Phantom 4 Pro V1 Error Code: 0x020c03
2227 3 2021-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joel Schroeder
lvl.1
Flight distance : 166480 ft
Canada

I recently purchased a used P4Pv1 Obsidian and P4P Advanced. The Advanced model is working fine but I have not been able to fly the Obsidian as of yet since there seems to be some software issues. I have owned the Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 Pro and am familiar with the DJI products so this is the first issue I have had with a DJI product. I also build my own drones and quadcopters so I am very familiar with the electonics in general.
I have seen several posts around the internet including this forum that are the same or similar to mine but have not seen a fix.

The P4P Obsidian is in immaculate condition and have seen multiple flights in the log files of the previous owner.

I originally noticed the issue when I had connected the drone to the Go 4 app and no battery information was being displayed. The app is not able to show the individual cell strengths, serial number or total charges. The 2 batteries are in excellent shape and have no sign of wear or swelling and they charge without issue. I also do not receive any warning that there is no battery. The firmware is current. The Obsidian also constantly beeps and flashes red.

I then noticed that I am not able to calibrate the IMU because it keeps saying disconnected on a pop-up. There is also something I haven't been able to perform because I do not have a password??? Again I am not with my drone presently so I can not check where this is happening.

This morning I installed the Assistant 2 for Phantom and connected the Obsidian to my laptop and powered up. The Assistant recognizes the current firmware last performed in November or October of 2020. I first reset the drone to the factory presets and then attempted to re-install the current firmware and it constantly stops at 34% with the Error Code: 0x020c03. This screen also says the update failed and shows version V01.05.0600.During the initial attempt to re-install the firmware I did receive an error saying the battery failed to upgrade but this hasn't come in since and still does not change anything using the Go 4 app (same for upgrade attempts with either battery).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Joel

P4P Error.jpg
2021-1-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Joel. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out Kindly please try to uninstall and re-install the DJI Assistant 2 and restart the said DJI Drone again to see if there will be changes. If the firmware update fails for multiple times, we would recommend contacting our support team at https://www.dji.com/support for you to be able send the unit into our facility for further evaluation. Thank you for understanding.
2021-1-4
Use props
Joel Schroeder
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-4 22:10
Hello there Joel. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out Kindly please try to uninstall and re-install the DJI Assistant 2 and restart the said DJI Drone again to see if there will be changes. If the firmware update fails for multiple times, we would recommend contacting our support team at https://www.dji.com/support for you to be able send the unit into our facility for further evaluation. Thank you for understanding.

Hello Stephen.

Yes I have already done what you have suggested as your response is identical to another consumer with the same issue.

I would like to know what the error code means and I would also like to know why I don't receive an update log when I click on the blue text in the picture I posted.

I also would like to know why this information can't be discussed in these forums? It would seem to be extremely valuable information for the consumer to know when troubleshooting. I also am not sending in my Obsidian since I can easily fix the problem myself if I can just get the proper information.

Are there diagnostic tools available that can give me the definition of the error codes as well as supply me with the relevant update logs?

Thank you!

2021-1-4
Use props
Joel Schroeder
lvl.1
Canada

I am home now and re-installed Assistant 2 a third time and no luck. I noticed this time when connecting the A/C to the remote that the S/N for the flight controller isn't being shown.

I assume that I have an FC issue and if my only 2 options are to either send my drone away or order an FC and install myself I will do the latter. There is no warranty on this drone so I do not see the need to waste more money by sending this drone to DJI.
2021-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules