Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
The Countdown Begins!
12Next >
3744 64 2015-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

It's Official! Today, Friday the 3rd of July in the year of our lord 2015 marked day number 15. As of 8:15 am (central time zone, U.S) I am still pending. I guess I had no such luck of it being the earliest of the estimated dates. Well for anyone who cares or is curious about how accurate DJI's 15 to 20 day shipping promise is follow this thread. I will give updates daily at a minimum.  Let the countdown begin!
2015-7-3
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

You do know that they said BUSINESS DAYS right... And since this is could be considered a holiday here in the land of the yanks... Please come back on business day 15...
2015-7-3
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

Spankybear Posted at 2015-7-3 21:30
You do know that they said BUSINESS DAYS right... And since this is could be considered a holiday he ...

The 3rd of July is not a holiday here in the States or in Chine but to answer your question yes, I do know it is BUSINESS DAYS. I ordered the P3P w/ extra battery and Hardshell backpack combo, plus an additional (3rd) battery on the 13th of June. Do the math without adding any made up holiday days and you have 15 working days. In addition I have already had confirmation from a DJI customer service representative that the 10th of July is the 20th day and should ship no later than that date.
2015-7-3
Use props
greenbean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84783 ft
United States

Thats to bad you have to wait so long. I ordered my 2nd P3P June 27, it shipped from Shenzhen CH on the 30th, and I received it on the morning of July 2nd
2015-7-3
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

greenbean Posted at 2015-7-4 00:57
Thats to bad you have to wait so long. I ordered my 2nd P3P June 27, it shipped from Shenzhen CH on  ...

Yes patience is a rare virtue. I don't mind the wait.  I could have ordered third party and gotten just the bird within a week, but to be honest I think the wait is part of the excitement.  I'm sadomasochistic like that I guess. Also, my extended wait time is probably due to the fact I ordered the combo.
2015-7-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

You made me laugh with the thread. Man, you need to chill and relax. I was once or twice all edgy and anticipatory too, waiting for my Phantom to ship up.
The whole world is in your shoes. People from every nation in the free world, and third world pilots as well, are eagerly waiting their prized Phantoms.
DJI are working 24 hours a day to fulfill orders.

Let's talk about intelligent batteries for a moment. I have been in a holding pattern since May 25th. It took nearly 8wks to get the Phantom, and my four new batteries should be here on Monday.
Do you know how happy that makes me. Do you understand how broke I will be? Sadly this has been another one of those, All In hobbies for me. I love to dive in with both feet.
Last summer, I was shopping for a new bike, as my old Nishiki Bushwacker, was bushwhacked and stolen. I came home with a '13 Can Am SpYder RS-S. Who's whack now. ;-)

Your bird will arrive safe and soon. It's in the mail...
Hey all you have is time. Use it wisely, read all the PDF manuals for your model.
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download
Study the battery book particularly the part about soft breakin and extending the intelligent life.
You should have those nearly memorized by the time your bird gets there, if you haven't already.

Enjoy your time in the forum an others as you look forward to your reward, for being patient and calm. Meditate.

RedHotPoker
2015-7-3
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-7-4 03:44
You made me laugh with the thread. Man, you need to chill and relax. I was once or twice all edgy an ...

Dude you have me so confused right now?...  I sound edgy?  I literally just got done saying how I do not mind the wait and that I rather like it.   I think you are misunderstanding the point of this thread.  This was not created to complain.  As a matter of fact I have defended DJI many of times about the time it takes to get these birds out to people.  I would much rather them take their time then to rush.  The point of this thread was so that people can get an idea of how accurate the estimated delivery times will be.  But thanks for the story about your bike.
2015-7-3
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

I'm not understanding the point of this thread myself, it seems to me like someone wanted to waste some space..  I really don't think we needed another thread about how dji is missing the deadline...  Been 100s of those threads since May 3rd..  You clearly said t wasn't about complaining, but I fail exactly to figure out what you were really trying to do when you decided to start this thread?  The horse is beaten down people. Sing no more horse left for anyone to keep beating up here...  Let it go.  Clearly you knew when you ordered your p3 it wasn't going to come on time, we all known for months anything ordered was going to be a little late, and then you all still ordered which is fine but we don't need to hear about your purchasing experience about a p3 anymore..  Any new product will be just like this when first released, the first 4 to 6 months of Sony new hot product release will be like this..  The company busting it's a$$ to catch up and keep up with the demand! Look at the p4 and xbox one, people waited a month or more just for ants tore anyplace to get a 2nd batch in stock, people stood in a line girl 6hrs freezing to get a p4 or Xbox one and some people did it to find out they weren't lucky enough to even get 1 of the 25 the store got..  In fact 1 more person in front of me I wouldn't have gotten my p4.,  see my point here?  Sony and microsofts servers went down 3 times for days thru out that whole ordeal, firmware issues where going on..  But guess what? 5 months later they got caught up, the servers didn't go down anymore and the firmware bugs were fixed..  Why for you all think dji would be any different here? Especially since they haven't even been around as long as Sony or Microsoft..  Man people, get with it here! 3yrs ago we didn't even have anything close to what dji has brought us and if it wasn't for them we would all be flying little $80 copters around maybe even a blade 200qx at best!
2015-7-4
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

Mark97564 Posted at 2015-7-5 15:50
I'm not understanding the point of this thread myself, it seems to me like someone wanted to waste s ...

I stopped reading your rant about 1/4 of the way down.  It is very clear you do not understand and have missed the point. No where in my thread does it say they are going to miss the deadline?  You act like people are throwing up threads like this left and right so why don't you link one?  This is a thread about someone who is excited to get the Phantom and just so happens to be within their shipping window.  Like you've never been there. If it is hard for you to wrap your tiny brain around that then your presence is not requested and you may leave my thread   Good day to you Sir.
2015-7-5
Use props
blauer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 209403 ft
United States

The 3rd of July was not a standard business day in the US this year.  July 4th was observed on the 3rd due to the 4th falling on a Saturday.  Not sure if that would affect it....
2015-7-5
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
United States

Read and you won't need me to link anything, and you seem to have missed my point...  good day to you too sir
2015-7-5
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

Mark97564 Posted at 2015-7-6 15:31
Read and you won't need me to link anything, and you seem to have missed my point...  good day to yo ...

I didn't miss your point.  I just completely didn't read your failed attempt at one.  
2015-7-6
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

Today is the 16th of my very long 20 working day count down.  I never thought 20 working days could feel so long.  Unfortunately is still says pending.   But unlike some I still have faith that DJI will come through and help me prove some folks wrong ;)
2015-7-6
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
United States

Another forum member that don't read
2015-7-6
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

blauer Posted at 2015-7-6 10:33
The 3rd of July was not a standard business day in the US this year.  July 4th was observed on the 3 ...

Sounds good, but China doesn't observe US Independence Day.

My money says that DJI misses the ship date.

I don't care if they state 20-30 working days from payment confirmation, history has shown that it's just another date.
2015-7-6
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
United States

But when the do ship... WOW it's fast... got an email on Friday the 3rd that it left China and it was here today... WOOHOO... # batteries noW!
2015-7-6
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Spankybear Posted at 2015-7-7 08:29
But when the do ship... WOW it's fast... got an email on Friday the 3rd that it left China and it wa ...

My final order for the hard shell backpack was supposed to be delivered on Wednesday, FedEx delivered on Monday. Nothing to do with DJI, everything to do with FedEx.
2015-7-6
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
United States

gregg1r Posted at 2015-7-7 08:41
My final order for the hard shell backpack was supposed to be delivered on Wednesday, FedEx delive ...

Have you ever bought anything direct from China. This has everything to do with DJI... They picked FedEx... Buy something from Gearbest... 30 day wait minimum... that's after they ship...  I had an item go around the world... China, Amsterdam, New york, Los Angles and then to Seattle.... No joke...
2015-7-6
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

Spankybear Posted at 2015-7-7 08:29
But when the do ship... WOW it's fast... got an email on Friday the 3rd that it left China and it wa ...

Yea that is what I have heard.  At least they have that going for them.
2015-7-6
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

So what generally comes after their "pending" status?  And also I ordered the pro hardshell/batt combo, a 3rd battery, and extra blades so in the event they ship seperately will they show that?  Right now they have them all under one order number and pending status.
2015-7-6
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

Woo Hooo! Made it to Day 17!  Still pending
2015-7-7
Use props
Vampiszon
lvl.2

Belgium

And that is why I ordered my 3rd battery from local retailer - got it next day
2015-7-7
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Spankybear Posted at 2015-7-7 09:20
Have you ever bought anything direct from China. This has everything to do with DJI... They picked ...

I've purchased from Gear Best as well as Bang Good.

Big difference between Gear Best losing a $50 retail flashlight verses losing a $1451 quad. Yes, that's the retail price of the P3P with them.

DJI's shipping choices boil down to FedEx and UPS. They're paying for the customs services provided by both companies. Yes there are cheaper companies like China Post, but at the declared dollar figure, you self insure for loss since China Post doesn't deliver in the USA. They make hand-offs to USPS.

Using FedEx and UPS gives DJI much less exposure to damage or loss.

My hard shell backpack had a shipping label from California, but the shipment was made from China

2015-7-7
Use props
spiderbot.sb
lvl.4
United States

jhall651 Posted at 2015-7-3 22:44
The 3rd of July is not a holiday here in the States or in Chine but to answer your question yes, I  ...

For 2015, July 3rd is indeed a national holiday.  It's OBSERVED Independence Day since July 4th is a Saturday.  Sorry if this was already posted.
2015-7-7
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

spiderbot.sb Posted at 2015-7-8 01:47
For 2015, July 3rd is indeed a national holiday.  It's OBSERVED Independence Day since July 4th is  ...

So you think the Chinese observe the U.S. Independence Day?
2015-7-7
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

Day 18!  As per DJI Rep I only have 2 more days "at the most" until it ships. Here's to wishful thinking and staying hopeful.
2015-7-8
Use props
spiderbot.sb
lvl.4
United States

jhall651 Posted at 2015-7-8 02:02
So you think the Chinese observe the U.S. Independence Day?

Would effect shipping in US now wouldn't it?
2015-7-8
Use props
spiderbot.sb
lvl.4
United States

jhall651 Posted at 2015-7-9 00:55
Yea if it was shipped. Are you trolling or just this stupid?  This is talking about the 15-20 busi ...

I am so sorry I stepped on your little parade trying to help.  Please do not worry your immature little brain,  I will never even think of trying to help you, ever again.

Your vernacular reveals your mentality, as does your avatar.
2015-7-8
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

spiderbot.sb Posted at 2015-7-9 03:02
I am so sorry I stepped on your little parade trying to help.  Please do not worry your immature l ...

Let me get this straight. Once proven to be useless and irrelevant you resort to criticizing my dialect, mental state and avatar?  smh. I rest my case.
2015-7-8
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

Business Day 19. Still pending. Hopefully tomorrow is a good day.
2015-7-9
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

Business Day 20 and my order is not going to ship   I talked to a Rep and they said that they are backordered and having trouble keeping supplies up with demands.  The Rep said that they will "push their warehouse to ship it out next week".  Not really sure what that means but I guess we'll see.  I just hope it is early next week so that I can actually have it by the end of the week.  So all that said they won't make their deadline you were right.
2015-7-10
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

Business Day # 21. It's official I've been lied too. Still pending
2015-7-13
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

Business Day #22.  The latest BS they told me was that my order is delayed further because the Hardshell Backpack is out of stock.  So I said just ship it separately and they said they do not split bundles.  Now I find that funny because people get their batteries shipped separately all the time and I'm sure I probably will too.  I guess they only do it when it is convenient for them.
2015-7-14
Use props
neisner
lvl.1

United States

You aren't going to like this...but I ordered the combo on June 7th and still haven't received it.  Two weeks in a row I've got the chat and email people say "may ship out later this week or early next".  Obviously they didn't.  
2015-7-14
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

neisner Posted at 2015-7-15 13:20
You aren't going to like this...but I ordered the combo on June 7th and still haven't received it.   ...

Yea. I make it a point to chat with them everyday and everyday they say it "may" ship and that they will "push" it for me. What ever the hell that means. I have absolutely no problems waiting but it's when you get the feeling they are lying to you is when it starts to get frustrating. In addition to that there is no one you can call Stateside and when you post a request for help on here no one helps. This company truly is one of the worst. I have no idea why someone would let their reputation take a hit like this when they have such a great product. I guess they know they can for the time being. Once their competition catches up they'll have 2 choices to make and that will be to pull their heads out of their ass or get left behind.  Either way there will be so many people left with a bad taste in the mouth they will be all to eager to jump ship. I can tell you right now if my P3 has issues and it crashes I will just chalk it up to a $1200 lose and wait for another company to put out a comparable product with good customer service. To me $1200 is not worth being treated like a nobody.
2015-7-15
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

Day 23. Nothing
2015-7-15
Use props
neisner
lvl.1

United States

A bit after I posted last night, my order moved to "Preparing" for Shipment.  Then this morning I got a shipment notification from Fedex and status moved to Shipped.  Of course it was still a shipment label created per Fedex.  But tonight, I got the confirmation from Fedex that they have the package and will be delivered on Tuesday morning to California.  So June 7th PM order translates to a July 21 delivery....hopefully!!!!

2015-7-15
Use props
novoweb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 444774 ft
Canada

Ordered items:
- Phantom 3 Professional with Extra Battery and Hardshell Backpack
- Phantom 3 - 9450 Self-tightening Propellers
- Phantom 3 - Propeller Guard

Available to ship: 15-20 working days after payment is confirmed.

Order Time:        2015-06-24 03:47:35
Payment Status:        Pay Confirmed 2015-06-24
Shipping Status:        Shipped 2015-07-16 17:26:22 to Canada

Result: 16 working days...
2015-7-16
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

novoweb Posted at 2015-7-16 19:33
Ordered items:
- Phantom 3 Professional with Extra Battery and Hardshell Backpack
- Phantom 3 - 9450 ...

How the hell do you order yours a week after mine and already have it shipped?  What's your secret?  I think I have heard other countries get it quicker than US when ordering direct. I guess Canada is one of them.
2015-7-16
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

neisner Posted at 2015-7-16 14:04
A bit after I posted last night, my order moved to "Preparing" for Shipment.  Then this morning I go ...

Gratz dude!  I guess you got in on the latest supply of backpacks. Unfortunately I am still waiting.
2015-7-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules