, it makes no sense to give priority to the home point. It should be with the RC location. The home point does not care where the drone is, but the operator of the RC does,

Of course the display would be more difficult to update when the reference is constantly moving, but the technology is advancing fast enough to make that move now.

2021-1-3
Use props
fans017bca4d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

i watched your video and i have the exact same radar on my old phantom 3, i would love to have the same on my mini 2.
2021-1-3
Use props
darinhouston
lvl.1
Flight distance : 300512 ft
United States

I really love that GoApp solution - better yet, an option for RC-centric or drone-centric -- I also want something always on screen showing relative directions.

While I'm at it, I saw that GoApp m/s v^ and thought for a minute that was vertical speed - that might be a good addition.  
2021-1-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JJB*. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted here at DJI Forum and for creating this poll as well. Again thank you for your support and Happy New Year to you and to your family.
2021-1-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

GaryDoug Posted at 1-3 14:42
Not for me. I am 50% of the time far away from the so-called home point, which is often of no use to me at all. Since this is an indicator of convenience, it makes no sense to give priority to the home point. It should be with the RC location. The home point does not care where the drone is, but the operator of the RC does,

Of course the display would be more difficult to update when the reference is constantly moving, but the technology is advancing fast enough to make that move now.

ofcourse RC position is more important, so reset HP to RC position, GoApp works well for you   ;-)

Better is is an option (enable|disable) in any app to update HP to RC position every * seconds.

cheers
JJB
2021-1-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

GoApp indicator for the win.  
2021-1-4
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

GaryDoug Posted at 1-3 14:42

A mixture of GoApp and dynamic home point would be perfect.
I also move much more often while flying than just standing in one place as if grown on. As already mentioned in the thread "Dynamic Homepoint", I would like to see such a function. A continuous Homepoint update is not difficult or slows down the system, it works perfectly in the Litchi app on an (old) Samsung S7, then DJI should manage it too, see ...

2021-1-4
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

The Go App looks more useful and easier to understand.
2021-1-4
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

jonny007 Posted at 1-4 07:25
I also move much more often while flying than just standing in one place as if grown on. As already mentioned in the thread "Dynamic Homepoint", I would like to see such a function. A continuous Homepoint update is not difficult or slows down the system, it works perfectly in the Litchi app on an (old) Samsung S7, then DJI should manage it too, see ...

Guess only few lines of code in the FlyApp to get dymanic HP working.

The manual version is already working ; open menu  update HP  and click oke....(as by default new HP is set at current drone location)

cheers
JJB
2021-1-4
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dynamic home point would work for me since I am constantly moving. I would be very busy doing it manually.
2021-1-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

jonny007 Posted at 1-4 07:25
I also move much more often while flying than just standing in one place as if grown on. As already mentioned in the thread "Dynamic Homepoint", I would like to see such a function. A continuous Homepoint update is not difficult or slows down the system, it works perfectly in the Litchi app on an (old) Samsung S7, then DJI should manage it too, see ...

Great idea.  Should only be some additional coding but is DJI willing to do this?  I have to admit that Litchi developers seem to always be a cut above the DJI developers.
2021-1-5
Use props
davidms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 428186 ft
Canada

I like the GoApp version better but a Dynamic Home Point would be awesome! On that note I seem to have an issue with my attitude indicator in that it shows it's 90 degrees off from the correct orientation. I have tried the suggestions of calibration etc but it seems on an iphone 12 Calibration of the compass is automatic. It shows heading correctly in built in ios maps app and google maps. But in the view in DJI fly it's rotated 90 degrees. Is there a way to fix this? thx.
2021-1-5
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

davidms Posted at 1-5 07:36
I like the GoApp version better but a Dynamic Home Point would be awesome! On that note I seem to have an issue with my attitude indicator in that it shows it's 90 degrees off from the correct orientation. I have tried the suggestions of calibration etc but it seems on an iphone 12 Calibration of the compass is automatic. It shows heading correctly in built in ios maps app and google maps. But in the view in DJI fly it's rotated 90 degrees. Is there a way to fix this? thx.

Hi david,

Sorry, i am an Android user, Do not understand the logic in het iOS menus...   ;-)

Mayby an iPhone12 user can tune in ?

cheers
JJB
2021-1-5
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

davidms Posted at 1-5 07:36
I like the GoApp version better but a Dynamic Home Point would be awesome! On that note I seem to have an issue with my attitude indicator in that it shows it's 90 degrees off from the correct orientation. I have tried the suggestions of calibration etc but it seems on an iphone 12 Calibration of the compass is automatic. It shows heading correctly in built in ios maps app and google maps. But in the view in DJI fly it's rotated 90 degrees. Is there a way to fix this? thx.

It’s not your phone, my xr10 is also off, compass on mobile is perfect, it’s an app issue
2021-1-5
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The new attitude display on the flyapp is quite intuitive; and it also proves that my Mini2 is NOT flying in a straight line!
2021-1-5
Use props
BaliSkies
lvl.3

Australia

Monkey007 Posted at 1-5 22:31
The new attitude display on the flyapp is quite intuitive; and it also proves that my Mini2 is NOT flying in a straight line!

I hate that the Homepoint rotates around the drone. It should be like Go where the drone rotates round the HP. Makes much more sense. I sometimes wonder whether companies like DJI actually give any thought to user-friendliness when they implement these changes.
2021-1-6
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

BaliSkies Posted at 1-6 00:03
I hate that the Homepoint rotates around the drone. It should be like Go where the drone rotates round the HP. Makes much more sense. I sometimes wonder whether companies like DJI actually give any thought to user-friendliness when they implement these changes.

It's similar to the sat nav in our cars where some people prefer the North-up view while some prefer the Vehicle-heading view. But perhaps DJI software engineers should make it possible to switch between blue arrow spinning around home point and home point spinning around the blue arrow.
2021-1-6
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Monkey007 Posted at 1-5 22:31

well, i think it is not intuitive....look at all the normal radar screen in air traffic control ground and air radar, on ships etc.

Objects are projected iin the 360 display around the center or projected in a map view, not like the flyapp where the drone is the center!  That is the reason why to GoApp 360 display is so good....   ;-)

But no offend from me to you, if you like the FlyApp better ; no problem with that

cheers
JJB
2021-1-7
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

In my opinion the new radar fails, again ill thought out by DJI, did the beta testers not report you can’t see the controller orientation when close to the home point? Also, the orientation is out by 90 degrees and no it’s not my iPhone compass that is wrong or the influence of the controller.  It’s like DJI just keep trying to reinvent the wheel, I like the Fly app but why they couldn’t have borrowed some elements that work from the Go4 app is just beyond me, should have copied the radar and the data configuration at the top of the screen as it’s still difficult to see all the text when you have a bright sky in your recording.
2021-1-7
Use props
Lisa3 AKA Karen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hi JJB, I think this is what you might like.
It also works on either camera or map view.
You just have to get DJI to implement.

2021-1-7
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Lisa3 AKA Karen Posted at 1-7 07:55
Hi JJB, I think this is what you might like.
It also works on either camera or map view.
You just have to get DJI to implement.

thanks Lisa,

Only pictures doesn`t say much, but if the drone is he center ; imo not the best solution.

Think about all air traffic control, ground radars etc  or aircraft radars, objects presented in a 360 around you (center)

cheers
JJB
2021-1-8
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

The GoApp indicator is hands down better!
I've just unpacked my newly-arrived Mini 2 and doing some some testing with motors off at home, getting to know the app, the controls and the machine.
Compass was one of the first things I checked and was confused by it.
I did not even see that there was a tiny blue tiangalish dot until I read this post, JJB! And I went about 8 meters away the stationary from the drone to check how the compass behaved at a distance. The Go App definitely has a more intuitive compass, and it also has a attitude indicator in the form of an artificial horizon, which is also easier to read, than the two grey horizontal dashes in FlyApp.

And as TDZHDTV wrote, the tiny blue triangle is 90 degrees off. When I stand facing the drone and the drone is facing straight back at me, the triangle is pointing to the right.

2021-1-8
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

BumblerBee Posted at 1-8 11:55
The GoApp indicator is hands down better!
I've just unpacked my newly-arrived Mini 2 and doing some some testing with motors off at home, getting to know the app, the controls and the machine.
Compass was one of the first things I checked and was confused by it.

i agree  ;-)  FlyApp compass radar indicator is confusing.

I flew yesterday on 1.2.2.   Could hardly see wich way i had to point the RC to the drone using the tiny blue arrow....  if DJI is wise, discard this and use the GoApp indicator instead!

cheers
JJB
2021-1-9
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

JJB* Posted at 1-9 02:31
i agree  ;-)  FlyApp compass radar indicator is confusing.

I flew yesterday on 1.2.2.   Could hardly see wich way i had to point the RC to the drone using the tiny blue arrow....  if DJI is wise, discard this and use the GoApp indicator instead!

Another argument for this is "don't change the look of familiar instruments". The is a reason why in air plane the artificial horizon looks the same on the MFD as it did/does on the analogue gauges. Or why you can instantly identify all the essential instruments regardless if you sit in the cockpit of a Russian-made or an American-made air plane.
2021-1-9
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

BumblerBee Posted at 1-9 03:12
Another argument for this is "don't change the look of familiar instruments". The is a reason why in air plane the artificial horizon looks the same on the MFD as it did/does on the analogue gauges. Or why you can instantly identify all the essential instruments regardless if you sit in the cockpit of a Russian-made or an American-made air plane.

true, but lot of users don`t have an aviation (pilot, navigator or flight engineer) background/experience.

So if you see for the first time a radar display as in the FlyApp you will try to understand and use it...not knowing that it is a wrong way of displaying position and attitude information.

Hope that DJI will listen to this and change this in the 1.2.3 FlyApp version (like the GoApp display)

cheers
JJB
2021-1-9
Use props
MartG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 372533 ft
United Kingdom

As far as indicating which direction the drone is to point your antenna the new compass is as much use as a chocolate teapot

At best it shows as a tiny blue spec peeking out from under the home point icon, almost invisible on my iphone screen. Once the drone is more than a few metres away it seems like the icons change scale so the direction indicator is completely obscured - the further away the drone is ( which is when you REALLY need to see at a glance the direction the drone is in ) the worse the issue becomes.

To me this makes 1.2.2 unusable for all but the shortest range flights.

Please reinstated the old, easy to see direction indicator
2021-1-9
Use props
Lisa3 AKA Karen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 1-8 01:42
thanks Lisa,

Only pictures doesn`t say much, but if the drone is he center ; imo not the best solution.

Hi JJB,

?  works the same as the one in your video. As you fly forward the home point is in the center.
What I like about it is you can view in camera or map view.
2021-1-9
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

MartG Posted at 1-9 10:48
As far as indicating which direction the drone is to point your antenna the new compass is as much use as a chocolate teapot

At best it shows as a tiny blue spec peeking out from under the home point icon, almost invisible on my iphone screen. Once the drone is more than a few metres away it seems like the icons change scale so the direction indicator is completely obscured - the further away the drone is ( which is when you REALLY need to see at a glance the direction the drone is in ) the worse the issue becomes.

very short range flights;  flights < 15 meter away from HP!
2021-1-10
Use props
AdmBenson
lvl.4
France

I agree with others, the Goapp radar is better
2021-1-10
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

More days to vote !

Its the only way to convince DJI to use the GoApp radar/attitude indicator in the next FlyApp version

cheers
JJB
2021-1-22
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

I like the new one / compass I had to learn to step away from Home point so I could see the remote directly on the  side of the blue dot so to make sure I am pointing the antenna toward the drone.Doug
2021-1-22
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

If centre of the Radar is the RC then definitely the better option. Like JJB says analogy of a traffic controller is a good and intuitive one. Just makes sense you being in the centre and the drone being shown relative to your location and where the RC is pointing (as long as the compass is accurate but if not just rotate the drone to point to the radar centre and come home)

I would like DJI to change. Current indicator showing direction RC is facing is way too small.
2021-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules