Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Fly App on Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
20748 36 2021-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Hello All,

I planned to buy a Galaxy S20 FE and due to the fact that the Fly App is not working properly on all phones, i do like to ask
if someone already has any expierence with the S20 FE ?
Also interesting would be, which version of the S20 FE  you use. (4G, 5G, 128GB, 256GB)

2021-1-4
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just gave my wife an S20 FE 4g for Christmas. If she will let me, I can try it with the Fly app and the MA2. Cross your fingers ;-)
2021-1-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MySky. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given. Since the said mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy S20 FE ) that you want to use on your DJI Mavic Air 2 and on the DJI Fly application is not listed as a recommended mobile device for the said DJI Drone. I hope that you can get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots who have tried using the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE when flying there DJI Mavic Air 2. Just a reminder that DJI recommended using a recommended mobile device when operating the DJI Mavic Air 2 for compatibility on both the said DJI Drone and the DJI Fly application. Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-1-4
Use props
alex_alb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260735 ft
Portugal

If you compare the technical characteristics of the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE with the Samsung Galaxy S20, you will see that they are equal to the level of processor, speeds and operating system. I can't be 100% sure, but I believe it works without problems.
2021-1-5
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

alex_alb Posted at 1-5 01:44
If you compare the technical characteristics of the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE with the Samsung Galaxy S20, you will see that they are equal to the level of processor, speeds and operating system. I can't be 100% sure, but I believe it works without problems.

You are right, except it has 2GB less memory.
If i compare the S20 with the S20+ it is also nearly equal, but a lot of people reported issues on the S20+ and the Fly App, which usally should not happen.
2021-1-5
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

MySky Posted at 1-5 06:35
You are right, except it has 2GB less memory.
If i compare the S20 with the S20+ it is also nearly equal, but a lot of people reported issues on the S20+ and the Fly App, which usally should not happen.

AFAIK there was problem with Exynos processor compatibility, so the 5G Snapdragon version should be safer choice...
2021-1-5
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

virtual Posted at 1-5 09:42
AFAIK there was problem with Exynos processor compatibility, so the 5G Snapdragon version should be safer choice...

I remember this dicscussion as i was buying my S7 with a Exynos 8890 processor which is working btw. without any issues with the Fly App, while others reported issues.
Samsung is selling the same models with different processor types, depending on the area in the world.
In Asia and Europe they are selling the models with an Exynox processor, while they are selling the same model in other areas, like in the us, with the Sapdragon processor independent of 4G or 5G.

Maybe that is the issue, that some users are having issues with the Fly App and some not, even with the same phone model.

The strange thing is that they are currently in Europe selling the S20 FE 4G version with the Exynox and the 5G version with the snapdragon. Maybe this is caused by the pandemic issues.

Maybe some users owning a S20 FE can report, if they faced any issues with the Snapdragon or Exynox.

2021-1-5
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

After doing a global deep dive search, i found a comment in the Fly App section from early 2020 from someone from the US and using a mavic mini.
He wrote that he had issues with the Galaxy S20 FE 5G.
The more i am searching the more i am coming to the conclusion, that the issues are more related to each specific phone model and not the processor type.
2021-1-5
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

OK I just got through testing the S20 FE 4G 128GB and I had no issues at all while using the Mini 2. I was recording 4k, caching to phone, had the exposure warning on and the histogram on. Everything worked perfectly for a 10 minute flight. I was using 1.2.1 because it is not on the Play store yet and I didn't bother yet to side load the newer one. But the old orientation feature looked perfect.
2021-1-5
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

GaryDoug Posted at 1-5 12:37
OK I just got through testing the S20 FE 4G 128GB and I had no issues at all while using the Mini 2. I was recording 4k, caching to phone, had the exposure warning on and the histogram on. Everything worked perfectly for a 10 minute flight. I was using 1.2.1 because it is not on the Play store yet and I didn't bother yet to side load the newer one. But the old orientation feature looked perfect.

Many thanks for your efford and the good news.
This is the model i planned to buy.
I am also still using 1.2.1.
But it should be no issue if the 1.2.2 will be available on the Play Store some day.
2021-1-5
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

MySky Posted at 1-5 12:48
Many thanks for your efford and the good news.
This is the model i planned to buy.
I am also still using 1.2.1.

I just repeated the test with the MA2, perfect.
2021-1-5
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

2021-1-5
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Czechia

MySky Posted at 1-5 11:16
I remember this dicscussion as i was buying my S7 with a Exynos 8890 processor which is working btw. without any issues with the Fly App, while others reported issues.
Samsung is selling the same models with different processor types, depending on the area in the world.
In Asia and Europe they are selling the models with an Exynox processor, while they are selling the same model in other areas, like in the us, with the Sapdragon processor independent of 4G or 5G.

The strange thing is that they are currently in Europe selling the S20 FE 4G version with the Exynox and the 5G version with the snapdragon. Maybe this is caused by the pandemic issues.

It is because Snapdragon has 5G modem integrated so it is different from older S lines - 5G is Snapdragon and 4G is Exynos (no 5G modem).
On the other hand incompatibility issues of Samsung phones have happened in the spring last year, should be solved now.
2021-1-6
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

virtual Posted at 1-6 01:30
is because Snapdragon has 5G modem integrated so it is different from older S lines - 5G is Snapdragon and 4G is Exynos (no 5G modem).

Hmm, in Germany / Europe they are currently selling the S20 5G and the S20+ 5G with an Exynox processor.
This is really confusing.
2021-1-6
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Czechia

MySky Posted at 1-6 04:26
Hmm, in Germany / Europe they are currently selling the S20 5G and the S20+ 5G with an Exynox processor.
This is really confusing.

It is not that complicated, Exynos just needs external 5G modem (aditional part inside the phone). For the FE they made this setup Exynos 4G/Snapdragon 5G (or it was presented like this by Samsung AFAIK).
But it is confusing, I agree.
2021-1-6
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

virtual Posted at 1-6 05:46
It is not that complicated, Exynos just needs external 5G modem (aditional part inside the phone). For the FE they made this setup Exynos 4G/Snapdragon 5G (or it was presented like this by Samsung AFAIK).
But it is confusing, I agree.

Thanks for the clarification. I was never caring about mobile phone HW  since i bought my S7 4G.
And i was never expecting that i have to deep dive into the mobile phone HW just because of a simple app like the Fly App.
But it is like it is and now i know what i have to take into account.
2021-1-6
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Czechia

MySky Posted at 1-6 08:13
Thanks for the clarification. I was never caring about mobile phone HW  since i bought my S7 4G.
And i was never expecting that i have to deep dive into the mobile phone HW just because of a simple app like the Fly App.
But it is like it is and now i know what i have to take into account.

Not easy to pick one phone todays but I hope You will be satisfied.
2021-1-7
Use props
djiuser_fMr2afMf42Jn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 116047 ft
Canada

OK I have a dji mini 2 with 1.4.2 fly app and since my samsung A7 tablet won't record in any thing but 1080p I'm looking to invest in an upgrade that works , s20, s20fe , s20 + ,s20 ultra, s21, s21+, s21 ultra are my choices but which one actually works with the latest version of the dji fly app 1.4.2 or higher if need be. For the record I don't want any apples
2021-6-4
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_fMr2afMf42Jn Posted at 6-4 15:25
OK I have a dji mini 2 with 1.4.2 fly app and since my samsung A7 tablet won't record in any thing but 1080p I'm looking to invest in an upgrade that works , s20, s20fe , s20 + ,s20 ultra, s21, s21+, s21 ultra are my choices but which one actually works with the latest version of the dji fly app 1.4.2 or higher if need be. For the record I don't want any apples

I may not understand your statement. But the phone or tablet does not record the video, the drone does and the hi-res video is stored on the drone. And as far as I know, the cached video sent to the device is never over 1080p.
2021-6-4
Use props
djiuser_eCl8pHwxM3yV
New

Australia

I've got the S20 FE got it to work today, attempted to fly it yesterday ( the S20 fe wouldn't connect ) .......DJI Go 4 needed an update remote need an update and firmware up date.....It now flies
2021-6-22
Use props
Angelbeast
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39170 ft
Germany

djiuser_eCl8pHwxM3yV Posted at 6-22 20:10
I've got the S20 FE got it to work today, attempted to fly it yesterday ( the S20 fe wouldn't connect ) .......DJI Go 4 needed an update remote need an update and firmware up date.....It now flies

Hi

Could you please give an update on the S20FE, after using it for a month now.

Regards,
Jino
2021-7-25
Use props
pkates
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I use the S20 FE 5g Snapdragon version . . . . . no problems at all with DJI Fly app 1.4.8
2021-9-16
Use props
dreamergr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047251 ft
Greece

Angelbeast Posted at 7-25 23:04
Hi  

Could you please give an update on the S20FE, after using it for a month now.

I got the S20 FE and it works great! I have the 1.4.4 version cause of the troubles of 1.4.8 soooooo you are good to go!
2021-9-16
Use props
Elkoholic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2559 ft
United States

I have the s20 fe 5g 128. App works fine
2021-10-10
Use props
djiuser_Y5dzhO6t8o8z
lvl.1
South Africa

Elkoholic Posted at 10-10 18:27
I have the s20 fe 5g 128. App works fine

Hi,  may I ask which version of fly app do you have running please.
2021-12-4
Use props
djiuser_nglkl29v4IYx
lvl.1
Australia

Hi, I have a Samsung S20 FE 5G and the app will download but when I try to install it just says 'app not installed' with no other options? Pls don't tell me my drone will not be compatible with my phone!! Any suggestions please? Thanks.
2021-12-30
Use props
ZRamp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41739 ft
United States

It's great to see such a helpful community!  I'm hopeful that someone can help an older person who isn't tech savoy.  I am in the US and have a Samsung Galaxy S20FE Android Version 11.  Thats about all I know about the phone.  The recommended "DJI FLY" app isn't even in the google app store.  I'm so frustrated and could really use a hand.  Thank you

2021-12-30
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

The app haas been removed from the Goodle Play Store approx.1 year ago, but you can download it directly from the DJI donload site.
2021-12-30
Use props
djinfinitee
New

United States

Wasn't thrilled to have to do a bunch of digging when latest version wouldn't install on my brand new S20 FE 5G, but many thanks to previous poster who said they were using 1.4.8-I was able to confirm 1.4.8 installs and run on the the S20 FE 5G successfully
2022-1-10
Use props
djiuser_w5v2mgmQUTmQ
New

Brazil

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-1-4 21:11
Hello there MySky. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given. Since the said mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy S20 FE ) that you want to use on your DJI Mavic Air 2 and on the DJI Fly application is not listed as a recommended mobile device for the said DJI Drone. I hope that you can get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots who have tried using the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE when flying there DJI Mavic Air 2. Just a reminder that DJI recommended using a recommended mobile device when operating the DJI Mavic Air 2 for compatibility on both the said DJI Drone and the DJI Fly application. Thank you and fly safe always.

Tenho um s20fe, atualizei para o Android 12 e app dji go 4 parou de funcionar.
2022-2-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_w5v2mgmQUTmQ Posted at 2-13 14:26
Tenho um s20fe, atualizei para o Android 12 e app dji go 4 parou de funcionar.

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G ) that you want to use on your DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4 application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while using it. For reference I will post a DJI link  where in you can find the recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4 application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 ) . Thank you.
2022-2-13
Use props
djiuser_YVHTMUZQPic5
lvl.1
New Zealand

Hi guys,does dj1 android support samsung s20fe, Dj 1 fly app only says s20,would the fe model work in NZ.
2022-2-20
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

djiuser_YVHTMUZQPic5 Posted at 2-20 14:37
Hi guys,does dj1 android support samsung s20fe, Dj 1 fly app only says s20,would the fe model work in NZ.

Read posts obove , some say yes some no. Depends on the model version.
2022-2-21
Use props
cristiano ferrari
New

Brazil

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-1-4 21:11

Sony work whith my Samsung S20fe. Bug
2022-5-13
Use props
cristiano ferrari
New

Brazil

Samsung S20fe Sony de dont work whith DJI Go. App not open
2022-5-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

cristiano ferrari Posted at 5-13 06:24
Sony work whith my Samsung S20fe. Bug

Hi there cristiano ferrari. Thank you for reaching out and for this inquiry. May we please know what is the exact model of your mobile device and your DJI drone as well lease for us to be able to check. Thank you.  
2022-5-17
Use props
AbdaoBZ
lvl.1
Brazil

My Galaxy S20 FE was unable to open the DJIGO4 APP. It crashed every time I tried to use it.
2022-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules