How to reverse direction of gimbal wheel on remote control?
11318 60 2021-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-23 07:20
Hi, Bob-Mini-2. Hope you are doing well. We will forward your suggestion as well for evaluation. Thank you for your continued support.

.Gamora, Cheers
2023-6-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

You're welcome, Bob-Mini-2. Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Have a good one!
2023-6-5
Use props
djiuser_EsbWfDh0SGJO
lvl.1

United States

Up voting this. Out of all the controls to customize with the RC…changing the gimbal control to Push down and pull up would makes thing so much better.
2023-6-16
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

djiuser_1Rb18iqVcYmc Posted at 4-17 03:01
Hello!

Is this request still live? It seems relevant to me, too.

That's a very good question... Then again it has been going since 2021.... You do the maths...
2023-6-23
Use props
djiuser_4TaD9fOI5TBb
New
Flight distance : 23304 ft

Denmark

I have the same issue, the engineer that choose the tilt camera controls did the wrong choice.
This is bugging me so much out that is it not changed (or we are given the option the reverse the wrong choice) I will not be buying DJI in the future, but another brand.
Got the DJI Mini 3, was thing to get a DJI FVP...but not with that control scheme for camera tilt.

But seeing how long this has been requested, but seeing nothing but "nothing" answers fra DJI....I doubt this will change...so bye, bye a customer (me) I guess?
2023-7-2
Use props
djiuser_BsmufplVeyzg
New

United States

Another vote to add the ability to flip the direction of the gimbal wheel. Non-intuitive as is and should be a configurable option. Guessing it was done from the perspective of the ground and that you’d be “pulling” the camera down or “pushing” it up. But the perspective is from the drone, where you would “push” the nose of the view down or “pull” it up.
2023-7-4
Use props
djiuser_Q2Zj7rxtusDf
lvl.1

United States

Does this fix have a date yet.......
2023-7-31
Use props
djiuser_KL3Y06H2hsfb
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-27 03:56
Hi, djiuser_W6AM7LcBl0V3. At present, the remote controller rotates clockwise to control the gimbal to face up and rotates anticlockwise to control the gimbal to face down. There is no reverse option for the time being. Thank you for your suggestion, and we will feedback it to the engineer for evaluation. Thanks for your understanding and support.

Hello, can you tell us if this update is standing on a to-do-list or what de technical issues are why it is not possible to reverse the gimbal and zoom direction?

Thanks for answering.
2023-9-10
Use props
RD West
lvl.1

United States

Good information. Thanks much for the post.
2023-9-13
Use props
FlyWithJames
lvl.1
Flight distance : 246811 ft
United States

How is this not fixed yet. Can someone from DJi  give an update on the status, if this is a feature they can add??
2023-10-3
Use props
Airboss7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6112 ft

Netherlands

Please DJI, please do something about this. I mess up a lot of nice shots because of this. To me, the way it is now is very counter intuitive. If I pull on something, it will go up. I am a professional pilot so I don't want to change my muscle memory. If DJI can't fix this I will have to try to reverse the wires in the controller, and if that doesn't work I will have to look for another product that does what I want. So DJI, if I pull on the gimbal wheel (so the wheel turns counter clockwise), I would like the camera to move up, and when I push on the wheel (so the wheel turns clockwise), I would like to camera to move down.

I think the Mavic Mini I fly is a nice product, but the after care is really not what I expected at this price point. I even ended up buying a used Iphone because on the Android version of the DJI FLY app it was impossible to make the drone climb when I pull back on the stick, whithout being forced to make the drone move reverse when pushing the other stick forward. No matter what you do, it is impossible to change only one thing. But the Apple version of the App fixed it.

Dear DJI,
The forums are full of people requesting a change in the direction of the gimbal wheel, please listen to your customers.
Thank you.
2023-10-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Airboss7 Posted at 10-5 09:23
Please DJI, please do something about this. I mess up a lot of nice shots because of this. To me, the way it is now is very counter intuitive. If I pull on something, it will go up. I am a professional pilot so I don't want to change my muscle memory. If DJI can't fix this I will have to try to reverse the wires in the controller, and if that doesn't work I will have to look for another product that does what I want. So DJI, if I pull on the gimbal wheel (so the wheel turns counter clockwise), I would like the camera to move up, and when I push on the wheel (so the wheel turns clockwise), I would like to camera to move down.

I think the Mavic Mini I fly is a nice product, but the after care is really not what I expected at this price point. I even ended up buying a used Iphone because on the Android version of the DJI FLY app it was impossible to make the drone climb when I pull back on the stick, whithout being forced to make the drone move reverse when pushing the other stick forward. No matter what you do, it is impossible to change only one thing. But the Apple version of the App fixed it.

We understand the inconvenience. We will continue forwarding your feedback to the related team. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
2023-10-22
Use props
Daniel Doherty
lvl.1
Flight distance : 267457 ft
Canada

NDK99 Posted at 5-19 18:09
Mnemonic to correct muscle memory.  
LEFT: Lower
RIGHT: Raise

@NDK99 Thanks for the simple mnemonic. Easier to rewire my muscle memory than to rewire my controller

And, I agree that this would be a good feature to make modifiable, like one can do with the joy sticks.
2023-10-25
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 10-22 03:03
We understand the inconvenience. We will continue forwarding your feedback to the related team. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Unfortunately, some of us will die of old age before DJI makes a move on this simple matter...

Hopefully my grandson, will get to see this change and enjoy it...
2023-10-25
Use props
djiuser_fbZFYKNqVuvB
New

United States

Another vote from me in 2023...almost 2024. Why can you not customize the gimbal control?! I ALWAYS look up when I want to look down. It's not intuitive at all. Please ease my mental anguish lol.
2023-11-6
Use props
LeakySandwich
New

South Africa

Same issue here - first thing i wanted to change after getting the drone...
Such a simple thing for user friendliness... why, when EVERYTHING else is so user friendly, do they not just include an 'invert' tickbox for the rockers in the control settings?
It would help soo much.
sigh, looks like they dont care though... how old is this post??
1-21 06:27
Use props
djiuser_phijHY2fpqhD
New

Brazil

2024… please , it would be so simple to
solve!!! if I could vote once for each take ruined because of this stupid counterintuitive direction….
3-13 07:12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_phijHY2fpqhD Posted at 3-13 07:12
2024… please , it would be so simple to
solve!!! if I could vote once for each take ruined because of this stupid counterintuitive direction….

Hi there. We acknowledge that we have received the same concerns and suggestions from other DJI Pilots before. What we will do is continue to record such feedback and ensure that it reaches our related team. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We hope this will be considered soon. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
3-13 23:35
Use props
St3vie3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28379 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-13 23:35
Hi there. We acknowledge that we have received the same concerns and suggestions from other DJI Pilots before. What we will do is continue to record such feedback and ensure that it reaches our related team. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We hope this will be considered soon. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
Hey, can you please tell my why this thread has been going for 3 years with no resolution?

Please add me the the ever-growing list of frustrated users.

Surely it can't be that difficult to implement?

And if it is, at least give us an update suggesting why?

Thank you
3-23 11:16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

St3vie3 Posted at 3-23 11:16
Hey, can you please tell my why this thread has been going for 3 years with no resolution?

Please add me the the ever-growing list of frustrated users.

Hello. Thank you for reaching out. We do apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please know that all suggestions need to undergo evaluation and unfortunately, that takes time.  Also,  all customers can provide their suggestions and we will be more than happy to forward them to our relevant team but not everything will be approved as there may be some limitations such as technical or firmware limitations. We will continue to record and forward this suggestion to the relevant team for attention. We appreciate your understanding.
3-23 21:55
Use props
djiuser_yHPxrwJSLMaB
lvl.1
Germany

How much more time do you need? It was first requested in 2019 and is bugging me ever since.
4-15 23:35
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules