Mini 2 and Samsung S10e
7279 16 2021-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Geeforce
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30128 ft
Netherlands

I want to buy the new DJI mini 2. But I can't find if the fly app and this drone is compatible with my Samsung S10e (watch the e).
It is almost the same as the S10, but the S10e is not in the list of compatible devices. As far as I can see, screen size is smaller, some camera stuff.
But the rest the same.

So, is the S10e suitable for the new dji mini 2?

(Sorry, maybe I did a double post... should be in mini 2 of course)

2021-1-4
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Hi Geeforce,

mainly the versions of Samsung are the same within the same number, they use the same version of OS (Android). I can't tell you for shure, but I don't think you will have problems when the S10 is on the list.

I, myself am flying the Mini2 with a Samsung S20fe without any problems.  And been using an S7e for my Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 Pro.
2021-1-4
Use props
Geeforce
lvl.2
Netherlands

JohnDG Posted at 1-4 05:55
Hi Geeforce,

mainly the versions of Samsung are the same within the same number, they use the same version of OS (Android). I can't tell you for shure, but I don't think you will have problems when the S10 is on the list.

Tthanks, so you say when the S10 is on the official list, which it is, the S10e will work also.

For me, it very very strange the much older S7,S8 and S9 (and even the S6) are supported, but the S10e is not.
2021-1-4
Use props
Schumpi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4380 ft
Belgium

I have the samsung S10e and no problem with the Fly app and mini 2
2021-1-4
Use props
Geeforce
lvl.2
Netherlands

Schumpi Posted at 1-4 06:07
I have the samsung S10e and no problem with the Fly app and mini 2

YEAH! Thank you very much, really appriciated.

So you are not missing features, as support was saying that could be an issue Haha
I works or it doesn't, would be my opinion.
2021-1-4
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Geeforce Posted at 1-4 05:59
Tthanks, so you say when the S10 is on the official list, which it is, the S10e will work also.

For me, it very very strange the much older S7,S8 and S9 (and even the S6) are supported, but the S10e is not.

The size of your S10e is in range of the supported size ?
    Supported Mobile Device Size
    180×86×10 mm (Height×Width×Thickness)

The list is what they tested. My S20 fe is not explicit on the list either. It says Samsumg galaxy S20. No mentioning of specific models of this S20.

I can't garantee you compatibility, because I didn't test it myself. But, I doubt that you get problems with it, as long it matches the size supported. And even then you probably find solutions.

Actually, they test a number of devices, which they garantee they'll work. When your device is not on the list this doesn't mean it will not work.
2021-1-4
Use props
Schumpi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4380 ft
Belgium

Works 100% , no issues here
2021-1-4
Use props
Geeforce
lvl.2
Netherlands

JohnDG Posted at 1-4 06:16
The size of your S10e is in range of the supported size ?
    Supported Mobile Device Size
    180×86×10 mm (Height×Width×Thickness)

Yes, size is not a problem. The S10e is even a little bit smaller then the S10.
2021-1-4
Use props
jonny007
lvl.4
Germany

Funny, TODAY I ordered the S10e and checked some (german) drone forums beforehand to see if there were any statements about it (compatibility Flyapp with S10e). There were actually problems last year at the time when the Flyapp did not work on all S10s due to the different processors installed. Galaxy S10 for Europe with Exynos 9820, in USA with Snapdragon 855. This problem has been resolved and according to user reports, the european S10e model (Exynos) also works....as some users already said.
2021-1-4
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

jonny007 Posted at 1-4 06:42
Funny, TODAY I ordered the S10e and checked some (german) drone forums beforehand to see if there were any statements about it (compatibility Flyapp with S10e). There were actually problems last year at the time when the Flyapp did not work on all S10s due to the different processors installed. Galaxy S10 for Europe with Exynos 9820, in USA with Snapdragon 855. This problem has been resolved and according to user reports, the european S10e model (Exynos) also works....as some users already said.

Yes, as Jonny007 stated the non USA version of the S10 phones were having problems previously. I did not know if this had been dealt with as I am in the US and use the S10e and it works fine. Enjoy your new drone!
2021-1-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Geeforce. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given. Since the said mobile device ( Samsung S10e ) that you want to use on your DJI Mini 2 is not listed as a recommended mobile device for the said DJI Drone. I hope that you can get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots who have tried using this mobile device when flying there DJI Mini 2. Just a reminder that DJI recommended using a recommended mobile device when operating the DJI Mini 2 for compatibility on both the said DJI Drone and the DJI Fly application. Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-1-4
Use props
Geeforce
lvl.2
Netherlands

So far no issues with Fly app on my S10e. Very happy with my mini 2.
2021-1-18
Use props
djiuser_Rx4ovaPQLGS1
lvl.1

Germany

jonny007 Posted at 1-4 06:42
Funny, TODAY I ordered the S10e and checked some (german) drone forums beforehand to see if there were any statements about it (compatibility Flyapp with S10e). There were actually problems last year at the time when the Flyapp did not work on all S10s due to the different processors installed. Galaxy S10 for Europe with Exynos 9820, in USA with Snapdragon 855. This problem has been resolved and according to user reports, the european S10e model (Exynos) also works....as some users already said.

Hi, but how can o e tell which version is it? Is it shown on the phone?
2021-8-1
Use props
jonny007
lvl.4
Germany

djiuser_Rx4ovaPQLGS1 Posted at 8-1 00:57
Hi, but how can o e tell which version is it? Is it shown on the phone?

Which version of what ? Type of smartphone ? Germany / EU has typically Exynos. But not sure how it works with Android 11. I'm on Android 10.
2021-8-1
Use props
djiuser_s5g5TlmoyynM
New

Norway

I have a s10 plus and I cannot open the dji fly app on my phone
2022-2-20
Use props
Lord Antony
lvl.2
Russia

djiuser_s5g5TlmoyynM Posted at 2-20 22:23
I have a s10 plus and I cannot open the dji fly app on my phone

Did you download it from the DJI site?
2022-2-20
Use props
blkhk1up
New

United States

what about the Samsung Note 10 Plus? any issues. i haven't seen any successful posts on using the Note 10 plus yet
2022-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules