turn off low battery chime?
6220 14 2021-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SpaceForceCmdr
lvl.2
United States

Is there a way to disable the low battery alarm?  I don't mind it flashing on the screen, but the incessant beeping is very annoying.  It would be nice if there were a way to silence it, but I'm not seeing it.  Thanks.

2021-1-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there SpaceForceCmdr. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. With regards to the notification alert or beeping sound when the battery is low. I am sorry to say that the said feature cannot be disabled for safety purposes and for you to be notified that the battery is low. Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-1-3
Use props
SpaceForceCmdr
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-3 20:35
Hello there SpaceForceCmdr. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. With regards to the notification alert or beeping sound when the battery is low. I am sorry to say that the said feature cannot be disabled for safety purposes and for you to be notified that the battery is low. Thank you and fly safe always.

OK, thanks anyway.  It would be nice if I could turn it off after it beeps once.  There's really no need for it it keep beeping.
2021-1-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

SpaceForceCmdr Posted at 1-3 21:33
OK, thanks anyway.  It would be nice if I could turn it off after it beeps once.  There's really no need for it it keep beeping.

Hi there SpaceForceCmdr. You are very much welcome and thank you for giving out your valued insights with regards to this matter. If you have any other concerns or inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you.
2021-1-4
Use props
djiuser_SZ9G1CwI9qql
New
United States

Please provide the option in a future firmware update to disable or at least lower the volume of the low battery beeping.  It's VERY distracting whilst flying for the remaining 20% of the battery life.
2021-1-12
Use props
SpaceForceCmdr
lvl.2
United States

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2021-1-12
Use props
djiuser_Xr8pkH8ie0Ta
lvl.2
Flight distance : 164715 ft
United States

djiuser_SZ9G1CwI9qql Posted at 1-12 12:57
Please provide the option in a future firmware update to disable or at least lower the volume of the low battery beeping.  It's VERY distracting whilst flying for the remaining 20% of the battery life.

My neighbors can hear it down the street! At least let us lower the volume to a tollerable level.
2021-1-12
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-3 20:35

You have provided models of drones where you can cancel the beeping noise, like the Mavic Pro if I recall, its been a while since I have flown that one.  Either way, your concern for our safety is over reaching.  You obligation ends when I press that button to mute it, feel free to turn on the beeping again after a while, and maybe the second time dont let me turn it off.

DJIs approach of putting so much supervision on the use of these drones reaches to far.  The beeping is the least of my concerns for DJI over reach,  I'm troubled with what you have done to the inspires battery performance management, and you throttle power output and make the system not predicable.  

DJI really needs to rethink how involved you want to be in all aspects of the flight,  some people are okay not having a battery low beeping for the last 10 min of the flight,  the beeping is louder than the drone, distracting to the pilot and those around us.  If safety was the driver, a temp mute of the sound is enough.
2021-1-12
Use props
djiuser_59tWVLxAQd9W
New
Flight distance : 10581 ft

Australia

This happened yesterday to me with Min SE. I already was returning from a flight . I am heading home at 25% and trying to fly a fairly tricky landing (my location was on cliff edge with nearby trees). I KNOW I am at 20%, just let me mute the alarm, and fly the drone home! Surely you can add an option to press power to mute or adjust it to say an interval of 1 minute or even the volume level.
2022-1-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im not 100% sure this is something DJI is even allowed to do if they want to continue to sell drones in our countries, it could very well be a stipulation from our governments.
And i could be overreaching but its the only thing i can think of as to why DJI will not even compromise on the most annoying and off putting noise, not to mention bringing attention to yourself from other members of the public.

You can, however, modify the controller, search the worlds largest beeping thread on a Drone forum (on here in case ya wondered lol) If its not on the 1st Mini 2 page, its deffo on the second page.....
2022-1-16
Use props
SpaceForceCmdr
lvl.2
United States

Do the 3rd party flying apps do this, too?  I read the other day that the Mini 2 will now work with other flying apps (but I haven't tried any).
2022-1-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

from a thread in Mavic Pilots
2022-1-17
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

Ok.... after having a mavic pro, and now flying with the mini 2 for quite some time i am getting fed up with this rediculous alarm.....

i have been filming sport events a lot lately, and people on and around the feeld are getting really annoyed with this beeping.
so i now have a drone with 25 minutes flight time, but i cant fly this long because of the early battery warning, even when i am flying right at the homepoint....

there are tons of topics about this, and tons of users BEGGING dji to do something about this.... but nooooooo this is a "safety feature"....
give me a break DJI!

Sure it should warn you about this, but is does not have to KEEP BEEPING!!!!!
on other DJI drones, you can stop the beeping by pressing the power button once, PLEASE make this available for ALL DJI DRONES!!!!!

otherwise i will have to resort to the youtube video above, or some other mod adding a volume wheel to this rediculously loud speaker.....

pfffffffffffffffff
2023-3-27
Use props
CorsairPilot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 307060 ft
United States

BadBert Posted at 3-27 01:51
Ok.... after having a mavic pro, and now flying with the mini 2 for quite some time i am getting fed up with this rediculous alarm.....

i have been filming sport events a lot lately, and people on and around the feeld are getting really annoyed with this beeping.

That would be really nice. I have only had the alarm go off once, but I don't usually fly super long. The continuous beeping was annoying though.
2023-3-28
Use props
djiuser_jvYM8edwU3py
New

United Kingdom

It’s honestly such a dangerous feature to have a constant beeping when you are trying to land. I had the police called to the car park I was in as someone thought it was a car alarm and that I was breaking into my own car!!
4-20 07:47
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules